The "female mind" unveiled

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Damn!
What happened to being an individual.
Reply 81
Original post by Dragonfly07
men can orgasm in less than 3 minutes and women take about 20 on average

Either I am extraordinarily good at sex or you are unfortunately misguided. I suspect both.

On a completely unrelated note, I have quite a funny little brother. I have had the same girlfriend now for some number of years and we are hoping to move in together in the summer. My little brother, however, is 12 years old, just hitting puberty and convinced he knows everything. As a result, he keeps telling me how I should handle my relationships with women, including my girlfriend, despite being woefully uninformed. Does that behaviour sound like anyone you know, OP?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Arnob204
You understand incorrectly then, both society and psychology play a role, but they aren't 'superficial' at all. Refer to: http://www.amazon.com/Blank-Slate-Modern-Denial-Nature/dp/0142003344 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ2xrnyH2wQ.

How can you judge that I understand incorrectly? You haven't even asked what I understand.

Gender identity - a person's subjective view of their gender
Gender - determined by a person's genitalia
Psychology's role - well, really genetic gender differences cause gender differences in neurophysiology and thus trends showing gender differences of behaviour.
Society's role - society has ultimately superficial standards of what makes a man a man and a woman a woman. For instance a woman likes shopping, security, handbags, men, they have boobs and vaginas and all the rest. A man likes machines, violence, women, has a penis etc.

Not conforming to society's standards can attract questioning by others of your sexuality. Why? Because 'feminine' or 'camp' men (e.g. like shopping, men) are associated with homosexuality. 'Masculine' or 'butch' women (e.g. like cars, women, not wearing make-up) are associated with homosexuality.

But like I said I've yet to read round the subject properly. One of my friend recently went from a she to a he so I'm more inspired to do so.

I've seen the documentary you've linked to. It was very interesting.
+1 because you get the general gist although it isn't exactly accurate. I think women have the same sex drive as men, but they find it more difficult to fulfill it. For that reason they give up on sex more than men do, which makes them less "perverted" than men.

Some guys here actually took that to mean that I say most men are bad in bed. I mean seriously how low does your self esteem have to be to actually think I meant that? It is PHYSICALLY almost impossible for a man to make a woman orgasm. Men finish in less than 3 minutes, women finish in 20. It takes a god to satisfy a woman in bed.

For the life of me I'm going to assume you're just talking about vaginal sex there (and even then it still wouldn't be "physically almost impossible") and not making a woman orgasm in any other way.
Reply 84
Original post by miser
Girls definitely like sex (I don't see how that could seriously be argued against), but definitely they are more inhibited against it. I've read this is likely a vestige of evolutionary psychology, being that women traditionally had more to risk from entering into a sexual relationship than men did. This disparity of risk is of course eliminated with contraception, but psychology changes much slower than technology. It leads to the interesting results in studies, such as that single women propositioned by an unknown attractive man for sex almost universally refuse, whereas single men approached by an unknown attractive women almost universally accept. This isn't to say that men like sex more than women, but I could understand why some could be led to believe this.

Basically women are choosy and cautious whereas men are rampant and scattergun.
Reply 85
Heres something I'm yet to grasp, I agree with the nice guys point, it's valid and I'm not going to argue nor dispute it, although genuine nice guys (without those issues) still get overlooked imo. Answer me this;

Why do women go back to men that are *****, I mean genuine, these guys that will and have frequently cheated on them? Emotionally destroy them? Bully them? Beat them? Why is it that it seems you treat women extremely badly you seem to have them for longer and not vice versa. Chris Brown beat up Rhianna and she takes him back, Ashley Cole cheats on Cheryl Cole the first time and she takes him back. Why?
Reply 86
Original post by Jakeh
Heres something I'm yet to grasp, I agree with the nice guys point, it's valid and I'm not going to argue nor dispute it, although genuine nice guys (without those issues) still get overlooked imo. Answer me this;

Why do women go back to men that are *****, I mean genuine, these guys that will and have frequently cheated on them? Emotionally destroy them? Bully them? Beat them? Why is it that it seems you treat women extremely badly you seem to have them for longer and not vice versa. Chris Brown beat up Rhianna and she takes him back, Ashley Cole cheats on Cheryl Cole the first time and she takes him back. Why?

Some women have fantasies that they can still "change" the man, even when every shred of evidence suggests they can't. Some women suffer from low self-esteem and think that a man who behaves like that is "all they can get" or that in some mad way they "deserve it".

There are no really good reasons why an intelligent confident woman would allow such a man back into their lives, it's just down to upbringing and bad experiences.
Reply 87
Original post by zara55
Some women have fantasies that they can still "change" the man, even when every shred of evidence suggests they can't. Some women suffer from low self-esteem and think that a man who behaves like that is "all they can get" or that in some mad way they "deserve it".

There are no really good reasons why an intelligent confident woman would allow such a man back into their lives, it's just down to upbringing and bad experiences.

Thing is I know plenty of women that do this. And it's just ridiculous, theres one guy I know, has cheated on every girlfriend hes ever had, yet each of them have taken him back at least once and hes cheated again and they all stay in pretty constant contact with him still now. Like how, how does that make sense? I'm not suggesting I'm some perfect alternative, but these women are generally stunning and have at least some intelligence (law grads / uni grads).

It makes me feel to be successful I need to be more like that, much more cold and much worse as a person, and personally thats not me. I'm not insecure, i don't worry about my girlfriend spending time without me, in fact I encouraged it with my ex, I'm a pretty confident guy and I'm more than happy with myself. Perhaps I haven't found the correct girl yet.
Original post by Eljamaispa
She was suggesting that men come quicker than women on average (fact) and as a result many women gradually find sex less rewarding.
I fail to see how the first half of that statement goes with the second. The fact that men come quicker as others have pointed out has absolutely nothing to do with a women satisfaction because sex is slightly more than vaginal sex. If your sex in anyway ends with you getting less pleasure than the guy, you have **** sex, its a simple as that.
this is such a stupid thread
Reply 90
Original post by Jakeh
Thing is I know plenty of women that do this. And it's just ridiculous, theres one guy I know, has cheated on every girlfriend hes ever had, yet each of them have taken him back at least once and hes cheated again and they all stay in pretty constant contact with him still now. Like how, how does that make sense? I'm not suggesting I'm some perfect alternative, but these women are generally stunning and have at least some intelligence (law grads / uni grads).

It makes me feel to be successful I need to be more like that, much more cold and much worse as a person, and personally thats not me. I'm not insecure, i don't worry about my girlfriend spending time without me, in fact I encouraged it with my ex, I'm a pretty confident guy and I'm more than happy with myself. Perhaps I haven't found the correct girl yet.

Ahh, the cheating is different though to direct physical abuse, etc. Cheating is a sign that the male can successfully win other females - that makes him more attractive to some, there is a sense of competition.

It's the same as the feeling you get when you meet a good looking guy who has a young child or is with another woman in the supermarket - you immediately feel more like "hmmm, this guy's interesting" than you do if he's on his own.
Reply 91
Original post by zara55

It's the same as the feeling you get when you meet a good looking guy who has a young child or is with another woman in the supermarket - you immediately feel more like "hmmm, this guy's interesting" than you do if he's on his own.

...no.
Reply 92
Original post by glousck
...no.

I think you do ya know
Reply 93
Original post by glousck
...no.

Ha, not *all* women do of course...
This is one LAME thread.
Reply 95
Original post by kalika_amz
this is such a stupid thread

Yes, indeed.
Edit: Guys if you want me to reply to you then you have to actually reply to me in the body of your text and not in the quotes. I don't want to (and I will not) go to the effort of copying and pasting your responses.

Edit number 2: People seem to be taking this thread to mean that this is the supposed moral behaviour. Morality is subjective. What I'm writing is simply what I think are reasonable explanations for stereotypical occurrences. Whether you think they're moral or not is up to you. If you let natural occurrences dictate morality then you're an idiot.

So I found out there are so many threads on TSR trying to figure out the "mysterious female mind", I thought I'd make a thread to try to explain it from my perspective. I found some stereotypes and gave explanations for them. If you can think of any other stereotype, post it in the thread and I'll attempt to address it with an explanation.

1) Women are likely to reject you if you seem interested, but they would be intrigued by you if you don't show any interest in them.

Explanation: A woman usually starts off being flattered by men's advances the first time it happened to her. Over time, a statistical pattern starts to form in which the number of perverted men who only wanted her for sex > genuine men. Consequently, the default position for interested men in her head is in the "pervert" category.

