The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Quick question - if I don't get fished this year, can I re-apply to Cambridge next year? I had heard that once you'd been rejected you couldn't apply again, but reading an earlier post it looks like I might be wrong.

Thanks!
Reply 1061
Original post by Eleanorclareh
I applied to Girton, so basically, I have no chance... I just want to know, so I can start to focus on my other offers!! What about you? :smile:

King's
Reply 1062
Hey guys :smile: I've just heard from Homerton that I've been fished (originally applied to Clare). Naturally I am over the moon, but at the same time my heart goes out to everyone who is waiting. I know it is an unbelievably clichéd thing to say (and may infuriate some people on here unintentionally), but please try not to give up. Before I got my phone call (at around 5:30ish) I was resigned to going elsewhere and it came as an huge surprise. The best of luck to you all and remember that a university doesn't define who someone is but their work and their work ethic. The best of luck to you all and I really hope it goes well for you. xxx]

ALSO: I'm a re-applicant from last year for the same subject (history), proving that if you don't get in this year you CAN try again and DO have a chance of getting in!
Original post by Jambodini
Quick question - if I don't get fished this year, can I re-apply to Cambridge next year? I had heard that once you'd been rejected you couldn't apply again, but reading an earlier post it looks like I might be wrong.

Thanks!

You can apply as many times as you want
Reply 1064

Thanks!

Course you can, quite a few successful re-applicants here on TSR got unconditional offers, but of course there is no guarantee you'll get an offer next time round.
Original post by Helly
I'm History too and I've heard nothing!
One person on this thread yesterday has... nothing today...

Yeah, I saw someone was fished yesterday, but other than that it doesn't look like anyone's heard anything! :frown:
Original post by T_x
Hey guys :smile: I've just heard from Homerton that I've been fished (originally applied to Clare). Naturally I am over the moon, but at the same time my heart goes out to everyone who is waiting. I know it is an unbelievably clichéd thing to say (and may infuriate some people on here unintentionally), but please try not to give up. Before I got my phone call (at around 5:30ish) I was resigned to going elsewhere and it came as an huge surprise. The best of luck to you all and remember that a university doesn't define who someone is but their work and their work ethic. The best of luck to you all and I really hope it goes well for you. xxx]

ALSO: I'm a re-applicant from last year for the same subject (history), proving that if you don't get in this year you CAN try again and DO have a chance of getting in!

So there was a chance for you in the end :wink:

Well done :biggrin:
Original post by Helly
TH!
You?
IB/A level?

Pembroke& a level. I'm meant to have a January exam, but I really can't focus at the minute!
Original post by T_x
Hey guys :smile: I've just heard from Homerton that I've been fished (originally applied to Clare). .......

Congrats! And those kind words are more helpful than you know :smile:
Reply 1069
Original post by helenacharlotte
Pembroke& a level. I'm meant to have a January exam, but I really can't focus at the minute!

I have mocks, but I need to comfort myself on this at the moment!
Original post by Paul C.
King's

Ahhh, cool :-)
Do you guys know if they would call EU applicants later than UK ones, just to get the interview offers out of the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
looking over last years pool, 3,500 were pooled out of the 15,300 initial applicants. Of these, 530 were asked for another interview with 250 being made offers after these. In total 1,000 were made offers from the pool. 750 being through direct offer. And 156 were fished from the college they applied to! So don't loose hope little fishes! Just keep swimming! :smile:
Reply 1073
Original post by T_x

can i ask... what did they actually say? im quite curious as to how they word a sentence that will change the course of your entire future :tongue:
What if I miss the phone call?
Original post by Lux-Aeterna

You can apply as many times as you want

Okay, thanks! If I'm not lucky this year, maybe next year then...
Have any engineers heard yet?
Got asked to Churchill for a Law interview, having been pooled from Trinity Hall... does anyone whether my chances of an offer have changed at all?
Reply 1078
Original post by Dilloneranger
Got asked to Churchill for a Law interview, having been pooled from Trinity Hall... does anyone whether my chances of an offer have changed at all?

Effectively a toss of a coin now, 1 in 2. :smile:
Reply 1079
Original post by Dilloneranger

About 50% of people reinterviewed get offers - so good luck!

Latest