The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 561
Original post by grammar12
Im sure it will if my sister answers the phone. She didn't sleep, so I didn't sleep. So now I'm sitting by the phone whilst she naps on the sofa. The devoted brother that I am. :biggrin:

ahah that's so cute! are you both applicants?
Reply 562
Original post by MA77
I've just been pooled by St John's for BioNatSci :/

I was surprised, though, as I'm a deferred entry application and as TSR say "At this stage the issue is capacity in terms of places available, not capability of the applicants." - do deferred candidates still fit the pooling criteria? I mean if the issue's capacity then 2014 entry shouldn't be too competitive...
Yes they do. And it will be competitive because they will be benchmarking you against the anticipated standard for 2014. And, before you ask, deferred entry applicants who are pooled do still get offers!
Original post by TPJY
ahah that's so cute! are you both applicants?

No, but i hope to in a years time! :biggrin:
Reply 564
3pm is slowly approaching us...
Just over an hour to go folks...until, most likely, more agonising waiting.
Original post by JKA17

I'm trying my hardest not to pin my hopes on getting a call as soon as the clock strikes 3pm :lol:
Original post by JKA17

I hope they start making phone soon. I'd rather have information than having to wait a couple more days. It's messing with my concentration :tongue:
Reply 568
Original post by grammar12
No, but i hope to in a years time! :biggrin:

oh right ahah okay :smile: what is she applying for? and what do you hope to apply for? 3pm onwards is gunna be so tense, i swear to god if the phonee rings then my heart will stop (we rarely get people calling our landlines)
Reply 569
revising is so hard when you check your email, phone, time and this thread every 2 minutes...
why is 3PM significant today?
Reply 571
Original post by Kidioteque
I'm trying my hardest not to pin my hopes on getting a call as soon as the clock strikes 3pm :lol:

Original post by chickenonsteroids
I hope they start making phone soon. I'd rather have information than having to wait a couple more days. It's messing with my concentration :tongue:

I'm not in any way expecting a call, I am however expecting this thread to go slightly insane!
I agree I just want to know, I'm meant to be writing a 5,000 word essay, and I've been on 600 words for a rather long time now...

GOOD LUCK AGAIN EVERYONE :smile:
Reply 572
Original post by economist17
Just over an hour to go folks...until, most likely, more agonising waiting.

Original post by chickenonsteroids

Original post by TPJY
oh right ahah okay :smile: what is she applying for? and what do you hope to apply for? 3pm onwards is gunna be so tense, i swear to god if the phonee rings then my heart will stop (we rarely get people calling our landlines)

I know it's hard but try and be kind to yourselves and not get too hooked on the idea of a 3pm watershed.

I've got to out for a bit but I will be back later.

Keep Calm and Stay Afloat :smile:
Original post by JKA17
I'm not in any way expecting a call, I am however expecting this thread to go slightly insane!
I agree I just want to know, I'm meant to be writing a 5,000 word essay, and I've been on 600 words for a rather long time now...

GOOD LUCK AGAIN EVERYONE :smile:

Yeah, I'm definitely not expecting a call (I'm rather resigned to rejection now), just desperately hoping for one :smile:
Original post by Silverland

It's when the lists of pool interviews/offers are finalised and sent around. I believe that it's only then that they're supposed to begin contacting the students in question
When the phone rang :eek:
When I realised it was a cold call :angry:
Original post by Silverland

Admissions type people can start making phone calls to people they want to make offers to.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 577
Original post by amyandbeyond
I was pooled by Fitz too, but for PBS. There doesn't seem to be that many from Fitz, (you're the first I've found!) which could be a good sign. Keep positive, we are the select few Fitz poolers :wink:

Besides, with a name like Mr.Fishy it's probably a precursor of you being fished haha :biggrin:

Haha that didn't occur to me! Should have seen this whole thing coming!
Original post by TPJY

She is applying for Psychology and behavioural sciences. I hope to apply for Architecture but i come from a Grammar school whereas she comes from a comprehensive with poor GCSE results which is a flag in her file! So i think i stand less chance getting in :s-smilie: The phone rang about an hour ago and i was getting a drink... I dont think I've ever moved so quickly in my life! :tongue:
Yeah, I'm definitely not expecting a call (I'm rather resigned to rejection now), just desperately hoping for one :smile:

I'm exactly the same. To be quite honest i think this last pooling business is all very much chance now!

Latest

Trending

Trending