As a result, men who don't seem interested in her would automatically stand out and will appear to be better prospective partners because they obviously aren't sex crazed or weird if they're not actively going after her or even paying her attention.

2) Girls don't know what they want.

Explanation: girls know that they want to avoid giving instructions. They will beat around the bush and give you clues so that you can figure it out yourself, because THAT is what girls want. They want you to be telepathic. Literally. The reason: they want to feel like their partner knows them well enough to figure out what they want without having to tell them what it is specifically.

3) Girls don't like sex.

Explanation: girls do like sex. The problem is, sex usually ends with the man getting pleasure but the woman not getting as much pleasure as she could potentially get (because men can orgasm in less than 3 minutes and women take about 20 on average).

Result: women figure out that, if they don't enjoy sex most of the time, they may as well use sex as a means to get what they want (hence withholding sex as punishment or giving sex as a reward).

4) Girls go for *******s

Explanations: girls don't go for *******s. The guys who consider themselves "nice" and every other potential guy an "*******" are actually the *******s themselves, and the "*******s" who are reading this will understand what I mean.

If you think you're a nice guy and you aren't sure why you keep getting rejected, then take the time to read this article and see if the description fits you: http://www.heartless-bitches.com/rants/niceguys/niceguys.shtml

_ _ _
Post as many stereotypes as you want in the thread. I'll answer them if I think they're correct and ignore them if I think they're fabricated and/or stupid.

Well yes, that is true however some of it is how very immature and silly girls behave. The ones who act in that manner do end up fat and single/divorced which, although a bit mean, is hilarious to watch.
Anyway, my view on your points:

1) Girl is stupid to not be able to tell the difference between a guy liking her, and a guy wanting to **** her. Don't cry "I got used" because you got lost in his good looks :rofl:

2) Immature girls who are emotional train wrecks are not direct because they actually do not know what they want. For example, ask a girl what she wants to do with her life. Most have no idea. Even ask them what they like. Again, nothing.

3) I'll give you that. Most guys don't know anything about sex. It is quite shameful.

4) Immature girls who are ignorant, naive, and have daddy issues/home problems do go for *******s, but yes, "nice guys" are normally sad losers. As I always say "picturing dating like a car sales room. What makes you stand out compared to everyone else? Oh right, nothing. So stop crying and fix yourself" :tongue:
Reply 97
Original post by Miss G
I thought girls who played mindgames were limited to the Gossip Girl set. I mean, I guess I was wrong to generalize, but the girls I'm friends with, and even most of my aquaintances simply say what's on their mind. We're very straightforward people. Perhaps, younger girls who are still quite immature might play mind games, but I was under the impression that most mature, 'adult', young women do not play mind games.

What's 'the Gossip Girl set'? I definitely don't think all girls are like this, it just seems to be a more common trait in females than males. Obviously if you choose the right people to be friends with, as you've clearly done, then you won't have that problem. I'm surprised all your acquaintances are like that though as I tend to find that whilst I can befriend more mature girls, I'll inevitably have to get along with some bitchier girls just because I'm around them and they can be more of the manipulative type.
I wouldn't be surprised if it were more common in younger girls, but that doesn't mean all of them grow out of that sort of thing. Being older doesn't equate to being more mature.
Original post by Dominic Powell
Girls seem to throw logic out the window in most situations and go with their emotions, regardless of how stupid the decision is.

What is your explanation for this, Dragonfly?

Logic can be twisted - "to argue well is to end logic" - and so isn't trustworthy in stressful/insecure situations. Instincts are not always wrong and feel safer. Being emotional isn't wrong and logic doesn't always solve things.
Original post by Kenocide
I have to agree with both of your points.

I am by no means a misogynist or one of those men who harbours an intense bitterness towards women but I think basically most of the 'problems with women' that people have mentioned are the results of one overarching problem with SOME women: double standards.

Having one rule for men and another for women, WHICHEVER side it benefits, drives me crazy. I think that most men and honest women would agree that as a general rule, women tend to be less rational than men and I think that is the reason why men are more often the victim of double standards than women are - hence why there are so many men on here who sound so frustrated that some of them come across as just plain bitter.

I agree that double standards should be shot, but I think women are more subjected to double standards than men, the most common one being the slut/player labelling. The best way to work it out is to apply it to the opposite gender and see if it seems unfair.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending