The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I applied to St. Catz for Law, and I still haven't received an email yet. So yeah I'm beginning to feel anxious now. Anybody in the same boat as I am? I could sure use the company. :smile:

And CONGRATULATIONS to all the offer holders! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by SoundDude
Anyone holding an offer from Girton here?? Lets make a big group for freshers like the christ's people have!

Sounds good, though I have to wait till Monday to get my letter as I live in Ireland.
Just so you know, the 2013 offer holders thread is here :smile: (and in the the unlikely event you missed it, here's a link to the Official Winter Pool thread)

Though no hurry to move over there yet, especially given the unlucky people who haven't yet got letters!
Original post by peg6303
me neither :/ i dunno if this is right but it seems like people getting pooled are getting emails today?

I got pooled by Clare for HSPS by email this morning - I don't know about anyone who's got an offer from them yet :smile:
Reply 564
Original post by AlexandraSophia
I applied to St. Catz for Law, and I still haven't received an email yet. So yeah I'm beginning to feel anxious now. Anybody in the same boat as I am? I could sure use the company. :smile:

And CONGRATULATIONS to all the offer holders! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Don't worry my fellow. Many St Catherine's applicants are in the same boat as you are (Including me, though I applied for Engineering). I am an EU applicant so there is some hope that the post will arrive tmr :biggrin: What about you? Are u a british, EU or internatinal applicants? :biggrin:
Reply 565
Anyone get an email from Emma? Mine said to fill out the "attached College Fee Status Form" and that a note explaining the basis on which offers are made was also attached, yet there were zero attachments on the email!

Anyone else have this problem? If so, they'll probably realize they didn't attach it for anyone and send it out soon, but if not I'll have to write to them and get the forms.
Original post by Tianci
Don't worry my fellow. Many St Catherine's applicants are in the same boat as you are (Including me, though I applied for Engineering). I am an EU applicant so there is some hope that the post will arrive tmr :biggrin: What about you? Are u a british, EU or internatinal applicants? :biggrin:

Oh phew! At least I have company. :smile: I'm from Malaysia, so that'd make me an international applicant. Which also means I'll be receiving an email, not a letter. Since it's already Saturday (3.50am to be precise) where I am, does this mean I won't get an email until Monday?
Original post by Stardust95
I got pooled by Clare for HSPS by email this morning - I don't know about anyone who's got an offer from them yet :smile:

Meee :smile: For Econonica though. Good luck in the pool!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 568
So to all my fellow rejects I shall be seeing you in the "Cambridge Post-Grad Applicants for 2016/2017" thread?
Reply 569
Original post by Stardust95

I got pooled by Clare and was notified by email (I think it's because other colleges can start phoning from about 9am tomorrow morning onwards, so it would be awkward if people didn't know). My friend got her rejection letter from Clare today, and I saw someone else get an offer letter today.
Reply 570
Original post by n.confused
Meee :smile: For Econonica though. Good luck in the pool!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Econonica is my very favourite Irish drinking song :P

But seriously, congratulations! And going to a college with Dr PF (not some kind of nickname, just protection against errant Googlers) is quite something - he supervised me in first year and was excellent.
Reply 571
If we haven't heard back from our college (in my case: e-mail, caius) yet, then we should expect being contacted on Monday, or will the admissions office be busy tomorrow as well, as this is an exceptional situation? :confused:
Reply 572
Is there a quick and easy way to see how many Maths offers there are (and what were the actual offers)?
Reply 573
Original post by Pandin
If we haven't heard back from our college (in my case: e-mail, caius) yet, then we should expect being contacted on Monday, or will the admissions office be busy tomorrow as well, as this is an exceptional situation? :confused:

The Caius admissions office is closed over the weekend so you won't hear till Monday. Caius has also been warning applicants that the backlog of international email requests means that the process might take longer than expected.
Reply 574
Original post by Pandin

I would be amazed if they weren't working tomorrow...
Reply 575
Original post by WJRA
The Caius admissions office is closed over the weekend so you won't hear till Monday. Caius has also been warning applicants that the backlog of international email requests means that the process might take longer than expected.

Thanks a lot and have a relaxed weekend!
Reply 576
Original post by Pandin
Thanks a lot and have a relaxed weekend!

No worries man. As with many Caius applicants I haven't heard anything yet so hopefully i'll get my letter tomorrow so I can relax.
Reply 577
No letter for me yet (and I don't think Finnish postal system works over the weekend). Pembroke hasn't replied to my email yet. I guess I sent it too late (around 3PM). This weekend's gonna be fun... :/

No contribution to the conversation here. Just felt like sharing my situation. :P
Original post by WenlockRhys
Was completely shocked to have gotten an Offer for Medicine at Downing considering my BMAT score :biggrin: Congrats to everyone else, good luck to all in the pool and Commiserations to those unsuccessful!

Congratulations! I am still waiting to hear my result for Caius medicine. What was your BMAT score?
Reply 579
Offer for Natural Sciences at Selwyn College!!!!

So thrilled, I was out in London all day to watch The Hobbit (in IMAX :cool:) so have had to wait the entire day for the news, it was well worth it though :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending