The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA for English Lit or Uni of Bristol?

HELP!
i have got conditional offers from Uni of Bristol and UEA to study English Literature.
i LOVE UEA'S course and was generally pleased with the campus and the area.
But, Bristol is a fantastic University as well. but i have not had the chance to see it. Though i like how close it is to the city.
what is everyones thoughts and experiences with these uni's and their english lit courses?
Reply 1
Original post by camus1234
HELP!
i have got conditional offers from Uni of Bristol and UEA to study English Literature.
i LOVE UEA'S course and was generally pleased with the campus and the area.
But, Bristol is a fantastic University as well. but i have not had the chance to see it. Though i like how close it is to the city.
what is everyones thoughts and experiences with these uni's and their english lit courses?

try and see bristol if you can as it will help and consider the course. and also look at things like accomodation and uni facilities. if you prefer uea choose it though, dont be put off by rankings because at the end of the day rankings dont make you happy for 3 years.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Bristol if you want to study in an amazing, happening place, with something to do all the time. UEA if you want a quieter University experience. Not much between the Unis in terms of reputation, so if you like the area and prefer the course at UEA, go there?
Reply 3
Original post by 19eightynine
Bristol if you want to study in an amazing, happening place, with something to do all the time. UEA if you want a quieter University experience. Not much between the Unis in terms of reputation, so if you like the area and prefer the course at UEA, go there?

Despite peoples perceptions UEA isn't quiet and there is lots going on all the time both on campus and in the city
Reply 4
I have offers from both of these for Law.

I would say to choose Bristol definitely. It is such a nice university, in a great area with fantastic facilities. Although UEA was great, I found Bristol in a different league to it. Bristol is also seen as more 'prestigious' without question, with a better reputation. Go to the post offer open days.. then choose Bristol :wink:
Reply 5
Bristol > UEA by a lot in terms of reputation.
Original post by jelly1000
Despite peoples perceptions UEA isn't quiet and there is lots going on all the time both on campus and in the city

I didn't say it was quiet at UEA, but it *is* quieter there than it is in Bristol.
The University of Bristol is a fantastic university with a really good reputation. I personally would choose this one.
However, UEA is a decent uni too and if you think this one appeals to you more then you might be unwise to not accept it, as it is really important that you are going to enjoy your course and university experience.
Reply 8
Original post by Nitrogen
Bristol > UEA by a lot in terms of reputation.

at the end of the day though uni reputaion doesnt mean a person will be happy there for 3 years
Reply 9
Original post by jelly1000
at the end of the day though uni reputaion doesnt mean a person will be happy there for 3 years

Yh obviously I agree, but I don't see why you wouldn't be happy at Bristol :P
Original post by Nitrogen
Yh obviously I agree, but I don't see why you wouldn't be happy at Bristol :P

course, distance from home, accomodation, other facillities e.g. sports e.c.t

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending