The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xoxoyayz

I don't think so.. A lot of people are still waiting to hear from Catz. I sent an email yesterday morning (4th) asking for a decision letter by email and they hasn't replied. They are certainly working today to deal with the pool stuff but might not be working officially so might not reply to us.. you could call and ask i guess

I read about someone getting an offer from Catz in the decisions forum, by post. Haven't seen any 'heard by email' posts. I'll email or call them if there's no news today.
I did read about people receiving their decision letters from Catz, but not for Law. I wonder what's holding the law offers up. :confused:
Reply 662
Hey. Has anyone on here got in for HSPS?
I, somehow, managed to get an offer for HSPS at Trinity Hall :smile: Still in shock!
Reply 663
Original post by AlexandraSophia
I did read about people receiving their decision letters from Catz, but not for Law. I wonder what's holding the law offers up. :confused:

i know... do you think they've made the decision/posted it yet? :s-smilie:
i know... do you think they've made the decision/posted it yet? :s-smilie:

Oh dear, if they opted to send the decision letters via post then I might have to wait at least a week, being in a far-flung country called Malaysia. I thought they'd email the international applicants, just to speed things up considerably. My friend who applied to Peterhouse for Law received her decision via email, not post.

God I'm so worried right now. :s-smilie:
Reply 665
Oh dear, if they opted to send the decision letters via post then I might have to wait at least a week, being in a far-flung country called Malaysia. I thought they'd email the international applicants, just to speed things up considerably. My friend who applied to Peterhouse for Law received her decision via email, not post.

i think it depends on the college... i know one person that got notification by email but others are through posts (catz)
Reply 666

Just drop them an E-mail to see if they can mail you a copy of your decission letter, apparently some colleges don't send an additional E-mail automatically, good luck!

I know, me too. I'm literally freaking out, refreshing my inbox every 2 minutes (literally). I emailed them day before yesterday and they replied saying they'll email me the letter on the 4th i.e. yesterday. Still no news!
i think it depends on the college... i know one person that got notification by email but others are through posts (catz)

I see. Do you wanna email Catz and see how things pan out from there? It's worth a shot. :smile:
Original post by ibs2012
Just drop them an E-mail to see if they can mail you a copy of your decission letter, apparently some colleges don't send an additional E-mail automatically, good luck!

Psyching myself up to type out that email and send it to Catz right now lol. :tongue: Any ideas on how to phrase the email appropriately? My mind is in such a befuddled state.
Original post by shankar.leo
I know, me too. I'm literally freaking out, refreshing my inbox every 2 minutes (literally). I emailed them day before yesterday and they replied saying they'll email me the letter on the 4th i.e. yesterday. Still no news!

Hahaha let me tell you that you aren't alone in doing that. I've been refreshing my inbox since yesterday lol. This is getting crazy. :s-smilie: Ah so you emailed them. What exactly did you ask?
Reply 671
I see. Do you wanna email Catz and see how things pan out from there? It's worth a shot. :smile:

I actually emailed Catz yesterday asking for an email confirmation coz im not in school now so I wont receive the post till next week; but no reply from them. I'm guessing giving them a call might be the best option now coz you won't have to wait for an answer
Reply 672
When does track get updated?
Reply 673
Psyching myself up to type out that email and send it to Catz right now lol. :tongue: Any ideas on how to phrase the email appropriately? My mind is in such a befuddled state.

Don't worry too much - the best thing you can do is be very polite and apologetic (and realise that it's possible that you might not get an answer until Monday - I don't know whether they're working today). Emailing won't change their decision. Promise.

Well, this is what I wrote -
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you in connection with my application for admission to study Natural Sciences (Physical) at St Catharine's College. I'm an international applicant from India.
I understand that Cambridge colleges send their admissions decisions by post to applicants. However, it takes well above three weeks for mail from the UK to reach my place. It is therefore my request that the decision you have made as regards my application be sent to me by e-mail. I hope this is possible.
In case further identification is needed,
my UCAS ID is >>>>>>>>>>>>>
I wish you all the best for this year.
REgards,
>>>>>>
Original post by lp386
Don't worry too much - the best thing you can do is be very polite and apologetic (and realise that it's possible that you might not get an answer until Monday - I don't know whether they're working today). Emailing won't change their decision. Promise.

Thank you so much! :smile: I'll give it a shot. :smile:
Original post by shankar.leo
Well, this is what I wrote -
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you in connection with my application for admission to study Natural Sciences (Physical) at St Catharine's College. I'm an international applicant from India.
I understand that Cambridge colleges send their admissions decisions by post to applicants. However, it takes well above three weeks for mail from the UK to reach my place. It is therefore my request that the decision you have made as regards my application be sent to me by e-mail. I hope this is possible.
In case further identification is needed,
my UCAS ID is >>>>>>>>>>>>>
I wish you all the best for this year.
REgards,
>>>>>>

Thank you so much! :smile: I'll send off the email in a bit. Hope they aren't too busy though. They must be swamped with all our frantic emails and calls. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually emailed Catz yesterday asking for an email confirmation coz im not in school now so I wont receive the post till next week; but no reply from them. I'm guessing giving them a call might be the best option now coz you won't have to wait for an answer

I see. Well I'm going to try your tactic and send off an email and see how things turn out from there. Hopefully it'll be a positive reply. :smile: *fingers crossed*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much! :smile: I'll send off the email in a bit. Hope they aren't too busy though. They must be swamped with all our frantic emails and calls. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. You're welcome :smile:. Let us know if you get a reply. If you don't, I think I'll just call them up.
Reply 679
I see. Well I'm going to try your tactic and send off an email and see how things turn out from there. Hopefully it'll be a positive reply. :smile: *fingers crossed*

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest i dont think they will reply ... D:

Latest

Trending

Trending