The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by \/ibhav
So you didn't get asked about personal statement or anything general right? I didn't and that's all I was wondering. But did you not answer any more questions during the interview; questions which you hadn't answered in the test?

i've done 4 questions, one of them was partially wrong so "we" fixed the mistakes and on the other question that i've done they were expanding the question further and further. that was it :biggrin:
Reply 841
I work on a meat and fish counter. Good omen, bad omen?
Reply 842
Hi. I'm a dad doing the worrying for my son who's sensibly (I think!) committed himself to a sport tournament and is out of contact this weekend. He was pooled from his preference college and we just took a call on his behalf inviting him for an interview at another college. I can't work out the answer to two questions from what I've read: (1) now that he has an interview at another college, could another non-preference college still fish him with an interview or straight offer? (2) could his preference college still make him an offer or, I guess, call him for another interview?

If anyone has the definitive answer to these, that would be great.

Life goes on whatever individual outcomes you each have but GOOD LUCK to all of you nevertheless!
Reply 843
Original post by theminimg
sorry for being ignorant in the land of acronyms.. what is PM?
PostMan?
Plaintive Missy?
Pleading Madwoman?

Pleading Madwoman. Every time.
Original post by Allahu Akbar
Same! I feel really greatful for another opportunity but jeez, another bloody interview! I am so nervous already. What course and which college did you apply to?

I know! I was on edge when my mum said the phone is for you but when I was told I have another interview I stopped breathing!

I applied for Nat sci at downing originally, you? Also when is you interview? Mines on Saturday!! Eeeeeeeekk!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Losing faiiiiiiiiiith
Original post by oldie1
Hi. I'm a dad doing the worrying for my son who's sensibly (I think!) committed himself to a sport tournament and is out of contact this weekend. He was pooled from his preference college and we just took a call on his behalf inviting him for an interview at another college. I can't work out the answer to two questions from what I've read: (1) now that he has an interview at another college, could another non-preference college still fish him with an interview or straight offer? (2) could his preference college still make him an offer or, I guess, call him for another interview?

Life goes on whatever individual outcomes you each have but GOOD LUCK to all of you nevertheless!

I think the answers to this are in the 1st post of this thread. A very Helpful FAQ :smile:

Might I ask which college and subject this was for please? The rest of us need hope~
Original post by Jell-O
It's late but we international applicants haven't even got the decision letters/emails. :frown: at least that applies to most of my friends. (only 1 or 2 received the decisions)

Which college did you apply to? I'm an international applicant too. got pooled from kings. Best of luck!
Original post by oldie1

No to both, if you look at the first post on this thread I think it explains it better than me, good luck to him though!
Reply 849
Okay, not to panic if you haven't been called, they said on the document that they would prioritise calling re-interviewees. And considering that 75% of pool offers are sans interview I don't think there's any reason to panic just yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 850
Original post by oldie1

No for both, I think it's on the first page of this thread, or might have been mentioned somewhere in the middle.
Reply 851
this is so disappointing...
Reply 852
Original post by oldie1

The answer is no to both questions. Once a college fishes you, no one else will contact you.
Reply 853
I don't think I've ever stared at my phone so intently and willingly before, ever. This is going to be a long weekend...
Original post by Silverland
no, but I've heard today that most, but not all, lobsters are left-handed (that is, their left claw is larger than their right claw)

My preference competition would be no-one so that I'd be guaranteed a place :biggrin:

(Pembroke)

That's quite Lobstronomous..

Let's hope the Bio NatSci offers haven't been handed out yet and we may have a chance!
Original post by TPJY
e-mail is instant right? i don't get why they don't send an automatic e-mail to the list of fished people at 3:00 on the dot :frown:

I've got another Nat sci interview at Robinson by phone call and the lady said she won't sent an email confirmation... So it may be a practical joke :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ingénue
Okay, not to panic if you haven't been called, they said on the document that they would prioritise calling re-interviewees. And considering that 75% of pool offers are sans interview I don't think there's any reason to panic just yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

:biggrin:
Does anyone know how many people roughly get pooled for economics and can you find your feedback + score out of 10 if your pooled
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 858
Does anybody know why pooling is done like this?
I mean my college would have made the decision to pool me a few days after my interview, so why don't they then do the pooling before Christmas and then when decisions are sent out on 3rd you can tell people if they were accepted/rejected/pooled and if they were pooled; whether another college wants you. If they do but want to interview, then everyone who this applies to knows straight away. If you were pooled but unsuccessful then you'll know you were a good applicant but you won't have to go through a few days like this.

This therefore eliminates the agony/annoyance of having to wait for a phone call that may or may come. It also avoids colleges having to phone people up which I imagine can be frustrating for admissions departments.
Reply 859
What time do they stop calling people, I really want to go out but do not want to answer the phone drunk!?

Latest

Trending

Trending