The Student Room Group

What should I do?--still nothing received

deleted
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Whilst I haven't applied to Cambridge myself i would still say that maybe you should just try to be patient. It's not like they would make a decision and not tell you. I haven't heard back anything from one of my choices yet. It sucks :frown:
Reply 2
thank you:smile:
but anyone know when will be the, sort of 'deadline', for the colleges to send applicants their offers?
Original post by benwong95177
thank you:smile:
but anyone know when will be the, sort of 'deadline', for the colleges to send applicants their offers?

UCAS website says 31st March 2013 is the date by which universities should aim to give you your decision if you have applied by the 15th January. It also says that (again, assuming you've applied by the 15th January), universities must have given you their decision by the 9th May 2013.

EDIT: Why the neg?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Charlotte49
Probably because the generic information you provided, whilst technically correct, doesn't really answer the more specific Cambridge-specific question in this thread.
Original post by fluteflute
Probably because the generic information you provided, whilst technically correct, doesn't really answer the more specific Cambridge-specific question in this thread.

Yes, but those are the only imposed deadlines which must be adhered to. Within that it's completely up to the college when they want to reply, and depends completely on their volume of applicants and interview scheduling - which no one other than the college itself can answer.
Reply 6
UCAS website says 31st March 2013 is the date by which universities should aim to give you your decision if you have applied by the 15th January. It also says that (again, assuming you've applied by the 15th January), universities must have given you their decision by the 9th May 2013.

Probably because you refer to decisions for non-oxbridge universities, but the questioner wanted to know about some sort of inner Cambridge agreement about offers being sent out before e.g. the winter pool is closed...

I presume we should all hear from them during the next week or until 15th January, something like that.
Reply 7
hi everyone,
i know this is an exciting (or frustrating) moment to all of you!!
I applied for PBS course in Magdalene
yet i still haven't received any notice from them, neither email or letter
(well, i am from Hong Kong but I don't think the location really matter)
What should I do now? should I write an email to them to request an email or something?
If you are in Hong Kong it's reasonable to email your college and ask for a pdf of your decision letter. You might not get an answer until Monday but that at least will be quicker than waiting for the snail mail.
hi everyone,
I applied for PBS course in Magdalene
yet i still haven't received any notice from them, neither email or letter
(well, i am from Hong Kong but I don't think the location really matter)
What should I do now? should I write an email to them to request an email or something?

Hello, fellow Hong Konger! Believe it or not, I am in the exact same position as you are: applied for PBS at Magdalene and haven't heard anything yet. I emailed the admissions office yesterday to request an email but haven't received a reply. Not surprised because the office is probably closed over the weekend.

Don't worry too much, we should receive the letter sometime next week from what I've gathered. 3rd January was the university-wide posting date for all decisions. As for the email, I'll let you know if I hear anything!

Best of luck to you :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by madeleinewong
Hello, fellow Hong Konger! Believe it or not, I am in the exact same position as you are: applied for PBS at Magdalene and haven't heard anything yet. I emailed the admissions office yesterday to request an email but haven't received a reply. Not surprised because the office is probably closed over the weekend.

Don't worry too much, we should receive the letter sometime next week from what I've gathered. 3rd January was the university-wide posting date for all decisions. As for the email, I'll let you know if I hear anything!

Sigh... I am from Hong Kong too, an applicant to Caius medicine. I still have not got any notification about my status. But I guess they are sending the letter by post and the earliest time of delivery is likely to be late next week. Best of luck to you anyway.
Reply 10
Original post by water0210
Sigh... I am from Hong Kong too, an applicant to Caius medicine. I still have not got any notification about my status. But I guess they are sending the letter by post and the earliest time of delivery is likely to be late next week. Best of luck to you anyway.

Don't you think Caius will send emails to the remaining international applicants on monday?

At least I hope so! :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by Pandin
Don't you think Caius will send emails to the remaining international applicants on monday?

At least I hope so! :wink:

There is a chance as many international applicants have sent a request to get an email for the copy of the letter. But the chance is low. You can request Caius to send you an email if you wish. However, they will only send you the email on or after Monday. You can check their Facebook page to see the posts by visitors to get an idea of it.

i just negged because everyone else did :smile:

see you in hell; Klaus.
Reply 13
Original post by madeleinewong

unbelievable coincidence, got to know you if both of us get in:smile:

Original post by water0210

good luck to you!
and i thought they send emails to all international students once decision is made ?
Reply 14

good luck to you!
and i thought they send emails to all international students once decision is made ?

They might just update the UCAS once all the pool stuff is settled. Then the UCAS will send you an email.

Two Wongs don't make a right.
hi everyone,
I applied for PBS course at Magdalene
yet i still haven't received any notice from them, neither email nor letter
(well, i am from Hong Kong but I don't think the location really matters)

We're in the same boat. I'm international too so I'm still waiting around for my letter; alternatively I've been considering emailing my college and asking them to forward me my decision letter.

I'm not too sure, though. I think I'd rather have Schrodinger's cat still sitting in his box than opening it to find he's long since kicked the bucket.
Reply 17
Hi Hong Kongers I'm applying for PBS at Magdalene too, but from Singapore and haven't heard a thing either...
Hi guys!! I got my offer via email from Magdalene a few hours ago! :smile: If you haven't already done so, send a request for them to forward the decision letter by email asap. Just make sure to mention that you are an international student and they'll definitely get back to you! Good luck!
Hi guys,

I am from Estonia, applying to Magdalene in HSPS and I have yet to receive be offer as well, the same goes for my Lithuanian, Bulgarian and Romanian friends, do you think we should still wait, as we are from the EU or should we also mail them if we will not receive our letter with tomorrows postman?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending