The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4880
I almost hope the Ravens win now, would have thought he'd still have another season in him.
Original post by Malevolent
Oh i love pointing out when the Giants lose. Nice to see "eli"te Manning lose and fail. However i usually bet on the Giants to win and if they do then i win money if they lose then im happy so either way i win :laugh:

Would have said Eli was one of the top quarterbacks last year - if not one of the elite (which is a title he probably deserved, considering the number of games he won them in the 4th quarter), he was definitely better than the ones you'd put on the same level as him, I'd think! But he hasn't done himself any favours this season, I don't think. 26 TD, 15 INT, just shy of 4000 yards... Hardly an elite season, and you could argue it's not a playoff-achieving season.

Then again, getting rid of Manningham was a bit silly, considering how he performed for them in the playoffs. If you have a reviving corps of 3 awesome WRs (Cruz, Nicks, Manningham) like New York had last season, even an average QB has a chance, so it's a shame for him. Oh well, every time it's pointed out to me that the Giants lost, I offer a reminder that I am a Colts fan and our Win record, which for most of the season, has been unbelievable!
Reply 4882
If you judge 'eliteness' by 4th Q comebacks then Luck is elite in his first season in the NFL......
Original post by ..DT..
Would anyone join if I made a TSR league on the ESPN playoff fantasy challenge?

yeah i would, love fantasy football
Original post by ..DT..
If you judge 'eliteness' by 4th Q comebacks then Luck is elite in his first season in the NFL......

Agree, i don't believe a 4th quarter comeback makes you elite unless you did not contribute to the team being in that position.
Agree, i don't believe a 4th quarter comeback makes you elite unless you did not contribute to the team being in that position.

I make Luck an elite rookie quarterback. Give him a couple years and with the right development and additions to the Colts roster (not just on offence - I'm a strong believer that if the Colts had a better D, Peyton Manning would have more rings to his name), he'll be "elite" very, very soon.
Original post by ..DT..
Would anyone join if I made a TSR league on the ESPN playoff fantasy challenge?

Joined. This should be fun :smile: Good idea!
Reply 4887
Did anyone go to Wembley this year?

P.S. I'm a 49 ers fan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HYPERbol

P.S. I'm a 49 ers fan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup it was great! did you?
Reply 4889
yup it was great! did you?

Yeah it was brilliant. Going to go next year as well! Looking forward to the 49ers game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it was brilliant. Going to go next year as well! Looking forward to the 49ers game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might do, was great but stores needed to be bigger ques were massive...
Reply 4891
Yeah that's true. Massive q's. The tailgate was pretty cool, this year ill be able to participate in the Budweiser tent as ill be 18. Good atmosphere round the area though.

Tickets on sale from Thursday 10th Jan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

P.S. I'm a 49 ers fan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I went. Big Patriots fan. My uncle who went with me is a Rams fan, so he regretted his life for a few hours.
(edited 11 years ago)
Pats fan from Boston (New England) here. I'm more of a fan of European football than our American variant. Nonetheless, I hope we can make a nice run in the playoffs and potentially win a Super Bowl. At this time I'd like to make a formal prediction of a Pats-Packers Super Bowl.

That will be all. :holmes:
12th Man travels with da Legion of Boom. Seattle fuccck yeah. LEGO.
Original post by I Kant Spall
Pats fan from Boston (New England) here. I'm more of a fan of European football than our American variant. Nonetheless, I hope we can make a nice run in the playoffs and potentially win a Super Bowl. At this time I'd like to make a formal prediction of a Pats-Packers Super Bowl.

That will be all. :holmes:

thats what it will be :wink:
Reply 4896
thats what it will be :wink:

I've gone for a Bronco's win... I can't get enough of Peyton! But I fancy the 49'ers as the other team to make the Superbowl. I know that's the boring prediction though.

I'd love to see a Vikings win tonight, you've got to love an underdog!
Reply 4897
Also hoping the Vikings win today!

Weird question, but on Sky Sports, when they're showing the advert/preview of this wildcard weekend, with Kevin Cadle presenting, does anyone know the song that's playing? Sounds pretty cool, can't find it:hmmmm:
Original post by Wattsy
I've gone for a Bronco's win... I can't get enough of Peyton! But I fancy the 49'ers as the other team to make the Superbowl. I know that's the boring prediction though.

I'd love to see a Vikings win tonight, you've got to love an underdog!

nah Brady bunch gonna expose the Broncos with their tiddly schedule. Packers should kill the vikings with all their toys now healthy.
Reply 4899
You just can't stop AP can you? It's actually impossible!

Latest