The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Any people in the pool waiting for history? Scared!
Original post by Etoile
Phone call from Gonville & Caius, no interview! :biggrin:

Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by Sarr
Moi aussi! Hi!

Well done on getting to swim. But oh, it's stressful isn't it? I don't think I can hack another waiting game!
Reply 523
Original post by theminimg
Any people in the pool waiting for history? Scared!

Me! Scared, but I have an offer from Durham, so I'm happy either way :smile:. GOOD LUCK!!
Reply 524
Anyone else think that this whole process is a complete joke?
Original post by Axion

The process that gives you a second chance, that equals out initial competitiveness between colleges to try give one of the fairest methods of entry?

No, not really. Good luck!
Reply 526
Original post by lieseldante
Well done on getting to swim. But oh, it's stressful isn't it? I don't think I can hack another waiting game!

Crazy, I jump every time the phone rings! Good luck clamouring out of the pool though, we both deserve this :biggrin:
Reply 527
Original post by Oromis263
The process that gives you a second chance, that equals out initial competitiveness between colleges to try give one of the fairest methods of entry?

and the same process that leaves many students (not me) very worried about whether they are going to get a place and waiting for a phone call.

and then when that doesn't materialise (for the majority), drops them in a pit of despair?
Reply 528
When people are putting their UMS, is that just in the subject they want to study or the three most relevant thingymabob?

if I had an offer I would say the same as you! :tongue:
Original post by Axion
and the same process that leaves many students (not me) very worried about whether they are going to get a place and waiting for a phone call.

and then when that doesn't materialise (for the majority), drops them in a pit of despair?

I can see where you're coming from about giving people a second burst of (false) hope, but I believe it is much better than outright rejection. I can't compare, but I have been rejected, so I know how that felt, and how I would have much preferred to have been pooled.
Original post by mr.fishy
Pooled by Fitzwilliam for Maths. I never really even considered getting pooled! Can't help but feel a tad gutted:frown: also expected this whole thing to be over by now......

I was pooled by Fitz too, but for PBS. There doesn't seem to be that many from Fitz, (you're the first I've found!) which could be a good sign. Keep positive, we are the select few Fitz poolers :wink:

Besides, with a name like Mr.Fishy it's probably a precursor of you being fished haha :biggrin:
Reply 532
I can see where you're coming from about giving people a second burst of (false) hope, but I believe it is much better than outright rejection. I can't compare, but I have been rejected, so I know how that felt, and how I would have much preferred to have been pooled.

I don't see why they couldn't do the pool bit before they send out decisions rather than just after they send them out and that way only the small minority who have second interviews would ever be left in limbo.
Reply 533
Original post by mucgoo
I don't see why they couldn't do the pool bit before they send out decisions rather than just after they send them out and that way only the small minority who have second interviews would ever be left in limbo.

My sentiments exactly.
Reply 534
Original post by Axion
I do have my criticisms of it, yes, but the principle is right. You wouldn't want really good applicants to miss out because they happened to apply to a college with lots of really good applicants that year.
Original post by amyandbeyond
I was pooled by Fitz too, but for PBS. There doesn't seem to be that many from Fitz, (you're the first I've found!) which could be a good sign. Keep positive, we are the select few Fitz poolers :wink:

Besides, with a name like Mr.Fishy it's probably a precursor of you being fished haha :biggrin:

You're the first person I've seen that's been pooled for PBS. Hi! :smile:
Original post by jh.
Congrats! One MML-er free, this makes me nervous..

Same here :frown: And they don't put predicted grades :O
Reply 537
Original post by JKA17
Me! Scared, but I have an offer from Durham, so I'm happy either way :smile:. GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks! When did you get your Durham offer? I'm still waiting to hear from them, they sent me a Merry Christmas email and just confirmed my fee status thing...
Reply 538
Original post by Axion

There is a horrible feeling that makes me think that in Cambridge there are some very intelligent middle aged academics who like to make teenagers cry and sit very close to the phone or letterbox.
Reply 539
Pooled by Sidney Sussex for Chemical engineering!

Latest

Trending

Trending