Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Georgie
I have an interview on Thursday...

Nice! Where at?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I've been pooled by King's for History
Reply 962
Original post by Kidioteque
In that case I've definitely not been fished..

Original post by jh.
but isn't SAQ theory usually always debunked?

Me neither :tongue: it hasn't changed on mine. I agree with the others, the SAQ theory is rubbish.
Original post by Stardust95
Anyone heard anything for HSPS?

Fellow HSPS applicant here! (pooled from Downing).

Haven't heard anything, yet, but fingers crossed! How about you?
Original post by lieseldante
Got fished by Fitzwilliam for English!

Congrats!
Reply 965
I was pooled from King's, and just got a direct offer from Homerton college to read Philosophy :smile:
Reply 966
Hi guys! I got pooled for Geography from Sidney Sussex this morning, and I have to say a big thank you to the OP for making the FAQ because it really helped calmed my nerves (even though I was certain I wasn't going to get in).

The good news is that I got a phone call a couple of hours ago saying they're offering me a place at Robinson! My answer to the phone call was hardly elegant (I think I only said "thank you!!" a lot), but I'm wishing everyone else in this thread the best of luck at getting fished.

I can also confirm that the SAQ theory is currently rubbish, as my form still says Sidney Sussex on it.
Reply 967

congratulations! :smile:
still waiting :frown: so jealous
Reply 968
Original post by T_x
Well done :smile: I guess that's it for me then :frown:

NO. No giving up hope yet :smile: NOT allowed thank you.
Original post by spacemenrule94

Pooled by clare - heard nothing and the wait is killing me!
Reply 970
Original post by CaileanOsborne
I've been pooled by King's for History

High 5 on that one :smile: congratulations! And hope we both get fished soon!
Reply 971
Original post by medica
Congratulations fellow applicant!!! That is awesome!!! Which college pooled you? Would you mind me asking what your bmat scores were? Thank you sooo much and congratulations once again!!!

bmat was not great. 5.6,4.3,3.5A. :smile: got pooled by corpus

:eek:

Where? Best of luck.
Reply 973
Original post by Hiro2008
If this helps, last year my referee asked for feedback, the admissions tutor from my original college rang him and told him about my interview notes but also some information about the other applicants, e.g. where I ranked.

ah okay thanks for the info (:

oh well done! did they call you?
Im so scared. Does anyone know what time they stop ringing/email/bat-signalling interviews/offers out? Im getting frustrated and i feel physically sick. I have eaten nothing all day :frown:
Reply 975
I have been invited to a second set of interviews at Selwyn College!! :smile:

Just wondering if someone can give me some advice. Will these be in the same format as the ones in December or will they be different??
Original post by ludenburg
Hi guys! I got pooled for Geography from Sidney Sussex this morning, and I have to say a big thank you to the OP for making the FAQ because it really helped calmed my nerves (even though I was certain I wasn't going to get in).

The good news is that I got a phone call a couple of hours ago saying they're offering me a place at Robinson! My answer to the phone call was hardly elegant (I think I only said "thank you!!" a lot), but I'm wishing everyone else in this thread the best of luck at getting fished.

I can also confirm that the SAQ theory is currently rubbish, as my form still says Sidney Sussex on it.

Congrats!
Reply 977
aaagh got into Christ's for mml!!
Original post by spacemenrule94

I'm the same! When was your interview?
Original post by ludenburg

Congratulations! :smile: That's brilliant news (and I can guarantee that if I do manage to be fished, I'll just stutter down the phone to the effect of "wow, thank you"!)

And thanks for debunking the SAQ theory - it's reassuring to know!