The Student Room Group

does ignoring guys make them 'chase' more?

question's in the title really, it just seems a bit stupid because obviously being too available and needy is off putting, but ignoring just seems a bit rude?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nope makes them think 'well she isn't interested.'
Depends on the guy I suppose.

Personally, I hate it when girls do the whole hard to get thing, i'd rather they just be honest with how they feel.

:smile:
Reply 3
What's the context, do you want them to chase or to back off? Generally I find aloofness or dismissive behaviour Unattractive and will take the hint. Thats not to say that if a girl is very attractive you might not persist a little longer to see if she will melt. It can be quite interesting (and frustrating) to see an ice maiden loosen up when the right person comes along..
yes it does, when i've had guys interested in me and i haven't been into them, sometimes ignoring them is the worst possible thing to do because some of them don't seem to get the message; you'll keep getting texted/pop ups on fb/followed around on nights out if they see you/etc/etc, just tell them you're not interested and avoid all the hassle.

prob get negged but wotev
Original post by cid

This, if a girl ignores me I'll stop trying to get with her. Not worth wasting time if she isn't even responding
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
What's the context, do you want them to chase or to back off? Generally I find aloofness or dismissive behaviour Unattractive and will take the hint. Thats not to say that if a girl is very attractive you might not persist a little longer to see if she will melt. It can be quite interesting (and frustrating) to see an ice maiden loosen up when the right person comes along..

if you want them to chase. If I wanted them to back off I'd tell them.
Reply 7
Alpha - Yes
Beta - No
Original post by Elm Tree
Alpha - Yes
Beta - No

Other way round.. It's beta guys that are constantly pining after women who are acting like they don't want them. Alpha guys just make it work and if it doesn't, no tears shed, move on to something else.
Weirdly, the more I ignore people the more attracted they try and get my attention and text me and call me and try to organise meeting up, when they cant just take a hint

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
If I've known her for ages, it's not like I can just ignore her forever but if I never met her before then I won't even bother tbh.
Reply 11
Lol alpha, humans aren't pack animals, dogs are and dogs like bitches.

Personally i prefer women.
I ****ing hate anyone who does any of this "playing hard to get" or any of these "mindgames" and that bull****. So for me, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I think it's a common misconception that playing hard to get is attractive to either sex. Of course, someone who is desperate will be unattractive, because desperation isn't an attractive quality, but there's a huge difference between being desperate and being aloof and uninterested.
This has happened to me several times- if you act uninterested with a guy, he will most likely give up. If I'm not interested, it tends to show, and the guy moves on... why wouldn't he? And it's the same the other way round, if a guy doesn't seem interested in me, why would I pursue him? I definitely think being honest is the best policy with people you like, playing games is unlikely to lead to a healthy and enjoyable relationship!
Original post by cid

This, a lot of girls seem to think ignoring them is some magic trick to getting their guy but if there is one thing I would want to stress to girls everywhere is what the quoted just said.

Ignoring a guy makes him think you're not interest and he moves on.

You like a guy and want him? Flirt.
(edited 11 years ago)
Playing hard to get doesn't really wash with me. If you ignore me then I'll take that as a sign to move on, I can't be doing with games.

If you like him then get flirting.
Not really
Personally I get bored and move on quite quickly :biggrin:
How often you make contact is not the only variable - there's also what's being said in that contact. For example, if a girl were to message very sparsely but was to be incredibly in-depth and clearly enjoying the communication that would lead to confusion.
Reply 18
Original post by LegWeak
if you want them to chase. If I wanted them to back off I'd tell them.

High risk strategy then unless you are a complete babe...
I have contempt for females who play games and typically don't appreciate girls who don't speak their mind. Playing "hard to get" displays two attributes that I do not find attractive. Being hard to get is very different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending