The Student Room Group

Age restriction in IKEA Restaurant?

Hey, I'm waiting on a response from IKEA after I applied for a co-worker position in the restaurant. Is there an age restriction on how young they can employ? I'm 16 but still in high school, I know some places only take on 16 years olds who have left school, is this the case for IKEA? The hours aren't a problem, its evenings and weekends, so it's not like its overlapping with school hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by clementine_
Hey, I'm waiting on a response from IKEA after I applied for a co-worker position in the restaurant. Is there an age restriction on how young they can employ? I'm 16 but still in high school, I know some places only take on 16 years olds who have left school, is this the case for IKEA? The hours aren't a problem, its evenings and weekends, so it's not like its overlapping with school hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't work in commercial kitchens at that age. It depends what you'd be doing and how the kitchen is set out - it would be ok to load a dishwasher if it's in another room - but generally it's unlikely they'll be able to employ you.

Sent from my GT-S5363
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
You can't work in commercial kitchens at that age. It depends what you'd be doing and how the kitchen is set out - it would be ok to load a dishwasher if it's in another room - but generally it's unlikely they'll be able to employ you.

Sent from my GT-S5363

Damn! The job description didn't specify food preparation, just things like dishwasher duties, working the till, etc. Do you reckon there might still be a chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by clementine_
Damn! The job description didn't specify food preparation, just things like dishwasher duties, working the till, etc. Do you reckon there might still be a chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not just kitchen duties, it's being there at all. So dishwasher might be ok or might not. It's impossible to say without knowing what their kitchen is like.

Sent from my GT-S5363
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
It's not just kitchen duties, it's being there at all. So dishwasher might be ok or might not. It's impossible to say without knowing what their kitchen is like.

Sent from my GT-S5363

Ah, okay, I won't build my hopes too high then :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending