The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by nkspence1
I GOT FISHED!!!! YAYAAYAYAYAYAYA Robinson are going to make me an offer for medicine. they said i'll get my letter next week but that i might want to know before then :smile: Have faith everyone :smile: It could be you next :biggrin: xxx

Well done! That's amazing! I have also applied for medicine but I'm still waiting to be fished :smile:
Original post by nkspence1
I GOT FISHED!!!! YAYAAYAYAYAYAYA Robinson are going to make me an offer for medicine. they said i'll get my letter next week but that i might want to know before then :smile: Have faith everyone :smile: It could be you next :biggrin: xxx

WELL DONEE......although does make me feel slightly more jealous/depressed :wink: still AWESSSSOOOMMMMMEEE!!! xxxxx
Reply 782
Original post by \/ibhav
Prof Ben Green and Dr James Newton on 5th Dec. What did you do in your interview though?

we basically went over the questions i did in the test, nothing but that what about you ?
HAVE MEEE ROBINSON

i love red bricks <3
:reel: :reel: :reel: :reel: :reel: :reel:
Original post by amyandbeyond
Hi! I've seen you floating around some of the cambridge threads before :smile: Hopefully we're the only ones pooled for pbs so we have a good chance of getting fished :wink: (I wish! :rolleyes:)

Aha, yeah that is a pretty apt word to describe what I'm currently doing now. But yes hopefully we will be fished, even though there are slightly more of us PBS applicants on this thread than first anticipated. :tongue: There must be at least 10 spaces remaining!
Newnham just rang and gave me an offer for English! :smile:
Reply 787
Original post by weronika_
Well done! That's amazing! I have also applied for medicine but I'm still waiting to be fished :smile:

Me too, last year 50 people were fished for Medicine so we're in with a chance .
Reply 788
Original post by JKA17
HISTORIANS AMONGST US:

Am I to assume, through either ridiculous oversubscription and people already being notified, we can rule out the following colleges:

Clare, Corpus Christi, King's, St Catherine's and maybe Gonville & Caius?

Most Gonville and Caius applicants haven't heard anything yet including my friend whose a history applicant. Not sure how competitive it is there though.

Edit: Turns out there are 48 History applicants this year at Caius which does make it one of the most popular choices.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 789
Original post by theminimg
do you know when they stop making calls today? Now is a bit late anyway

No idea, but someone said last year they really got going at more like five
Reply 790
Original post by JKA17

yeah I saw that too, but do people really want to start doing that at 5pm on a Saturday? Seriously???
Reply 791
Original post by WJRA
Most Gonville and Caius applicants haven't heard anything yet including my friend whose a history applicant. Not sure how competitive it is there though.

Gonville & Caius had 48 applicants for history :smile:

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/
Reply 792
Original post by Bord3r
Me too, last year 50 people were fished for Medicine so we're in with a chance .

Just out of interest, where did you get that stat?
Reply 793
Original post by theminimg
yeah I saw that too, but do people really want to start doing that at 5pm on a Saturday? Seriously???

Let's please say they do, or how will any of us sleep?
This is more bearable for other people. People who are hoping to take PBS dont have any other years to compare to! we have no idea how many people are accepted into the course and how many get fished. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 795
Original post by JKA17

For history or generally?
Reply 796
Original post by Atropos
that's what i meant if magic existed and we knew about it, it would automatically become logical, give me an example of maths that would be destroyed if magic existed (I can see where this conversation is going ;DD)

But as I say, magic is by definition illogical. Magic is basically the art of doing something completely impossible to explain logically. Therefore, it's presence would cause there to be contradictions, which ruins Maths as a whole; Maths is only valid as long there can be no contradictions. Have you read Godel Escher Bach? If not, I'd recommend it, it's very interesting and would explain this to you.
Original post by ellie_rose41

GRATZ!! SO jealous :wink: what did they say on the phone?
Reply 798
Original post by T_x
For history or generally?

I think that was generally. I haven't heard anyone fished for history today, only yesterday.
Reply 799
Original post by ellie_rose41

Congratulations, that's fantastic news :smile:

Latest