The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by campool
I have a question to Minerva: My daughter has just been fished to girl's college, and does not wish to be in a girl's college. Is there anything that can be done at this stage regarding the application?

Also, do students occassionally move to another college once they are in one?

Sorry I am new to the forum so not sure whether I have sent the message to the right place.

I'm a guy and I wouldn't mind being fished to lucy cavendish.
Reply 1281
Hey just wondering, do they call your home phone or mobile?
Original post by Amber13
Me too, no worries! Funny enough, I where interviewed by the head of Jesus geog department too!

Ah I was interviewed by Dr Tucker and Prof dowdeswell who were both lovely! Messed mine up though:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1283
Any historians out there lost all hope?
Original post by 06waraujol
Well done! So envious:frown:

Thanks! Don't worry though, there's still ages left! I hope you get what you want! :biggrin:
Has anyone been fished for Linguistics yet? Or know of anyone who has?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 1286
Original post by badatgow
I'm a guy and I wouldn't mind being fished to lucy cavendish.

Of course you wouldn't :colone:
Reply 1287
Hey, does anyone know if they call the home phone or mobile?
Reply 1288
Original post by sarah-madeline
Im BioNatsci and been watching it, NOONE seems to be science offers...seems to be geog/history etc. havent seen sciencey ones

There has been at least one medicine one. No-one got fished yet for CompSci either!
Reply 1289
Original post by JKA17
Any historians out there lost all hope?

me! *extends arms for hug*
Reply 1290
Original post by BC123

If they call wouldn't it be the number you put on your UCAS form?
Reply 1291
Original post by Helly
me! *extends arms for hug*

*extended arm recieved gladly*
Original post by BC123
Hey just wondering, do they call your home phone or mobile?

Original post by BC123

REally hope it's home phone- absolutely no signal at my house, so I have horrible visions of them calling, not getting through, then thinking 'Oh, we'll give her interview to someone else, then' :frown:
Got a phone call at 3 on the dot, so they are definately giving out offers for people from the pool. Hang in there people, maybe you will get a phone call tomorrow! Got pooled by St Johns for English and now have an offer from Fitzwilliam. Wahey!
Original post by bellatrixb
REally hope it's home phone- absolutely no signal at my house, so I have horrible visions of them calling, not getting through, then thinking 'Oh, we'll give her interview to someone else, then' :frown:

It is homephone, and they can't change their mind about who they want now, the final list circulated at 3. Chill!
Most of you guys are lucky since you know you've been pooled... Some of us internationals have no idea if we've been accepted, pooled or rejected, so be happy that you at least know where you stand. :P
Reply 1296
Original post by bellatrixb

Yeah, that is not going to happen.
Reply 1297
Original post by Achilleasrn
Most of you guys are lucky since you know you've been pooled... Some of us internationals have no idea if we've been accepted, pooled or rejected, so be happy that you at least know where you stand. :P

I think 'knowing where we stand' is a slight over statement...
Original post by Bord3r
Anyone noticed that the vast majority of those fished are accounts with less than 10 posts. Do people make accounts just to announce they've been fished?

I did wonder about that! :rolleyes:
Original post by Rose~
If they call wouldn't it be the number you put on your UCAS form?

I've got both on mine... :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending