The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yh and im looking for a **** budy we cant all have what we want
Reply 21
I used to have a penpal from France called Marguerite, back when I did French at school. Never met her and haven't spoken to her for years, but lets just say her English was better than my French. Pen Pals have sadly become somewhat obselete because of social networking.
I'd absolutely love to have a pen pal. The thrill of cute snail mail and sitting next to the door flap going DAMN IT LETTER, WHY WON'T YOU COME BACK?! And when it finally does, I'm like :zomg:... :adore:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by PINKFLEUR
I'd absolutely love to have a pen pal. The thrill of cute snail mail and sitting next to the door flap going DAMN IT LETTER, WHY WON'T YOU COME BACK?! And when it finally does, I'm like :zomg:... :adore:

PM me your address and I'll send you one then.

And anyone else!

-------------------------

I have a couple of German penfriends, since that's how I thought would be best to learn the language. For my last one I sent 7 small ones to be opened for every day of the week. Creating an interesting letter is such an art :biggrin:
Original post by James A
I hate the idea of someone knowing my address. If you accidently write something bad, they could get the Mafia to come to your house and wreck you.
The benefits of having a university address that you can get post but doesn't tell them exactly where you live... :biggrin:
Original post by fluteflute
The benefits of having a university address that you can get post but doesn't tell them exactly where you live... :biggrin:

:yep:
Original post by GingerGoat
PM me your address and I'll send you one then.

And anyone else!

-------------------------

I have a couple of German penfriends, since that's how I thought would be best to learn the language. For my last one I sent 7 small ones to be opened for every day of the week. Creating an interesting letter is such an art :biggrin:

Where are you from?x
Where are you from?x

I'm from the north of Scotland but I currently live in Singapore. Yourself? :smile:
Reply 28
I used to have a couple of penpals (now I just exchange postcards) which I found through Interpals :smile:
Reply 29
Love the idea. But maybe it'd be impractical these days.
Would be great if relived. Handwritten letters show how much you value a person. And I wouldn't mind having one!
Reply 30
I would love a penpal so it would be wonderful!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xbeth
I used to have a couple of penpals (now I just exchange postcards) which I found through Interpals :smile:
I like the idea of postcards, then you have to fit everything on your postcard! And you can go out searching for vaguely interesting ones.

Original post by Bee3011
I would love a penpal so it would be wonderful!:biggrin:
Maybe we should sent some up :tongue:
Reply 32
Original post by fluteflute
I like the idea of postcards, then you have to fit everything on your postcard! And you can go out searching for vaguely interesting ones.

Maybe we should sent some up :tongue:

We should it would be amazing lol:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm from the north of Scotland but I currently live in Singapore. Yourself? :smile:

London. Wow, Singapore! Is it as beautiful as people say it is? :blushing:
London. Wow, Singapore! Is it as beautiful as people say it is? :blushing:

What's it like living in London? I come from a town of 20,000, so the idea of 10,000,000 folk is just mind boggling to me, when I consider that the population of Scotland is half that... :biggrin:
Singapore is beautiful as cities go, with all the greenery, but I preferred places like Vietnam and Germany where there is more countryside. While I don't miss the Scottish weather, I do miss the mountains :smile:
What's it like living in London? I come from a town of 20,000, so the idea of 10,000,000 folk is just mind boggling to me, when I consider that the population of Scotland is half that... :biggrin:Singapore is beautiful as cities go, with all the greenery, but I preferred places like Vietnam and Germany where there is more countryside. While I don't miss the Scottish weather, I do miss the mountains :smile:
Haha, London is a pretty cool place to live in. the cons have got to be: THE WEATHER. Everytime it rains, Im like RAIN DIE, DIE, DIE! Also, it gets extremely busy near the london eye, Piccadilly Circus and all public attractions basically. When there are football games, it's extremely noisy for hours after the game - either it be people singing with happiness :cheers: or people creating havoc because their football team lost..What I particularly like about London is the festivals, concerts and social events you could go to. There are always so many people you could meet and everyone seems to tolerate eachother most of the time, which is good.I do wish I could go to Scotland, whenever I try to think of how Scotland looks like, I just imagine the movie "brave" I could just die for the scottish accent :drool:...it's such a turn on :')Are people really friendly over in Singapore?
(edited 11 years ago)
I'd love a penpal! I used to have a French penpal through school but it all sort of fell apart as only school knew the addresses and they stopped getting us to write letters.
Haha, London is a pretty cool place to live in. the cons have got to be: THE WEATHER. Everytime it rains, Im like RAIN DIE, DIE, DIE! Also, it gets extremely busy near the london eye, Piccadilly Circus and all public attractions basically. When there are football games, it's extremely noisy for hours after the game - either it be people singing with happiness :cheers: or people creating havoc because their football team lost..What I particularly like about London is the festivals, concerts and social events you could go to. There are always so many people you could meet and everyone seems to tolerate eachother most of the time, which is good.I do wish I could go to Scotland, whenever I try to think of how Scotland looks like, I just imagine the movie "brave" I could just die for the scottish accent :drool:...it's such a turn on :')Are people really friendly over in Singapore?

Ach I'm from Scotland, we usually swear at London whenever the weather map comes up and London is usually 5-10 degrees warmer! Though the rain in Singapore is strange. It rains maybe once or twice a month but when it does it's proper monsoon rain, so much so that I often wonder if I'll have start building an ark and collecting animals :tongue: I lived in Germany during Euro 2012, so I understand about the crazy football fans all too well! As well as Glasgow when Celtic and Rangers play... How were the Olympics by the way? :smile:

And people are less friendly in Singapore compared to Scotland. Strangers just don't talk to one another which I find strange. The other day on my train ride back to Glasgow (I'm in Scotland for Xmas) I sat talking to a stranger about the computer game he was programming called "House of the Terrifying Kittens" and his band, which he described as "Goth-folk music" :biggrin: People are much friendlier in other places in Asia, like Cambodia.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by chipskylark
I'd love to have a penpal :smile:

Same :smile:
Ach I'm from Scotland, we usually swear at London whenever the weather map comes up and London is usually 5-10 degrees warmer! Though the rain in Singapore is strange. It rains maybe once or twice a month but when it does it's proper monsoon rain, so much so that I often wonder if I'll have start building an ark and collecting animals :tongue: I lived in Germany during Euro 2012, so I understand about the crazy football fans all too well! As well as Glasgow when Celtic and Rangers play... How were the Olympics by the way? :smile:

And people are less friendly in Singapore compared to Scotland. Strangers just don't talk to one another which I find strange. The other day on my train ride back to Glasgow (I'm in Scotland for Xmas) I sat talking to a stranger about the computer game he was programming called "House of the Terrifying Kittens" and his band, which he described as "Goth-folk music" :biggrin: People are much friendlier in other places in Asia, like Cambodia.

Oh my, you must have the accent then?! :coma: kill me.

Haha, how cold can it be in Scotland? O__o do you like the rain? :blushing:...haha a modern day Noah. The Olympics was amazing, did you watch the opening ceremony on television? I attended the wrestling tournaments with my older sister and brother and my little brother was like, "when is Usain Bolt coming on?" And I was like, :stomp: USAIN BOLT DOESN'T WRESTLE. London became even more crowded than usual, which was a hassle but it was nice to see people coming and going, all fascinated by the posh accents and whatever.

...goth-folk music? Wow. Maybe people are less friendly because may the way people communicate through their body movement probably makes people feel as if they're unapproachable??
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending