The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _b3th_
I know! My friends been pooled for HSPS from them as well! Mine was on the 11th, we have seen each other at some point!

Yup, I know somebody else on TSR applied to Downing for HSPS and got pooled, too!

And almost definitely! Hoping this turns out alright in the end :smile:
Original post by Eleanorclareh
I know I haven't and won't be fished because they do it in alphabetical order apparently... :frown:

Do what in alphabetical order?
Reply 1042
Original post by ingénue
Congratulations!!!! I'm envious, really want to hear something! Well done :smile:

Thanks, I definitely thought I would get rejected so dont lose hope!
Reply 1043
Original post by oggdeferrer
Just got home from holiday to find out I have been pooled for the second year in a row (lucky me!). This thread was amazing last year - kept me vaguely sane!

Last year I was pooled by Girton for English, and reinterviewed by Robinson (then rejected)

This year I have been pooled by St Johns for Education with English and Drama... The wait is on!

Good luck to everyone :smile:

P.s. - is autopooling only relevant for A Level applicants, or do you think they may autopool post-result candidates who have strong grades (I did the Cambridge pre-U)

According to this the autopool requirement for post A-level applicants is A*A*A* or better, you just have to change that to Cambridge Pre-U
Original post by Paul C.
I was also pooled for architecture...hope we will hear soon

Same! I bloody loved the Cambridge Architecture course! Best of luck to you!
Reply 1045
Original post by amg_22
i have been invited to an interview at Selwyn, does that mean no other colleges will now consider my application?

The re-interview success rate seems to be about 50% and the pool rate about 30% so its very good.
INTERVIEW from Girton!!!! Thank you thank you thank you thank you i love you you beautiful girton college.
Reply 1047
Original post by rooosy
Everyone seems to have been pooled for History nearly!

I'm History too and I've heard nothing!
One person on this thread yesterday has... nothing today...
Reply 1048
Original post by Rivastro
Any bio natscis heard anything yet? I've passed the anxious and fidgety stage, nearing manic and borderline deranged.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha oh dear, do try to calm yourself!! :tongue: and I'm bio natsci and I haven't been picked out either... Doubt that I will to be honest!
Reply 1049
Original post by Lux-Aeterna
Guessing calls for the day will stop about 18:00. Looks like hope is becoming futile.

Is this right? nothing after 6?
Reply 1050
Original post by amg_22
i have been invited to an interview at Selwyn, does that mean no other colleges will now consider my application?
Yes.

I know I haven't and won't be fished because they do it in alphabetical order apparently... :frown:
No they don't.
Original post by \/ibhav
Do what in alphabetical order?

The order they fish the students is in the alphabetical order of the course, I don't know if this is true... I hope not :-(
Reply 1052
Original post by Lux-Aeterna
Guessing calls for the day will stop about 18:00. Looks like hope is becoming futile.

I wouldn't be so sure, on last year's thread people were still getting calls till about 7/8pm.. Maybe even later
Original post by honggau
I know... probably because many applications are still under consideration...
But really why do they have to make this wait so horrible? Just call us and tell us now huhu

I know - being left hanging feels horrible. I wish they'd just contacted everybody once they'd made the final decisions to take / reject, instead of all this suspense... And some colleges jumping the gun and calling early hardly helps!
Original post by melzel
Is this right? nothing after 6?

Guessing so, it looks that way anyway, not much posts on the forum about calls. Might be a few more to come though..
Reply 1055
Original post by spacemenrule94
They do say that they contact you between the 5th and 7th if you're going to get an interview, and direct offers can come up until the 15th.

Don't lose hope. We're all in the same boat :smile:

i don't see why they don't tell us all asap!? why make us wait? i don't get it :frown:

Original post by spacemenrule94
Don't. Resist the temptation. If they say on the pooling letter they send not to phone colleges asking about whether you've been fished, they've obviously had bad experiences with overzealous applicants.

If anything, you'd risk putting off colleges from considering you. Wait this one out :console:

eeek fine ill leave it :frown:
Reply 1056
Original post by lieseldante
Got fished by Fitzwilliam for English!

Told you you deserved it! Congrats!
Reply 1057
Same! I bloody loved the Cambridge Architecture course! Best of luck to you!

Thank you !!! Which college you applied ? Good luck for you too !
Original post by Paul C.
Thank you !!! Which college you applied ? Good luck for you too !

I applied to Girton, so basically, I have no chance... I just want to know, so I can start to focus on my other offers!! What about you? :smile:
When I was on the phone to the Admissions woman, she said that they couldn't email people if they'd been fished because they have to (for some technical reason) send out all the offer to pooled people at the same time. That means that they have to wait until people have been interviewed.

Latest

Trending

Trending