The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by Oromis263
I got given mine in feedback last year, but I had to request the feedback. If they have the information somewhere, they have to give it to you if you request it, I believe.

Have you aplied for natsci at kings?
Original post by egvc22
Have you aplied for natsci at kings?

Yes, that is where I applied this year, and I now hold an unconditional offer from them.
Reply 802
Yes, that is where I applied this year, and I now hold an unconditional offer from them.

Me too! Although I don t have the answer yet! I am from POrtugal! Were you interview in the 5th?
Hopefully we will be colleagues
Original post by AlexandraSophia
I know EXACTLY how you feel. :frown: I have heard nothing from St. Catz and I'm an international applicant too. Apparently Catz hasn't been handing out offers so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you an international applicant? Because I've got an offer via letter from St Catz and I know a few others have received letters (and possibly emails) :smile: if that's any help
Reply 804
Original post by .Username.
Anybody get an offer or pooled for economics at girton

lol you can be pooled out of Girton!? :eek:
I got given mine in feedback last year, but I had to request the feedback. If they have the information somewhere, they have to give it to you if you request it, I believe.

Did you find it helpful, getting the feedback? Or just harrowing - knowing what you could've possibly done extra to clinch it? :biggrin:

I can only see myself reapplying if I get an S or something in STEP this year :tongue:
Original post by egvc22
Me too! Although I don t have the answer yet! I am from POrtugal! Were you interview in the 5th?
Hopefully we will be colleagues

:biggrin: Well, good luck! I had my interview on the 6th.
Original post by dragonrabbit
Did you find it helpful, getting the feedback? Or just harrowing - knowing what you could've possibly done extra to clinch it? :biggrin:

I can only see myself reapplying if I get an S or something in STEP this year :tongue:

Well, it just told me what I already knew. :tongue: I was in the lowest 20% of interviewees when ranked for UMS. My average was 89% ish, so I decided to change that. A2 average was... better. :biggrin:

I decided to only reapply with 4A*s and a 97% A2 average. :smile:

It wasn't harrowing, as to clinch it I would have had to have done a lot. :tongue:
Reply 808
:biggrin: Well, good luck! I had my interview on the 6th.

BTW, where you interview by dr. Munday? How did you find the test?
Reply 809
Well, it just told me what I already knew. :tongue: I was in the lowest 20% of interviewees when ranked for UMS. My average was 89% ish, so I decided to change that. A2 average was... better. :biggrin:

I decided to only reapply with 4A*s and a 97% A2 average. :smile:

It wasn't harrowing, as to clinch it I would have had to have done a lot. :tongue:

89% was in the lowest 20%? :O Im only on 87%... and pooled :'(
Original post by egvc22
BTW, where you interview by dr. Munday? How did you find the test?

I was. I enjoyed that interview more than my first, but the first was pretty fun too.

I found the maths part of the test easy, I cocked up the physics question completely. :lol: I just waffled for the chemistry.
Original post by Megzx13
89% was in the lowest 20%? :O Im only on 87%... and pooled :'(

This is PhysNatSci at TitHall. Also, you must have had an impressive interview to get pooled. Don't worry yet! :smile:
Reply 812
This is PhysNatSci at TitHall. Also, you must have had an impressive interview to get pooled. Don't worry yet! :smile:

Oh I see, sorry :P
The thing is, my interviews were pretty horrific! And my college was really under subscribed for my subject this year... (only just above 1:1), so I'm thinking they wanted to compare me to other applicants and have since realised I suck. :sad:
Original post by sickoftheslaughter
Are you an international applicant? Because I've got an offer via letter from St Catz and I know a few others have received letters (and possibly emails) :smile: if that's any help

Congratulations! :biggrin: I'm guessing I'd receive an email regarding my decision because it'd take more than a week for mail from the UK to reach my country (Malaysia). Apparently quite a lot of St. Catz applicants haven't heard a word from St. Catz yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megzx13
Oh I see, sorry :P
The thing is, my interviews were pretty horrific! And my college was really under subscribed for my subject this year... (only just above 1:1), so I'm thinking they wanted to compare me to other applicants and have since realised I suck. :sad:

They can't have been as horrific as you imagine. :smile: What subject and college? :smile: Hope it all works out!
Reply 815
They can't have been as horrific as you imagine. :smile: What subject and college? :smile: Hope it all works out!

Well that's what I hope :redface:
Johns and Geography, thank you :smile:
Reply 816
Original post by ss06
I doubt there is any pattern, but what I was saying is that I have heard of Caius rejections and Caius offers, but I have not heard of anybody being pooled by Caius. Maybe they just 'forgot' to send letters to those who have been pooled or maybe they sent them the day after or something

You were right with that pooling thesis! I received an email half an hour ago from Christ's that I was fished out of winter pool for economics. Don't know much about the college, but I AM RELIEVED!

Good luck to all and enjoy your weekend...
Original post by konan1208
Fitz. I mean should this even be happening?

what did you apply for. me and another applicant (both for econs) have been so confused as to why UK kids are getting emailed rejections already and we havent heard anything
Reply 818
Original post by Pandin
You were right with that pooling thesis! I received an email half an hour ago from Christ's that I was fished out of winter pool for economics. Don't know much about the college, but I AM RELIEVED!

congratulations! :smile:
just a quick question-- were you told beforehand that you were pooled from caius?
Reply 819
Original post by Pandin

Congratulations. I guess i'll keep waiting...

Latest

Trending

Trending