The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Kidioteque
Interesting...

I applied to Magdalene, and my letter was considerably more vague and indecisive-sounding:

"At present, we are unable to give you a final decision about you application which is still under consideration here at Magdalene. In the meantime we have also made you application available to other colleges via the Inter-Collegiate Pool in order to maximize your chances of gaining a place in Cambridge."

:s-smilie:

^^ that's exactly what mine said, Magdalene, history
Original post by jh.
Does anyone have an educated guess about when it might all kick off regarding re-interviews and direct offers? After the 3pm deadline tomorrow for colleges sound about right?

Looking at last year's pool thread (Yes a lot of pages from it I'm rather sad!)

Select colleges started contacting from around 17.30 the next day. Selwyn were the "early" college of the year that broke the rules so to speak so they were making offers before.
Reply 322
Anybody else wish we weren't told about all this pooling business and were just told at the end if we were rejected or given an offer from somewhere? TOO STRESSFUL.
Reply 323
Original post by Alex Bampton
Looking at last year's pool thread (Yes a lot of pages from it I'm rather sad!)

Select colleges started contacting from around 17.30 the next day. Selwyn were the "early" college of the year that broke the rules so to speak so they were making offers before.

Well from what you've said count me in as sad too, after I asked that I hopped over to last years thread and started reading :colondollar:. Let's hope there are a some early colleges this year too, the combination of wait and not knowing is killing me!

Where did you you get pooled from + which subject?
Reply 324
wow why do economists have it so bad in the pool?
Original post by jh.
Well from what you've said count me in as sad too, after I asked that I hopped over to last years thread and started reading :colondollar:. Let's hope there are a some early colleges this year too, the combination of wait and not knowing is killing me!

Where did you you get pooled from + which subject?

Haha I really don't think I'm going to be able to cope tomorrow if I have too many junk email / cold calls etc!

Pooled from St.Johns, BioNatSci yourself?
Reply 326
Original post by Kidioteque
Interesting...

I applied to Magdalene, and my letter was considerably more vague and indecisive-sounding:

"At present, we are unable to give you a final decision about you application which is still under consideration here at Magdalene. In the meantime we have also made you application available to other colleges via the Inter-Collegiate Pool in order to maximize your chances of gaining a place in Cambridge."

:s-smilie:

what subject did you apply for and what is your average UMS if you don't mind me asking?xx
in case anyone is interested
8 cambridge applicants from my school (decent comprehensive in west london)
2 rejected before interview
4 rejected after interview
1 pooled (thats me!!!)
1 offer
so clearly we are doing well to have got this far!!
Original post by alexxnott
what subject did you apply for and what is your average UMS if you don't mind me asking?xx

It's fine: I applied for Law with a UMS average of 88% :smile:
Reply 329
Original post by Alex Bampton
Haha I really don't think I'm going to be able to cope tomorrow if I have too many junk email / cold calls etc!

Pooled from St.Johns, BioNatSci yourself?

Me neither, I lost it a little bit earlier when I got one from SkyBet haha. I was pooled from Jesus, MML Spanish and Portuguese
Did anyone hear about that girl that sent her college a formal rejection letter before her response. Seriously considering doing the same to pembroke, just to regain some sort of control over my life. I'm starting to really despise them for putting me in this torturous limbo. We must seek revenge...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by belisarius
in case anyone is interested
8 cambridge applicants from my school (decent comprehensive in west london)
2 rejected before interview
4 rejected after interview
1 pooled (thats me!!!)
1 offer
so clearly we are doing well to have got this far!!

HI FIVE GUYS! We're awesome! :biggrin:
I've been having a look at some of the statistics online and was just wondering whether 'offers made by other colleges' meant offers made to poolees who were pooled by that college. E.g. Girton have 0, so does that mean that 0 people who were pooled have received an offer elsewhere? Also if one is pooled and then re-selected by that college, does that count as an offer made through the pool?
Reply 333
Original post by jamil78613
I've been having a look at some of the statistics online and was just wondering whether 'offers made by other colleges' meant offers made to poolees who were pooled by that college. E.g. Girton have 0, so does that mean that 0 people who were pooled have received an offer elsewhere?

I think so.

Also if one is pooled and then re-selected by that college, does that count as an offer made through the pool?

Not sure. I think that could count as a 'direct offer', but I don't think we can really tell. :dontknow:
Original post by Allahu Akbar
Did anyone hear about that girl that sent her college a formal rejection letter before her response. Seriously considering doing the same to pembroke, just to regain some sort of control over my life. I'm starting to really despise them for putting me in this torturous limbo. We must seek revenge...

i remember reading that
tbh it just seemed rather petty and childish. if you want to withdraw your application then just do it through ucas. no need to be an ass at the same time
Reply 335
Here we go again, I'm back for another swim...

Last year I was pooled by King's for HSPS.
This year I've been pooled by Downing for Philosophy.

Last year I had this year as security. This time round I'm just really scared it won't work out.

WHY WHY WHY!!!!
Original post by pkll93

Last year I had this year as security. This time round I'm just really scared it won't work out.

WHY WHY WHY!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that, I feel you stress! But.. HSPS didn't run last year?
Reply 337
Original post by pkll93

WHY WHY WHY!!!!

ouch.:redface:
Original post by Allahu Akbar

Posted from TSR Mobile

She was an idiot. She applies for Cambridge, gets rejected pre-interview, reapplies for Magdalen, Oxford, has her interview, THEN decides that Oxbridge are unnecessarily posh (in which case, why apply for Magdalen?!?!).

Plus you can't reject an offer that hasn't been made :tongue:
Reply 339
So the time after which the colleges are allowed to call you is 3pm tomorrow?
Where does it say this?

Latest

Trending

Trending