The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Minerva
Nope, they turned me down (fools :tongue:) many moons ago.

That is a sincere loss for them, friend. :wink:
Reply 441
Original post by tom95
If we are called, who will actually make the call? I thought all the colleges' admissions team do not work over the weekend.
Usually it's been the admissions tutors themselves who make any calls.

Original post by josephtsui
All the decision have been made but some colleges only start to contact the applicants a few days later?
Yup - though to be fair, final decisions weren't made until yesterday and the CAO does have to collate them all and cross-check - which is what they are no doubt doing as we 'speak'.

For obvious reasons, priority is given to contacting people being recalled for interview. Otherwise, some colleges/subjects are really good and motor through their lists, others seem to take a much more relaxed approach and have no idea (or, if they do, completely ignore the fact) of the stress being in the Pool can generate for the fishes. That's perhaps why the timetable seems to be rather.... er... undemanding. Although, to be fair, some colleges do take far more people through the Pool than others. What really sticks in my craw is the colleges who can't be bothered to send out emails quickly and keep people hanging around for days in limbo.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 442
Original post by Minerva
Yes you can get feedback, though I don't know how specific it will be. It may have changed, but the system used to be that the feedback was sent to the referee, at least for people applying through schools/colleges. Were you asked on your SAQ if you wanted feedback? If you were and said you did, they will follow that up in due course if you are unsuccessful. If not, you could email them in a couple of weeks if the need arises.

see above :smile:

ah okay thanks :smile: no they didn't ask in the saq, so i guess it'll be down to me to find out

Original post by Minerva

Yup - though to be fair, final decisions weren't made until yesterday and the CAO does have to collate them all and cross-check - which is what they are no doubt doing as we 'speak'.

sorry, do you mean that the offers and interviews for the pooled applicants has already been made? but colleges must wait until 3 o' clock until they can contact people?
(edited 11 years ago)
Are there any other English applicants trying to keep afloat out there?
[video="youtube;CmyUkm2qlhA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmyUkm2qlhA[/video]
Reply 445
Original post by TPJY
sorry, do you mean that the offers and interviews for the pooled applicants has already been made? but colleges must wait until 3 o' clock until they can contact people?

Yep! The last session of the Pool finished at around 4 or 5pm yesterday, now, it's just a case of getting lists, organising them and submitting them to be checked before people can be contacted - the deadline for this is 3pm today - after that it's open season haha.
Reply 446
Pooled by tritiny hall for MML, AS average was 92.5% so i dunno if it was automatic or not :L
Reply 447
Original post by TPJY
ah okay thanks :smile: no they didn't ask in the saq, so i guess it'll be down to me to find out
It's also possible that they'll explain how to get feedback in their rejection letters. I'd wait and see.

Yes, because the CAO is doing the checking and collating the lists for individual colleges.

There will be a small number of people who are in the running for a direct offer (ie one without having attend for further interview) but who won't hear anything for some time yet.

The files for unsuccessful poolees - ie who have not have been fished at all - will go back to their original colleges on 9 January, but judging by previous years colleges can work out well before then who they need to send rejection letters/emails to.
Reply 448
Original post by honggau
How did they contact you?

They e-mailed me
Reply 449
Original post by Minerva
It's also possible that they'll explain how to get feedback in their rejection letters. I'd wait and see.

Yes, because the CAO is doing the checking and collating the lists for individual colleges.

There will be a small number of people who are in the running for a direct offer (ie one without having attend for further interview) but who won't hear anything for some time yet.

The files for unsuccessful poolees - ie who have not have been fished at all - will go back to their original colleges on 9 January, but judging by previous years colleges can work out well before then who they need to send rejection letters/emails to.

ah okay :smile: thanks! i can't bear the wait, wish that they'd just send an automatic e-mail to those who haven't been fished at three o clock!
Original post by Minerva

What's the CAO? I've seen that dotted around the place but I can't remember what it means.
Original post by chickenonsteroids
What's the CAO? I've seen that dotted around the place but I can't remember what it means.

Cambridge Admissions Office
Original post by Matthew_Reece
Cambridge Admissions Office

That's a bit of an anti climax. Though I don't know what I was expecting really. Thanks :tongue:
I read somewhere that the majority of offers made in the pool are direct offers, is that true?
Not that I stand a chance but do they call land lines or mobiles?
Reply 455
I read somewhere that the majority of offers made in the pool are direct offers, is that true?

Yep, around 75% of them.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 456
just to summarise:
after 3 o clock today we could get emails if we have now been given offers?
also, does anyone know any stats for getting offers after being pooled?
Reply 457
Original post by coriander
just to summarise:

oops just seen the last post

about 1000 offers through the pool normally, with about 3/4 direct
Reply 459
Original post by chickenonsteroids
That's a bit of an anti climax. Though I don't know what I was expecting really. Thanks :tongue:
Nor do I.... :wink:

Yes.

Original post by Cloud Dancer
Not that I stand a chance but do they call land lines or mobiles?
If they call at all, it could be either.

Original post by coriander
just to summarise:
See the OP.

Latest

Trending

Trending