The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qwertish
The IAEA would like to know if this merger will result in Belarus having access to Russia's nuclear arsenal?

Belarus will cease to exist as a separate country, they are becoming an autonomous republic within the Russian Federation thus become to an extent Russian although they still have culture, constitution and other such perks (so they are basically a country within a country if you will). The Russian nuclear arsenal is Russian and as Belarus will be part of Russia, they shall however only those officials will clearance are involved in the nuclear arsenal as it is currently for all other autonomous republics.
Reply 21
I did not it is a crime to state a report by the European Commission about Candidate statess progress, jeez
The IAEA would like to know if this merger will result in Belarus having access to Russia's nuclear arsenal?

OOC: Wahay a UNO is finally involved in discussion!!

Russia's nuclear arsenal will remain under the jurisdiction of the Kremlin.
Original post by Morgsie
This is partly why I want to move from wearing 3 hats to 2 hats. Keeping EU and AG.

Not my place. You do realise your repeating history.

You realise the EU is an elected position right? you are acting as a dictator and the Russian Federation feels you have no right to dictate to us what we can or cannot do.

Repeating history? how are we repeating history? we are not in a cold war, the countries citizens want this... this is not repeating history.

-----

The Kingdom of Spain is shocked and appalled that the EU Secretariat General is behaving as a dictator and urges an urgent inquiry as to whether he is suitable for his role as he is abusing his power.
Reply 24
Original post by tehFrance
You realise the EU is an elected position right? you are acting as a dictator and the Russian Federation feels you have no right to dictate to us what we can or cannot do.

Repeating history? how are we repeating history? we are not in a cold war, the countries citizens want this... this is not repeating history.

-----

The Kingdom of Spain is shocked and appalled that the EU Secretariat General is behaving as a dictator and urges an urgent inquiry as to whether he is suitable for his role as he is abusing his power.

It is upto the 27 Member States to decide Policy. I have not stated policy, I have stated facts, Agreements, Reports etc.

A condition was that I represent a Member State aswell. I have said why I favour dropping Portugal and keeping the other 2 roles
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Cheese_Monster
OOC: Wahay a UNO is finally involved in discussion!!

Russia's nuclear arsenal will remain under the jurisdiction of the Kremlin.

OOC: :biggrin:

That makes the IAEA feel so safe and secure.
Original post by Morgsie
It is upto the 27 Member States to decide Policy. I have not stated policy, I have stated facts, Agreements, Reports etc.

A condition was that I represent a Member State aswell. I have said why I favour dropping Portugal and keeping the other 2 roles

You have stated open belligerence to this merger in a personal capacity. This is not your call, and you should allow all 27 member states to have their own say, not for you to put words into their mouth. Belarus thinks.
Original post by Morgsie

Exactly so why are you dictating in your personal non-country role that you do not wish for this to happen and are trying to persuade countries to vote against. The Kingdom of Spain shall be calling an immediate vote of no confidence as you have not kept to the 'Guidance Document', completely ignoring the whole "The Secretariat shall be responsible for posting motions in the EU bloc thread at a rate of one per day"... ONE PER DAY, no wonder there is no activity when you do not post the motions required.

-----

The Russian Federation looks on in great interest as to the developing situation within the EU.
Reply 28
How dare you 2 call me Hitler, If there are dictators it is you 2
Belarus supports the VONC, even if it cannot vote on a personal capacity for the EU bloc leader's refusal to stay in character.
Original post by Morgsie
How dare you 2 call me Hitler, If there are dictators it is you 2

Who called you Hitler? no where has anyone called you Hitler. Time someone knocked you off your authoritative perch.
Reply 31
The US opposes any merger of Belarus and Russia; we see this as a reamergence of Cold War ethos from dormant Soviet beliefs. We would like to bring this issue to the attention of fellow NATO members.
Myanmar supports this resolution since it has the support of the people of both nations. Such a move is also highly pragmatic we believe and fitting given the history between the two states (OOC:I'm correct in saying that Belarus used to be part of Russia/ USSR am I not?) so we fully support this resolution and urge others to do the same.
Original post by Kiss
The US opposes any merger of Belarus and Russia; we see this as a reamergence of Cold War ethos from dormant Soviet beliefs. We would like to bring this issue to the attention of fellow NATO members.

The Russian Federation is displeased with the US and her opposition. You would allow the EU to expand right to Russia's border and possibly beyond but you won't let two countries whose people want the merger merge? it goes to show how hypocritical you are as a country and the Russian Federation shall not stand for it.
Original post by toronto353
Myanmar supports this resolution since it has the support of the people of both nations. Such a move is also highly pragmatic we believe and fitting given the history between the two states (OOC:I'm correct in saying that Belarus used to be part of Russia/ USSR am I not?) so we fully support this resolution and urge others to do the same.

Aye, Belarus was a founding constituent of the Soviet Union. This is in no way an attempt to rebuild a dormant empire, which the Americans would hope, it is simply responding to the will of the people. We have been in a partial union with Russia since 1996 called the Union State, thus this is hardly an Earth-shattering move. Belarus appreciates Myanmar's support.
Original post by Kiss

Belarus does not appreciate America's calls for the attention of NATO members, this is no way a concern of the US nor its military allies.
Reply 36
Original post by tehFrance
The Russian Federation is displeased with the US and her opposition. You would allow the EU to expand right to Russia's border and possibly beyond but you won't let two countries whose people want the merger merge? it goes to show how hypocritical you are as a country and the Russian Federation shall not stand for it.

Original post by Cheese_Monster
Belarus does not appreciate America's calls for the attention of NATO members, this is no way a concern of the US nor its military allies.

It is in the best interests of NATO to protect every individual member state. The US is only opposed provided our fellow NATO members are comfortable with it; we shall be holding a referendum on the matter if Belarus and Russia wish to pursue action, and so long as a majority of NATO and of the baltic nations Poland, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia are satisfied then we shall not stand in the way of any merger. We would primarily like to hear from the afore mentioned nations Poland, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia, along with NATO as soon as possible.
Reply 37
OOC: :biggrin:

That makes the IAEA feel so safe and secure.

Does Sweden detect notes of sarcasm? :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by Kiss
It is in the best interests of NATO to protect every individual member state. The US is only opposed provided our fellow NATO members are comfortable with it; we shall be holding a referendum on the matter if Belarus and Russia wish to pursue action, and so long as a majority of NATO and of the baltic nations Poland, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia are satisfied then we shall not stand in the way of any merger. We would primarily like to hear from the afore mentioned nations Poland, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia, along with NATO as soon as possible.

Spain is in NATO yet the that Representative is also Russia
Original post by Kiss

This merger shall happen whether you or NATO like it or not. We the Russian Federation don't see why you should declare our plans to be wrong and not happening when it does not affect you nor does it affect any of the Baltic states. Belarus and Russian are practically one anyway so why not make them one officially?

It is clear however that you are angling for war and we shall not stand for it.

--------

The Kingdom of Spain as part of NATO sees no problem with the merger however we have to look at the details in more detail before coming to a conclusion.

Latest

Trending

Trending