The Student Room Group

Do I have enought time to revise everything!!!!!!!!

I have from now till probably 2014 January to
Revise for all my gcses I'm stressed but I have all the notes ready and the teachers say they are all I need I had to check add I downloaded them off a website do I have enough time to revise everything geography,maths,Spanish,history,re,Engli… sciences are aqa as is geography and English but history is ocr . Do I have enough time to learn everything as I have it all in note form already and my year started learning for gcses in early 2012. Should I be stressing also. I'm trying to write a book in my free time but when I sit down I start thinking about gcses and it wastes my revision and free time
Reply 1
Original post by zk47
Revise for all my gcses I'm stressed but I have all the notes ready and the teachers say they are all I need I had to check add I downloaded them off a website do I have enough time to revise everything geography,maths,Spanish,history,re,Engli… sciences are aqa as is geography and English but history is ocr . Do I have enough time to learn everything as I have it all in note form already and my year started learning for gcses in early 2012. Should I be stressing also. I'm trying to write a book in my free time but when I sit down I start thinking about gcses and it wastes my revision and free time

Most people probably haven't even started worrying about these exams yet! :tongue: So there really is no need to stress at all, you certainly do have enough time to revise everything. :yep:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
Most people probably haven't even started worrying about these exams yet! :tongue: So there really is no need to stress at all, you certainly do have enough time to revise everything. :yep:

so which month should I start revising and in which year a I have all the notes already?
Reply 3
Make sure you're revising constantly throughout the year instead of cramming at the end.
Reply 4
What the post above me says. You find that at exam time you really don't need to revise and you can be.more relaxed with your revision whilst your friends poop their pants

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Gcse's? Revising a year before? don't make me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by zk47

I hope you won't write like that in your English exam. :wink:

You'll be fine; the fact that you are so concerned at such an early stage shows that you have the determination to succeed, which is half of what's required really. :grouphugs:
Reply 7
Start seriously revising sometime during the summer holidays (probs around August) and do constant, but short revision sessions throughout the remainder of the year. I sat my GCSE's in June 2007, and I only really started proper revision in December 2006/ January 2007, after we had covered pretty much the entire syllabus.
Trust me, you have plenty of time. I'm in year 11 and I started revising for my exams this month on the 2nd of January and generally, I'm an A*-B grade student. I haven't even started revising for my June exams, although I probably will start earlier since these exams are shocking me a little bit at how under-prepared I am. You probably won't need to even begin to revise thoroughly until at least October! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Pabblethefish
Trust me, you have plenty of time. I'm in year 11 and I started revising for my exams this month on the 2nd of January and generally, I'm an A*-B grade student. I haven't even started revising for my June exams, although I probably will start earlier since these exams are shocking me a little bit at how under-prepared I am. You probably won't need to even begin to revise thoroughly until at least October! :smile:

I'd say the best time to do the bulk of one's revision would be during the Easter break for June exams - you should also get a fair amount of study leave, although I'm not aware how the system works nowadays. For us it was nearly 2 months off school to revise!
Reply 10
You have a year, don't stress. I have a minimum of 10 exams and up to an extra 4 (depending on if I need to resit my science exams for a better grade) between now and June and I've barely even revised. In a years time, you'll have forgotten lots.
Original post by Krish4791
I'd say the best time to do the bulk of one's revision would be during the Easter break for June exams - you should also get a fair amount of study leave, although I'm not aware how the system works nowadays. For us it was nearly 2 months off school to revise!

Yeah, I was thinking of that.. I'll have to see when Easter is this year. I officially leave on May 17th but my exams are really soon. The first is on May 16th and the last is somewhere around June 14th and I have around 12 in total (which shocked me, I was expecting around 20 despite only actually having 11 GCSE subjects)
Reply 12
Yeah, I was thinking of that.. I'll have to see when Easter is this year. I officially leave on May 17th but my exams are really soon. The first is on May 16th and the last is somewhere around June 14th and I have around 12 in total (which shocked me, I was expecting around 20 despite only actually having 11 GCSE subjects)

Yeah, that's slightly odd - May 17th seems a little late to start leave. For most schools Easter should be from end of March to about 17th April (around 3 weeks).
Revision also depends on how spread out your 12 exams are over that 1 month period. My brother did GCSEs last year, and he called one week near the end of May the "Week of Death" - because of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations, they pushed some of the June exams forward into May, and he ended up taking at least one exam a day from Monday through till Saturday, when he sat a 2hr 45 min Geography paper followed by 2hr 15 min English.
Original post by Krish4791
Yeah, that's slightly odd - May 17th seems a little late to start leave. For most schools Easter should be from end of March to about 17th April (around 3 weeks).
Revision also depends on how spread out your 12 exams are over that 1 month period. My brother did GCSEs last year, and he called one week near the end of May the "Week of Death" - because of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations, they pushed some of the June exams forward into May, and he ended up taking at least one exam a day from Monday through till Saturday, when he sat a 2hr 45 min Geography paper followed by 2hr 15 min English.

Ouch. Mine seems to be not bad, then terrible then not bad...

May 14th - Unit 3 Biology
May 17th (I HAVE TWO EXAMS ON MY LAST DAY - WUT) - Spanish reading and listening.

May 20th - Unit 3 Chemistry
May 23rd - English literature; Unit 3 Physics
May 24th - Business Communications

Then I have like a random week off....

June 4th - Geography
June 6th - ICT

June 11th - Geography
June 12th - Maths
June 14th - Maths

It's not too bad, I'm pretty sure I have another English Literature exam I've forgotten to write down though...
Reply 14
Ouch. Mine seems to be not bad, then terrible then not bad...

May 14th - Unit 3 Biology
May 17th (I HAVE TWO EXAMS ON MY LAST DAY - WUT) - Spanish reading and listening.

May 20th - Unit 3 Chemistry
May 23rd - English literature; Unit 3 Physics
May 24th - Business Communications

Then I have like a random week off....

June 4th - Geography
June 6th - ICT

June 11th - Geography
June 12th - Maths
June 14th - Maths

It's not too bad, I'm pretty sure I have another English Literature exam I've forgotten to write down though...

That's more than decent. They always give people a random week off, except for last year when it was two weeks because of poor scheduling.
I remember my first exam was on something like 10th May (we had leave from 5th May), and my last one was 15th June. Leave ended on 29th June, and we broke up I think the following day. It was a surprisingly relaxing period - when you're in it, it feels like you've got a lot of time on your hands.
I begun revision for most subjects about two months before my GCSEs; apart from Science (ran out of time, focused too much on other subjects) and spent 10 days, a week and one night on each science respectively.
why would you start revising 2 years early...Don't worry. You'll grow out of it in a few months time.

Quick Reply

Latest