The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Fresh91
the longer we do not receive a letter, the bigger chance we were unsuccessful? or...?

I dont think that has to do with anything. they send ALL decisions by 3rd. So, lets still hope for the best :smile:
No they sent out all decisions at the same time irrespective of the outcome

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 782
Original post by Fresh91
the longer we do not receive a letter, the bigger chance we were unsuccessful? or...?

When you receive the letter should have no relation to the college's decision. Also, if you're a Caius applicant most people haven't heard yet. Don't panic!
Reply 783
People - has anyone ever requested an TSA result? Im so curious.
Original post by Pe94
People - has anyone ever requested an TSA result? Im so curious.

I got given mine in feedback last year, but I had to request the feedback. If they have the information somewhere, they have to give it to you if you request it, I believe.
Reply 785
Original post by Oromis263
I got given mine in feedback last year, but I had to request the feedback. If they have the information somewhere, they have to give it to you if you request it, I believe.

Thanks, I've sent them an email, hope to receive it, just to compare with results I achieved in past papers :wink:
Reply 786

what was your feedback btw if you don't mind?
Anybody get an offer or pooled for economics at girton
Reply 788
Original post by nerd434
Someone in the year above me, from Scotland, received a letter of rejection from Caius. So I doubt there is any pattern.

How can Caius get a letter all the way to Scotland before they get one to me in London? This application process can be really frustrating.
Original post by nerd434
Someone in the year above me, from Scotland, received a letter of rejection from Caius. So I doubt there is any pattern.

I doubt there is any pattern, but what I was saying is that I have heard of Caius rejections and Caius offers, but I have not heard of anybody being pooled by Caius. Maybe they just 'forgot' to send letters to those who have been pooled or maybe they sent them the day after or something
Original post by WJRA
How can Caius get a letter all the way to Scotland before they get one to me in London? This application process can be really frustrating.

All Cambridge applicants at my school apart from me have heard
What about e-mails? All e-mails I've seen from Pembroke are either offers or pools. Maybe they prioritised offers-pools first for emails and left rejections last?
Original post by Silverland
what was your feedback btw if you don't mind?

To summarise: poor UMS, interviews weren't great, disparity in my strengths, probably not suited for the course, TSA score well above average. :lol:
Reply 793
Original post by ss06
All Cambridge applicants at my school apart from me have heard

I know of two other applicants from my school. Both applied for History, one has been pooled from Magdalene and the other (like me) applied to Caius and hasn't heard yet.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 794
Original post by Achilleasrn
What about e-mails? All e-mails I've seen from Pembroke are either offers or pools. Maybe they prioritised offers-pools first for emails and left rejections last?

I think they prioritize emails for international applicants rather than sending off batches according to decision. Could be that though.
Perhaps they are reconsidering their poolees?
Original post by Achilleasrn

They're all sent at the same time. Contact them, they will be happy to send you the decision via email!
Reply 797
Original post by shankar.leo
yep. they posted all the letters on 3rd

okaay so i dont get it what did they say? did they send everyone a letter on the 3d or are we all getting an e-mail on monday ? :s
Reply 798
Edinburgh is a beautiful beautiful city, and personally it is far better than London. Only you can say course wise though, which one do you prefer?

yeah I love Edinburgh and the fact that I can combine Linguistics with another subject by the 2nd year (e.g. Social Anthropology) gives it a bit of an edge. UCL's approach is more scientific which is equally interesting but there isn't much of a lot of philosophical focus. Very tricky.
Reply 799
Hey! I have applied for natsci physical. Had an interview at kings on the 5th. Still dont have an answer!how were your interviews? Anyone got the chance of meeting prof. Munday? He is so intimidating! What about the chemist, Dr Andreas Bender?? Loved him! BTW, I come from POrtugal