The Student Room Group

Is it okay to store daily disposable contact lenses and wear them again after a week?

I have to go for an important interview today, and I have ran out of contact lenses (daily disposable) :frown:. My glasses are fine for me to wear, but they are one of those big chunky ray-ban ones that look very unprofessional and they look a lot like fake glasses, so I really don't want to wear them.
A week a go, I stored one of my daily disposable contacts in solution for a week because I figured I was running out of contacts and I could use it if I had an emergency.
The time has now come, but I'm really scared of the risks. I would be extra careful and wash my hands thoroughly and also rinse the contact in solution for ages before wearing it obviously, but is it worth it wearing it?
Bare in mind it is a VERY important interview, and I want to look my best...the glasses will prevent me from doing that, however my eyesight is also VERY important to me, and I just want to ask if anyone has ever tried it before and if it was okay or not? Thanks xox :smile:
As long as you clean them to make sure that there hasn't been any "growth" in the week, they should be fine.

I regularly use dailies as fortnight-lies / monthlies. It's much cheaper and as long as you make sure to clean them properly, they're also way more comfortable. The longest I've ever left them and come back to them though has been 2-3 days, so if yours feel at all uncomfortable etc, then don't wear them.
Reply 2
Original post by TwilightKnight
As long as you clean them to make sure that there hasn't been any "growth" in the week, they should be fine.

I regularly use dailies as fortnight-lies / monthlies. It's much cheaper and as long as you make sure to clean them properly, they're also way more comfortable. The longest I've ever left them and come back to them though has been 2-3 days, so if yours feel at all uncomfortable etc, then don't wear them.

I do the same thing.
Obviously don't just store them in saline, get a proper container and all purpose or peroxide soluion and all that. You'll be fine :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I often use my dailies for a week at a time...
Reply 4

Original post by Xiomara
I do the same thing.
Obviously don't just store them in saline, get a proper container and all purpose or peroxide soluion and all that. You'll be fine :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by hslt
I often use my dailies for a week at a time...

Since a few people on here have raised/are likely to raise the cost of daily disposables, I thought you might be interested to hear about daysoft. I get my lenses from them (have done for about four years now) and they're only about a tenner for a month's supply. They're fantastic to wear, very comfortable, and the guy behind the company, Ron Hamilton, is the inventor of daily disposable lenses!
Original post by Tortious
Since a few people on here have raised/are likely to raise the cost of daily disposables, I thought you might be interested to hear about daysoft. I get my lenses from them (have done for about four years now) and they're only about a tenner for a month's supply. They're fantastic to wear, very comfortable, and the guy behind the company, Ron Hamilton, is the inventor of daily disposable lenses!

Looks good! But they don't supply lenses for those with astigmatism (toric lenses) :frown:. They tend to be more expensive and astigmatism affects about 20% of people who wear contact lenses on a daily basis, including myself. Stupid rugby ball eyes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Looks good! But they don't supply lenses for those with astigmatism (toric lenses) :frown:. They tend to be more expensive and astigmatism affects about 20% of people who wear contact lenses on a daily basis, including myself. Stupid rugby ball eyes.

Awww. :console: It might be worth contacting them anyway to see if you're still able to wear them - I have slight astigmatism in my right eye and my prescription's never been "rejected". Their customer service people are pretty good and tend to get back to you within a couple of working days. :smile:

As someone who bought these for ages without realising they didn't help my astigatism don't do it haha

Quick Reply

Latest