The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cheese_Monster
Aye, Belarus was a founding constituent of the Soviet Union. This is in no way an attempt to rebuild a dormant empire, which the Americans would hope, it is simply responding to the will of the people. We have been in a partial union with Russia since 1996 called the Union State, thus this is hardly an Earth-shattering move. Belarus appreciates Myanmar's support.

Myanmar is more than happy to stand behind two countries who have supported us in the past.
Original post by toronto353
Myanmar is more than happy to stand behind two countries who have supported us in the past.

Belarus looks forward to Myanmar working closely with the Russian Federation in future.

Original post by miser
Does Sweden detect notes of sarcasm? :biggrin:

Belarus is sure this is not the case. A UNO has an oath not to comment politically on the decisions of sovereign states.
Original post by Cheese_Monster
Belarus looks forward to Myanmar working closely with the Russian Federation in future.

Myanmar is also keen to work closely with the Russian Federation in the future on issues which are of interest for both of our states.
Reply 43
Original post by miser
Does Sweden detect notes of sarcasm? :biggrin:

The representative from Sweden may detect whatever they want to. The IAEA is committed to being a politically-independent organization. (:wink:)

We are pleased that the Russian Federation will not be allowing the Belarusian Government full access to it's nuclear arsenal.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 44
Edit: wrong thread.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by miser
Sweden has spent time deliberating on its decision over whether or not to support the proposed VoNC. It's our considered opinion that Morgsie is very knowledgeable about EU operations and so has earnt our utmost respect. However, Sweden has become increasingly concerned regarding matters of efficiency within the direction of the EU. The role of EU Bloc Leader is tremendously important on the world stage, and so it's Sweden's regrettable opinion that changes must be made in order to best meet the interests of the European nations. For these reasons, Sweden hereby declares its support for the VoNC against current incumbent Morgsie.

OOC: Wrong thread. :smile: You may want to quote in Birchington so that he knows as well.
Reply 46
OOC: Wrong thread. :smile: You may want to quote in Birchington so that he knows as well.

OOC: I feel ganged up and people want to take the final bit I have on TSR
Reply 47

OOC:
Ah whoops. Thanks.
Original post by Morgsie
OOC: I feel ganged up and people want to take the final bit I have on TSR

OOC: First of all, show them that you're the right man for the job. Look at it as a chance to show everyone that you're the right person to be running the bloc. Secondly, you still got the Attorney General position.
Reply 49
OOC: First of all, show them that you're the right man for the job. Look at it as a chance to show everyone that you're the right person to be running the bloc. Secondly, you still got the Attorney General position.

OOC: Does help when people stick up rather letting people get away with this. WHY ME, its not fair and they are manipulating others

They have used tricks to hide their personal agenda, it is not nice when they should be suspended I feel
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Morgsie
OOC: Does help when people stick up rather letting people get away with this. WHY ME, its not fair and they are manipulating others

OOC: My advice would be to first of all keep this in the EU Bloc thread to avoid clogging up this resolution. Secondly, just keep thinking positively and showing people why you should remain in charge of the bloc. :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by Morgsie

OOC: If we haven't had an election for over a year we should be having one anyway. I'm quite ok with voting for you again in the next election should it seem you're the best candidate, only I honestly don't know that it's the case because I haven't been around here much. I want to see some democracy; an election, some manifestos and some Q&A. This I think would be to the benefit of the MUN as a whole.
Reply 52
Original post by miser
OOC: If we haven't had an election for over a year we should be having one anyway. I'm quite ok with voting for you again in the next election should it seem you're the best candidate, only I honestly don't know that it's the case because I haven't been around here much. I want to see some democracy; an election, some manifestos and some Q&A. This I think would be to the benefit of the MUN as a whole.

OOC: point taken, There will be once the reforms get underway. They are have personal issues against me and using every trick to get it out. what are you thoughts on this merger
Reply 53
Original post by Morgsie
OOC: point taken, There will be once the reforms get underway. They are have personal issues against me and using every trick to get it out. what are you thoughts on this merger

OOC: I think a lot of nations' characters would warrant attempts to thwart it, however I don't personally feel it's a matter to be flatly rejected, because what power ought other nations have over deciding which nations shouldn't and oughtn't do what they feel to be in their own interests when it infringes upon the rights of none? It seems impractical to bar it, as although international bodies may reject it, they will ultimately have no say over internal matters and have no means to legitimately prevent it.
Reply 54
OOC: Isn't there a separate thread for this?

The IAEA would like to get this back on track :smile:
The Swiss Confederation believes that whilst it may disagree with Belarus becoming a autonomous region of the Russian Federation, we have no particular concerns about it becoming an autonomous region of Russia. The only thing we do say is that Russia helps the region to maintain links with Europe.

----

The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan supports Belarus's bid to become a part of Russia we hope to work with both representatives in ensuring political and economic cooperation.

OOC: I've just realised how bad my wording is in this post.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
Despite not agreeing with the merger, The Netherlands feels that it would be inappropriate to dictate what other states can and cannot do. The Netherlands would like to wish good fortune on both of the states concerned, while declaring that it doesn't support it.
Reply 57
Australia is not over-filled with joy at this announcement, but, accepting as we do that countries have the right to self-determination, and that if it is the will of the people of both nations, then other nations have no right to intervene. Also, it would appear that this resolution is merely a formality, as there is nothing that we can do to affect this.

Tuvalu, while aware that nothing can be done, is concerned at the precedent that is set here. Tuvalu wonders whether this will be the first of many of Russia's satellite states to be reabsorbed into the Federation, and whether other such closely aligned countries will follow suit.
Reply 58
The republic of Malawi supports Belarus' right of determination, and if the people of Belarus and the Russian Federation support this, we have no concerns.

Also, we would request that the Secretary General change this from a resolution into a mere statement, and instigate its effect in 6 days time.

Birchington
QFA
(edited 11 years ago)
If it is an internal decision between the Russian federation and Belarus then Argentina cannot forsee any major objections at this time.

Latest

Trending

Trending