The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by Bombay Bicycles
Are there any other English applicants trying to keep afloat out there?

Me! I recognise your username, I'm sure we've applied to similar unis.. :tongue:. Just keep swimming!
Pooled by Robinson college for CompSci.
My UMS average is 94% and I thought one of my interviews was awful, does this mean I was auto pooled?
Does auto pooling give you a disadvantage ?
Anyway good luck to everyone, keep treading water! :smile:
Reply 462
Original post by pressureoverload
Pooled by Cauis for hsps..

What did they say in your letter? Was it because they had too many applicants? That's the reason Emma gave me for HSPS. xx
Reply 463
[Photo from the Guardian captioned "Academics considering applicants from the winter pool in Clough Hall, Newnham College."]

Just saying, in a situation like this, it looks remarkably easy to get missed... or is that just me?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by The exaggerater

Anyway good luck to everyone, keep treading water! :smile:

Pfffft.

I plan is to hold my breath and stay at the very bottom of the pool. Then the admissions tutors would be like 'omg why is there a chicken at the bottom of the pool?!' then they'll fish me out and realise that I'm actually an applicant. but now they've fished me out. Then they'll have to take me because my cunning nature and ability to think ... while afloat is fantastic.

Perfect plan :smug:
Reply 465
Original post by Minerva
He? He??? :angry:

The Pool is now finished - all decisions about who gets an immediate offer and who gets invited back for interview have been made. What we are now waiting for is the colleges to get the final lists (will happen by 3pm this afternoon) after which those people who have been fished will start to hear about it.

SHE, I'm sorry :biggrin:
Original post by Izzz
Just been pooled from Trinity Hall for MML, probably autopooled... But it's not straight rejection! :smile:

Hi, same here :frown:
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Pfffft.

I plan is to hold my breath and stay at the very bottom of the pool. Then the admissions tutors would be like 'omg why is there a chicken at the bottom of the pool?!' then they'll fish me out and realise that I'm actually an applicant. but now they've fished me out. Then they'll have to take me because my cunning nature and ability to think ... while afloat is fantastic.

Genius!
Reply 468
This is the worst kind of pool. No hot girls in bikinis whilst I try to hide my raging hard-on. Instead hoping to be fished out or flushed down the pipe. I hope the admissions tutors can catch me with their spears.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Pooled by Queens' College for History. Anyone else in the same boat?

My UMS is 89% but my second interview went quite well so fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by Minerva

Hi Minerva, could you possibly give me any sort of inclination as to what my chances are (I understand you can't say anything for definite!)

I'm a maths applicant (so no auto pool), pooled from St Johns, an I was wondering if the fact it's not autopool and that I've been pooled from a big college would work in my favour?

My UMS average is 92.6%, with 96.5% full maths a level...

Thanks!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Minerva
He? He??? :angry:

The Pool is now finished - all decisions about who gets an immediate offer and who gets invited back for interview have been made. What we are now waiting for is the colleges to get the final lists (will happen by 3pm this afternoon) after which those people who have been fished will start to hear about it.

Have we seen any evidence to the contrary? :wink: You could be an eighty year old man in disguise :ninja: :tongue:
Original post by Sarr
Me! I recognise your username, I'm sure we've applied to similar unis.. :tongue:. Just keep swimming!

We probably have, most of us seem to be going for the same places :biggrin:
Yep although in my case it's more like floundering!
Pooled by Selwyn for Anglais.
Reply 474
OK folks, first status report now up. Keep smiling/swimming (or playing possum at the bottom of the pool if you must :tongue:).

Would love to send you all some of this (it's my favourite :smile:)

For the Poolees.png

I have to confess that this is not 'my' joke - it was posted in the Pool thread from a few years back, but it still seems appropriate :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by The Polymath
Have we seen any evidence to the contrary? :wink: You could be an eighty year old man in disguise :ninja: :tongue:

It's in one of the Cambridge .pdf's for Admissions Tutors about the Pool.
Original post by Hebbamundo
It's in one of the Cambridge .pdf's for Admissions Tutors about the Pool.

You what? Cambridge wrote about Minerva being a woman?
Reply 477
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
Hi Minerva, could you possibly give me any sort of inclination as to what my chances are (I understand you can't say anything for definite!)

I'm a maths applicant (so no auto pool), pooled from St Johns, an I was wondering if the fact it's not autopool and that I've been pooled from a big college would work in my favour?

My UMS average is 92.6%, with 96.5% full maths a level...

Thanks!
I wish I could, but I can't. The nearest is I can get to it is to say that 20% of the offers made for Maths last year were made to poolees - but there's nothing to tell me how many poolees there were.

Original post by The Polymath
Dang! He spotted me...
Reply 478
Original post by _Georgie
For all maths applicants in the pool: Last year, 18/28 colleges made offers for maths through the pool, giving a total of 99 offers.
That's 1/5 of everyone that gets a maths offer, so keep positive :smile:

It's a shame you can't see how many were pooled though :/

Why did I get negged for this?
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Pfffft.

LOL. I hope you get out Chicken :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending