The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Zhy
Doesn't the winter pool letter say that from the 5th until the 14th people will be made direct offers?

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/publications/docs/winterpool_2013.pdf

Original post by gregzz
thanks! this situation is so stressing, although when the decision came in this morning I was happy I wasn't rejected, it's been getting worse since, but at least my exams don't start till 16th so plenty of time to revise, good luck to you though! :smile:

Yep looks like they drag it on until the 14th! I just read my pooling letter which referred to 5-9th as when you'll be invited for interview. So even if you're not reinterviewed and still haven't heard anything in a weeks time there'll still be a glimmer of hope you can hold on to...
I'd rather find out tomorrow or just give up hope tbh, I'll never get anything done! My first exam is on the 16th too, Physics by any chance?
Reply 181
Original post by janeA
oh noooo!!!i hope thats not the case.."fingers crossed". good luck with your application:smile:

Don't worry, you might get an offer straight away since the letter hasn't arrive. Hope that the rest of us just happen to bite the right bait! See ya.. Good Luck to everyone else!!! :smile:
Reply 182
Original post by grammar12
you can look on this link: http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/
here you can see how many applied to your chosen college and how many applied to the others too. You can also look at the past 5 years of applications but because psychology is new this year, i cant look back :s-smilie: Best of luck!

Ah brill thanks! I wonder why so few people applied for MML this year :s-smilie:
Original post by _Georgie
Yep looks like they drag it on until the 14th! I just read my pooling letter which referred to 5-9th as when you'll be invited for interview. So even if you're not reinterviewed and still haven't heard anything in a weeks time there'll still be a glimmer of hope you can hold on to...
I'd rather find out tomorrow or just give up hope tbh, I'll never get anything done! My first exam is on the 16th too, Physics by any chance?

Pooled for maths with your first exam for Physics, it's like looking into a mirror (that changes your gender). :holmes:
Reply 184
Original post by Etoile
How do you know there were only 380 applicants?

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/

That was my source, the decrease in MML applicants since 2009 was very surprising..

Original post by The Polymath
Nope :frown:

I got 92.7% UMS, not sure if I would be rounded up for auto-pooling or not..

Are we the only 3 MMLers in the pool on this thread?
Original post by medicdude
On the small chance that I get an interview, it says on the website that it will be on the 11th. I also have a chemistry exam on that day. Would it be possible to reschedule?

EDIT: my letter actually says to contact the cambridge admissions office straight away if there is a date you cant do for interview in the interview window
(edited 11 years ago)
When are they supposed to send decisions?I still haven't heard from Churchill College and I read that some of the applicants have been given their decisions..
Original post by jh.

That was my source, the decrease in MML applicants since 2009 was very surprising..

I have no clue :frown: I doubt most MMLers would be on TSR at all to be honest.
Reply 188
Original post by _Georgie

Yea physics as well :P any ideas what time they might start ringing tomorrow so I know what time I've got to get up at?
Original post by miss_kristin
When are they supposed to send decisions?I still haven't heard from Churchill College and I read that some of the applicants have been given their decisions..

i applied to churchill and got my pooling letter this morning
Reply 190
I got my pooling letter from Christ's this morning for Classics. I'm surprisingly not upset or even disappointed, just glad I got pooled because a) I may get another look-in and b) it means they think I'm good enough.

The FAQ says that some admissions tutors 'jump the gun' by contacting an applicant before 3pm on 5th January ... any idea how often this happens? Is it mainly the original college or another?
Reply 191

Original post by Etoile
x

x

Thinking of you lovely MML-ers. :smile: :console: Keep on nager-ing/nadar-ing/*insert other language here*
Original post by HannahO.o
Pooled by Downing for HSPS. I swear Downing have set quite a few people afloat this year, it's a freaking lake!

They really should change the name. It may have once been a pool but its become somewhat of an ocean with the amount of applicants put through.
Original post by Catherine.
Thinking of you lovely MML-ers. :smile: :console: Keep on nager-ing/nadar-ing/*insert other language here*

SCHWIMMEN :tongue:

It's not nice :frown:

MML through the ages:
2009 - 605 applications - 202 offers = 33%
2010 - 580 applications - 190 offers = 33%
2011 - 502 applications - 181 offers = 36%
2012 - 476 applications - 200 offers = 42%
2013 - 382 applications - x offers? If they give 200 offers, = 52%
Reply 194
Original post by jh.

People are heading towards sciences and getting the "everyone speaks English attitude"... it's heartbreaking that no one wants to learn languages anymore :frown:
I believe so, although there are a couple more on the stalking page.

I doubt most MMLers would be on TSR at all to be honest.

Why so? It's an excellent resource.

Original post by Catherine.

Thanks :smile: I will continue with my schwimmen/nuotare :lol:
Reply 195
Original post by jh.

Nope, I got pooled too, from Trinity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
Original post by toomanycats
A question for Minerva, if possible. Do you feel that the rules about colleges not contacting poolees until after subject meetings on Saturday have been tightened this year? They sound quite strict in the University Winter Pool instructions to the Colleges, but I don't know whether they sound this strict every year.
YOu did a wonderful job with this thread last year, and this year I hope that it will help and support my son who has found himself in the pool
I think that the rules are the same, but it may be that they'll be more strictly enforced - I have just got in and am only on page 3 of catching up with the thread, but at the time of your post the Pool still wasn't due to end for a few more hours :smile:

Original post by gregzz
If someone decides to fish you, do they ring house or mobile phone? Agh even more stress now, can't revise, but there is still some hope left...
They might ring either - rather depends on what number/s you gave them. I really would try not to leap 10 feet in the air every time either the landline or your mobile goes - but I know that's soooo hard.

Original post by Kidioteque
I would also love to know this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by S13_2
Is there a wiki page for poolies?
I haven't set one up - people usually follow things in this thread pretty intensively for a couple of weeks or so :smile:
Reply 197
SCHWIMMEN :tongue:

It's not nice :frown:

MML through the ages:
2009 - 605 applications - 202 offers = 33%
2010 - 580 applications - 190 offers = 33%
2011 - 502 applications - 181 offers = 36%
2012 - 476 applications - 200 offers = 42%
2013 - 382 applications - x offers? If they give 200 offers, = 52%

:O I can't believe how much applications have fallen...woah.
Reply 198
Y'know, even if I somehow get in, I'm going to hold an intense hatred towards Cambridge all my time there for making us wait this long. Honestly, I think I'd prefer a straight rejection, just so I can forget about this nonsense and move on with my life (exams).

Pooled by Jesus for Medicine.

:sigh: :sigh:
I don't like swimming :colonhash: I might drown :colonhash:

Latest

Trending

Trending