The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
I don't know if anyone in this thread has already received an offer, but I'll just let you guys know that a friend of mine from school was pooled on the 4th and later in the evening received a phone call from Queens' offering him a place. :smile: He applied for Vet Med at Selwyn.
Original post by jqian
Wait, you already have 3A* 1A at A2 level and you expected a rejection?!

if you have achieved A*A*A* at A2 you meet the auto-pooling criteria...
Reply 382
Original post by und
I don't know if anyone in this thread has already received an offer, but I'll just let you guys know that a friend of mine from school was pooled on the 4th and later in the evening received a phone call from Queens' offering him a place. :smile: He applied for Vet Med at Selwyn.

Queens rather than Selwyn jumping the gun this year, interesting!
Trying my utmost to fall in love with my second choice uni :lol:
Original post by _Georgie

One last question - as the pool has already happened, why might someone not hear very soon and be left waiting until near the end? Assuming they're eventually fished, I mean.

I know I'm not Minerva, but I think someone might have to wait until the end/second half of January, because they were on a college's wait list. Essentially, they were half-fished, but the college knew it didn't want to re-interview them (nor make a straight offer), instead went on to re-interview a couple other students. After the second round of interviews they compare the candidates, so this way someone might get an offer or a rejection quite late. Also, I think you can be wait-listed by your original college.
At least this is what I gathered last year, when two of my friends were pooled, so I followed this thread (well, the 2012 version). Good luck! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 385
Original post by AbominableSnowman
If you say so my friend.

Haha. I'd much rather have a some element of hope rather than nothing at all, even if we have a somewhat torturous wait..
Original post by Kidioteque
Trying my utmost to fall in love with my second choice uni :lol:

I would have with UCL if I wasn't torn with whether I'd want to study in London or not :lol: the course is pretty awesome but... it's London and expensive :tongue:

I hope you get some good news tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by jh.
Haha. I'd much rather have a some element of hope rather than nothing at all, even if we have a somewhat torturous wait..

Again, live and let live-whatever works for you mate. But I'm personally opting for unfaltering pessimism from here on in, as if I'm wrong I get a pleasant surprise, whereas optimism, no matter how cautious leaves people prone to disappointment (not least in situations like this). At any rate I think we can safely say that whoever invented the pool definitely dabbled in sadomasochism.
Reply 388
Again, live and let live-whatever works for you mate. But I'm personally opting for unfaltering pessimism from here on in, as if I'm wrong I get a pleasant surprise, whereas optimism, no matter how cautious leaves people prone to disappointment (not least in situations like this). At any rate I think we can safely say that whoever invented the pool definitely dabbled in sadomasochism.

^ Nailed it.
Been pooled by Clare for Engineering... Same boat as last year!
Is there anyone else here pooled by Clare, if so, did you get a letter or email?
Original post by henry.harrod
Been pooled by Clare for Engineering... Same boat as last year!
Is there anyone else here pooled by Clare, if so, did you get a letter or email?

Email.
Email.

Reply 392
Now now, who peed in the pool.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Zhy
Now now, who peed in the pool.

It was an admissions tutor :colone:
Original post by chickenonsteroids
I would have with UCL if I wasn't torn with whether I'd want to study in London or not :lol: the course is pretty awesome but... it's London and expensive :tongue:

I hope you get some good news tomorrow! :smile:

Similar situation for me but with LSE rather than UCL :lol: I've come to the conclusion that the pros outweigh the cons; plus, in five years' time, when you're earning ****loads working in the City, those living costs will seem minute! :wink:

Hmm, same. Thanks, man. I hope you do too! Really very surprised to hear you'd been pooled. What will be will be, eh?
Original post by gregzz
I've been pooled by Trinity Hall for CompSci, but it wasn't an Auto-Pool

Thought I'd find you hereee
Reply 396
I've been asked to come for an interview at Corpus Christi, is it a good or bad sign that I received an invitation to interview very quickly after being told I was put in the pool? (only a few hours)
Reply 397
Original post by MRBall
I've been asked to come for an interview at Corpus Christi, is it a good or bad sign that I received an invitation to interview very quickly after being told I was put in the pool? (only a few hours)

Which subject?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by MRBall

Well it's certainly better than nothing! Congratulations, and good luck for the interview :smile:
Pooled by king's for natsci. anybody else?

Latest

Trending

Trending