The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by johnttam
Did anyone else have a moment this morning when they woke up and just smiled and thought 'heh, i have an offer from Cambridge :biggrin:'

That attitude is preventing me revising properly :tongue: (As well as the fact that psychology revision is dull as ditchwater).
Reply 201
Original post by Caitlin_dj
I was there on the 3rd and 4th :smile: in the upstairs JCR most of the afternoon on the 4th if I saw you :smile: I know the Trinity College thread is kinda crap nobody is on it :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

hmm i might have saw you but probably not cause i was at the common room 7ish in the evening. yeah not many from trinity are on TSR :frown:
Reply 202
Original post by PythianLegume
That attitude is preventing me revising properly :tongue: (As well as the fact that psychology revision is dull as ditchwater).

Yeah i go back on monday, and havent done any revision for any of my four exams yet :/ just sat here with a chemistry book out thinking i only need a B this year to get the A!
Reply 203
Any TH offer holders around? :biggrin:
Reply 204
Original post by Oboe1994
Anyone for King's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geography at King's! (: What about you?
Original post by karima95
hmm i might have saw you but probably not cause i was at the common room 7ish in the evening. yeah not many from trinity are on TSR :frown:

No I was away back home by then :frown: what did you think of the college?
Reply 206
Its so easy to meet the grade conditions and fail the STEP, ive seen it happen and its heartbreaking for those involved.

My offer i guess is pretty easy by Cambridge standards, being 'just' A*AA

I saw it happen to so many people in my sixth form last year, and it really is horrible to get so close yet miss out. Seeing their plight has motivated me though, so I'm going to work uber-hard to meet the offer.
Reply 207
Original post by Caitlin_dj
No I was away back home by then :frown: what did you think of the college?

ohh i thought it was lovely. really beautiful, especially the great court. and so big. and the people there seemed really nice too
Reply 208
Our 6th form had 9 oxbridge applicants, 4 oxford applicants all straight rejected, 5 cambridge, 2 straight rejected, 1 after interview, 1 pooled and then i got an offer. Is this par or low with regards to acceptance
Our 6th form had 9 oxbridge applicants, 4 oxford applicants all straight rejected, 5 cambridge, 2 straight rejected, 1 after interview, 1 pooled and then i got an offer. Is this par or low with regards to acceptance
Overall success rates are about 20%, so you may be every so slightly below par, but in a major way.
Reply 210
Original post by fluteflute
Overall success rates are about 20%, so you may be every so slightly below par, but in a major way.

to be fair given that people applied on the off chance with grades of BBDD and CDDE its not surprising...
Original post by und
Mathematics, where the Cambridge offer is typically between A*AA and A*A*A with two grade 1s in STEP II/III. Technically the Warwick offer has some STEP/AEA conditions too, but an effort last year exempts me.

Did you ask them if you could use last year's STEP/AEA results to fulfill the offer?
any caius econ offer holders here?
Original post by gemhol
Newnham here too! For English :smile: Still cannot believe it. Have you/ when are you going to email the admissions tutor?

Hi there. :biggrin: Congrats on the offer! I'd like to wait for the letter before I email them (I've only got an email about the decision so far), but I guess I'll do it sometime next week. They must be busy with the pool at the moment. Have you emailed already? :smile:
Reply 214
Original post by Mastermind2
Did you ask them if you could use last year's STEP/AEA results to fulfill the offer?

Someone else in the same situation asked, and they were told that it was perfectly fine.
Reply 215
lots of people seem to have been accpeted to caius :biggrin:
Reply 216
Congratulations everyone! It's an odd feeling, Economics at Caius, A*AA....

Original post by koolkid1011
any caius econ offer holders here?

Yes....
Reply 217
Well done to everyone here, I've been pooled, but worth congratulating you anyway.

Enjoy the last few days of the holidays and relax.
Original post by tryingtolearn94
Anyone for corpus? :smile:

And any law people?

Yeah! I'm Corpus, Medicine! A*AA!
Original post by karima95
ohh i thought it was lovely. really beautiful, especially the great court. and so big. and the people there seemed really nice too

Me too I was wondering round looking at all the buildings with this face on :eek:
:eek:
:eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending