The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I always thought the idea would be fun and nostalgic. Kinda reminds me of French exchange in secondary school when we were encouraged to do this. :tongue: Everyone just uses Skype and Facebook these days. :frown:
Reply 2
Sure sounds cool :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I used to have one in primary school
Id quite like to have one again

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a friend I met on Diddl.com when I was 10 (or however hold I was when Diddl was cool!) and I still write to her almost a decade later. I plan on meeting her for the first time this summer.

I am also still in touch with my German exchange partner from Year 8 (when I was 12) - we usually email but sometimes write letter and we see each other every year.
I hate the idea of someone knowing my address. If you accidently write something bad, they could get the Mafia to come to your house and wreck you.
I have a friend I met on Diddl.com when I was 10 (or however old I was when Diddl was cool!) and I still write to her almost a decade later. I plan on meeting her for the first time this summer.

I am also still in touch with my German exchange partner from Year 8 (when I was 12) - we usually email but sometimes write letters and we see each other every year.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
I'd love one :biggrin:
Reply 8
Sure. Were are u from ?..pm if u want..:-)
I'd love to have a penpal :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by aliakhan
Sure. Were are u from ?..pm if u want..:-)

England lol hbu
Reply 11
Original post by Mrx123
England lol hbu

Haha..me too:-)...so are u male or female...im female..what sort of things interest u ..in terms of sports or hobbies? .Ohhh nearly forgot ..how old are u if u dont mind me askin?...
I have too many penpals, it's called Facebook.

Remember when a penpal was a rare unique and enjoyable thing? Now it's just a status update away...
Reply 13
I dont really get the point in having a pen pal. Obviously some people must get something out of it, but to me its just an old fashioned and slow way of talking to people.
You can connect to others via InterPals, the key aim is so students internationally can talk and practice foreign languages, but you can talk to other English people.
Reply 15
I'd like another one in a foreign country who's happy to exchange via mail rather than email :smile:
I miss having a penpal :frown: I used to feel so special receiving handwritten letters haha
Reply 17
That's how I met my (now) husband!
Reply 18
I'd love a french one, i have no idea where to find one though that would do hand written letters. My school(s) never had an exchange programmes or anything, sounds like it would be great! :daydreaming:
Reply 19
Original post by JSam1994
I'd love a french one, i have no idea where to find one though that would do hand written letters. My school(s) never had an exchange programmes or anything, sounds like it would be great! :daydreaming:

Try Pen Pal International. I think it gives you options about whether you'd like to do it by snail mail or email. Lots of people want to do it hand written still :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending