The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by louisjevans
I know! I was on edge when my mum said the phone is for you but when I was told I have another interview I stopped breathing!

I applied for Nat sci at downing originally, you? Also when is you interview? Mines on Saturday!! Eeeeeeeekk!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I was the same, literally shaking so much i was struggling to write down the details. The woman on the phone asked me if I'd just woken up as well, great start! :biggrin:

Physical natsci at pembroke initially. My interviews on Friday though so I guess I won't meet you till October :wink:
Original post by ingénue
Okay, not to panic if you haven't been called, they said on the document that they would prioritise calling re-interviewees. And considering that 75% of pool offers are sans interview I don't think there's any reason to panic just yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You beautiful beautiful person
Reply 862
Original post by .Username.
Does anyone know how many people roughly get pooled for economics

you can only estimate as there isn't an official stat but as economics is a v. competitive subject it would be quite high due to auto-pooling criteria
Original post by Lux-Aeterna
That's quite Lobstronomous..

Let's hope the Bio NatSci offers haven't been handed out yet and we may have a chance!

Likewise~

I see no reason why they've begun dishin' out offers for poolies... yet
I work as a swimming teacher, which I mentioned on my UCAS?!? That's gotta give me an advantage given the circumstances...!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 865
Original post by ingénue
Okay, not to panic if you haven't been called, they said on the document that they would prioritise calling re-interviewees. And considering that 75% of pool offers are sans interview I don't think there's any reason to panic just yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thou art wise, Calm One...
Reply 866
Original post by PooPoo
What time do they stop calling people, I really want to go out but do not want to answer the phone drunk!?

Can you not sacrifice getting drunk at least until you Cambridge stuff gets sorted out?
Reply 867
Original post by oldie1
Hi. I'm a dad doing the worrying for my son who's sensibly (I think!) committed himself to a sport tournament and is out of contact this weekend. He was pooled from his preference college and we just took a call on his behalf inviting him for an interview at another college. I can't work out the answer to two questions from what I've read: (1) now that he has an interview at another college, could another non-preference college still fish him with an interview or straight offer? (2) could his preference college still make him an offer or, I guess, call him for another interview?

If anyone has the definitive answer to these, that would be great.

Life goes on whatever individual outcomes you each have but GOOD LUCK to all of you nevertheless!
Welcome. Your son made a good call there :tongue:. There's a lot to be said for distractions you have to concentrate on!

Now he's been called for interview at another college, his original college has relinquished all claim to him, and no, another college couldn't call him for interview or make him a direct offer. So all his eggs are now in the basket belonging to the college that is going to re-interview him - his chances of an offer now are roughly 1 in 2.
Reply 868
Original post by louisjevans
I've got another Nat sci interview at Robinson by phone call and the lady said she won't sent an email confirmation... So it may be a practical joke :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahah that would be a so sly if it were!
got a Law offer from robinson college via requested email!!!! :smile: all the best, guys!!! i'm an international applicant btw.... :smile:
Reply 870
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
I work as a swimming teacher, which I mentioned on my UCAS?!? That's gotta give me an advantage given the circumstances...!

Do you have any advice on how to get caught in nets? I need a college to relieve me of this tension!
Reply 871
Original post by Minerva
Welcome. Your son made a good call there :tongue:. There's a lot to be said for distractions you have to concentrate on!

Now he's been called for interview at another college, his original college has relinquished all claim to him, and no, another college couldn't call him for interview or make him a direct offer. So all his eggs are now in the basket belonging to the college that is going to re-interview him - his chances of an offer now are roughly 1 in 2.

Do you know if certain subjects are more likely to require a reinterview? Or is it just down to individual colleges etc.
Reply 872
Original post by maniac_almanac
got a Law offer from robinson college via requested email!!!! :smile: all the best, guys!!! i'm an international applicant btw.... :smile:

Congratulations :smile:
I'm also law applicant! What college were you pooled from?
Reply 873
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•

Swimming teacher and lifeguard, we got this :tongue:
Reply 874
Original post by Minerva

Thanks to you and others who replied. All is clear. I think i'll forget about all this now till post-interview: I'll be ex-dad otherwise.
Reply 875
I used to swim competitively. Will this help me?!
Reply 876
I just got a phonecall from Homerton saying they're giving me an offer for Education with English and Drama! I'm so happy!
Reading this thread is not helping at all!! I Really have begun to lost faith having seen people be fished. Oh well At least Bristol want me :smile:
Reply 878
It ANNOYS me and is making me really jittery that they basically have all of their interview/offer/rejection lists and sending them out t..trri..iickk...lleee by ttt...rriiiccc...kkllee like we're fishes in a pond (in this case pool) with no water and are struggling to breathe with our fishy gills!!

Latest

Trending

Trending