The Student Room Group

How to overcome a-level stress?

Hiya I'm currently doing Religious Studies,Law,English Literature and Geography for A-level..predicted A*AAA and struggling to keep up with the work...
I don't know why but I'm always stressed out about meeting deadlines, never focused in class and feel constantly tired of work.
I need motivation!!! I'm so so so lazy...that I'm worried I'll fail this year

Facebook and internet in general are so distracting -.-
Any advice?
Reply 1
yea facebook and internet are always distracting for me too, are you doing your A.S or A2?
Reply 2
I don't know why but I'm always stressed out about meeting deadlines, never focused in class and feel constantly tired of work.

I felt exactly the same - stressed out all of the time, didn't feel like there was any free time at all for me. But if you do the work as soon as it's set, and do it in a focused manner, you get things done quickly and you don't have to worry as much. I get home from school (I'm doing A levels too) at 3.30 and start work at 4, then work up until dinner (6.30). If I am focused, I can have the rest of the evening off as I've done everything I need to. It took a while to get into the routine, but once you're in you are fairly safe.

I need motivation!!! I'm so so so lazy...that I'm worried I'll fail this year

What if you went to a good event related to your future career, to get some inspiration? I started A levels very unmotivated (breezed through GCSEs without having to revise), but then went to a robotics day in the city's science park, at an office, and I found that programming robots was an excellent motivator for working hard in Computing!

Facebook and internet in general are so distracting -.-

The way I got around this was to print out all of the resources I needed and then move to another room and do my work there, where there is no computer.

Original post by martina9696
Hiya I'm currently doing Religious Studies,Law,English Literature and Geography for A-level..predicted A*AAA and struggling to keep up with the work...

Not sure how you are predicted an A in English when you don't put spaces between words. :P

Joking aside, I hope this helps. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by McCaffery
yea facebook and internet are always distracting for me too, are you doing your A.S or A2?

I'm doing my AS. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by martina9696
I'm doing my AS. :smile:

well the only thing i can say is revise for exams and dont get behind on c/w, then again easier said then done as the amount of times i have said i'm going to do this, this and this, i end up spending all day on facebook :rolleyes: i'm currently doing A2 at the moment

Quick Reply

Latest