The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Oh god. The most I have sailed is a duck in my bath, inner city poor kid here! How on earth will I manage at Cambridge!
Seriously though, can't wait to join debating and political societies. Maybe kayaking, as at kings they have a club. Slightly worried about being the poorest student and not being able to join in with what others are doing......anyone else on a tight budget ?
Original post by Noonoo
Oh god. The most I have sailed is a duck in my bath, inner city poor kid here! How on earth will I manage at Cambridge!
Seriously though, can't wait to join debating and political societies. Maybe kayaking, as at kings they have a club. Slightly worried about being the poorest student and not being able to join in with what others are doing......anyone else on a tight budget ?

There'll be loads of people on a tight budget, and I read that Kings is 90% state-school (considerably more than average), so you shouldn't be alone. Even most rich/well-off people don't sail or ride horses :tongue:
Original post by bananarama2
I actually sold my boat because I couldn't get down to the club often enough and to be honest I didn't sail competitively. I out grew my topper obv. and sailed my Dads comet. (Clearly I was sailing in the lap of luxury with an RS :lol:) I enjoyed it though.

That's a shame, I don't think I could ever give up sailing! I do lots of competitions, love them :smile:
Original post by Noonoo

You'll be fine :smile: I too have a tight budget!
Reply 184
Original post by Caitlin_dj
Hi I'm for HSPS at Trinity :biggrin: What days were you there for interview maybe we bumped into each other?

heyy, finally someone from trinity! :biggrin: i was there on the fifth, what about you?
Original post by Noonoo

Cambridge is one of the cheapest Unis to attend!
Reply 186
Hiya everyone, congrats on getting offers :smile: Anyone else got an offer for BioNatSci at Catz?
Reply 187
Original post by BibbyDuck
Yay! I have finally found another Caius medic :biggrin: I wasnt expecting an offer either to be honest, I was so shocked when i read 'offer' on my letter :smile:

I'm a Caius medic too :biggrin:
Original post by karima95
heyy, finally someone from trinity! :biggrin: i was there on the fifth, what about you?

I was there on the 3rd and 4th :smile: in the upstairs JCR most of the afternoon on the 4th if I saw you :smile: I know the Trinity College thread is kinda crap nobody is on it :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 189
Original post by Crushy10
I'm a Caius medic too :biggrin:

So that makes three of us then :biggrin: now to find the other Caius medics :smile:
Original post by Caitlin_dj
I was there on the 3rd and 4th :smile: in the upstairs JCR most of the afternoon on the 4th if I saw you :smile: I know the Trinity College thread is kinda crap nobody is on it :frown:

Edit: Never mind, found it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sewm47
Hi :smile: I'm a bio natsci (corpus) what courses do you think you'd like to do?

Biology of cells, physiology of organisms, mathematical biology and maybe chemistry - not sure about the last one. How about you ?
Original post by Incorrect.
Where's the Trinity thread?

Here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1852545

Economics right?

Reply 193
any other physnatsci at caius out theree???
Reply 194
Original post by Incorrect.
Cambridge is one of the cheapest Unis to attend!

In what sense? Good news though!:smile:
Reply 195
Any more kings HSPS?
Reply 196
Original post by n.confused
Whoa, those are really tough insurances. May I am what subject have you applied for? Sorry if you've posted than on here!

Mathematics, where the Cambridge offer is typically between A*AA and A*A*A with two grade 1s in STEP II/III. Technically the Warwick offer has some STEP/AEA conditions too, but an effort last year exempts me.
Reply 197
Its so easy to meet the grade conditions and fail the STEP, ive seen it happen and its heartbreaking for those involved.

My offer i guess is pretty easy by Cambridge standards, being 'just' A*AA
Reply 198
Did anyone else have a moment this morning when they woke up and just smiled and thought 'heh, i have an offer from Cambridge :biggrin:'
Reply 199
Did anyone else get an offer of A*A*A*? I think I somewhat expected a high offer (if any at all) considering how terribly the second half of my interview went.

Latest

Trending

Trending