The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elle_mackenzie_x
been FISHED!!!!! found out I had been pooled for Christ's college yesterday for law, and have now been offered a place at robinson college! soo glad it was without interview!! good luck to everyone still waiting! xoxo

Well done :smile:
Reply 1321
Hi! thank you so much!! I found out 5pm this evening - they rang my house phone!! I had my mobile glued to me thinking they may ring me on that but in the end it was my home phone :smile: are you waiting?? xoxo

Ah well that's fantastic, well done!! :biggrin: I am waiting indeed, have lost almost all hope. I don't really mind if I get a rejection, I just want to know (like the majority of people sitting watching this post!!)
Reply 1322
Original post by Axion
Unfortunately those who applied for popular courses like sciences (like me) are very unlikely to be pooled successfully because almost all the other colleges are likely to have filled their quota at the start and pooled their own people

not really, I applied for maths and although i think I won't get place after looking at stats I am sure that a lot of people came from pool (about 1/5 of people doing maths got there through pool). So no, what I am assuming is that science is different in a way from other subjects (interview comments in it are are not as detailed since after all in maths interview all they do is make u do maths questions, no personal statement, nothing but maths) so I assume (assume is all we can do rly) that sciency people will be more likely to be pooled tomorrow or on monday (since we are more likely to be given direct offers without interview)
Original post by Axion
Unfortunately those who applied for popular courses like sciences (like me) are very unlikely to be pooled successfully because almost all the other colleges are likely to have filled their quota at the start and pooled their own people

You'd be surprised. Over the last five years, 17-20% of offer holders for NatSci were made an offer through the pool.
Original post by JKA17
Ah well that's fantastic, well done!! :biggrin: I am waiting indeed, have lost almost all hope. I don't really mind if I get a rejection, I just want to know (like the majority of people sitting watching this post!!)
aw thank you so much, and do not lose hope!!! its only the first day of them contacting people so you have a whole other week to see, but I understand the waiting - I was so gutted yesterday when I knew had had to wait even longer! what have you applied for? xoxo
Original post by Toaster999
I'm the guy you asked to play pool with, but then two students started playing.

I remember this happening, but can't remember what you look like :tongue:

Anyway, good luck in the pool :smile:

What are your UMS scores by the way?
Original post by chocoholic_x
PBS also, been pooled from King's. :smile: I'm pretty sure I've read every single post on here in my meticulous stalking of the thread (so stressed!) and I haven't seen anyone mention being fished for PBS. Contrary to what someone else said. :tongue:

Yeah I thought that someone did get an offer. Must have gotten confused, too many posts here! ;p Must be a good sign then, eh? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Axion

144 offers for Nat Sci from the pool last year (out of 738). And 99/506 from the pool for Maths
Reply 1328
aw thank you so much, and do not lose hope!!! its only the first day of them contacting people so you have a whole other week to see, but I understand the waiting - I was so gutted yesterday when I knew had had to wait even longer! what have you applied for? xoxo

I applied for history at Magdalene which was just averagely popular :/
The wait is excrutiating.
Reply 1329
Original post by Sharpeyj
Well it is getting shallower and shallower as colleges go fishing :/

I think this thread is misleading, to say the least. It's safe to say that there are a lot of people lurking at the moment, and they will only really post if they get fished - at which point the stats for swimmers : offers gets skewed. I know everyone still in the pool is worrying about all the people fished in their subject etc (and I am too), but there's still a lot of opportunity for all of us over the next few days. :smile:

There will be many more people who haven't posted here in exactly the same position as all of us.

Honestly, I think statistics are pointless right now. It's just about the individual. If you're good enough, you will be taken.
Hi! thank you so much!! I found out 5pm this evening - they rang my house phone!! I had my mobile glued to me thinking they may ring me on that but in the end it was my home phone :smile: are you waiting?? xoxo

May I ask what your UMS average is? Well done! :smile:
Another NatSci fish treading water here - agonising!

Well done to all those made offers today, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't envy you! :wink:
Original post by spacemenrule94
Still no word, either :frown: My mobile started buzzing an hour ago and I jumped straight across the room for it, but it was my friend asking "Any news?".

Personally, I think it'd make more sense if Cambridge let people know if they'd been pooled sooner, like at Oxford, where they keep you at the college for an extra day to be interviewed by other colleges!

I know four people, including myself, who have been pooled by Downing for HSPS, one of whom was fished earlier today. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow but I really can't concentrate on my revision -.- Good luck! I hope we hear soon :s-smilie:
Reply 1333
Having a system were your chances decrease the longer you don't hear anything is incredibly cruel though.
Original post by The Polymath
I remember this happening, but can't remember what you look like :tongue:

Anyway, good luck in the pool :smile:

What are your UMS scores by the way?

Hahaha! You too! I've never bothered working my UMS out, & my 3 best aren't quite my 3 most relevant, so *shrugs*
Original post by nickyr212
Yeah I thought that someone did get an offer. Must have gotten confused, too many posts here! ;p Must be a good sign then, eh? :wink:

Indeed, it's easy to get lost on here. But yes, no news is good news! (Unless of course the news is that you've got an offer) :smile:

How are you feeling about being pooled?
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi guys,

I have been following this page and I would like to share my pool status.

I have been placed into the pool by Caius (architecture). Although I loved that college.. their organisation this year has been horrible! I am an EU student and btw last year my friend (EU as well) was called back for reinterview from the pool. So it is not quite sure that they will not call you back if you are EU. I believe it applies to non-EU international applicants.

Getting fished for architecture is so unlikely. I am getting so down. :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
I really doubt I'll get a place tbh I only have 5 stars at GCSE! Kinda glad I know I'll probably be rejected as then it's less of a disappointment Wooo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
This day has been unimaginably painful. Even though I'm really happy for everyone who has been fished so far, every offer has made me feel more and more depressed.

I think I've just about given up hope, but I'm trying to remind myself of the fact that the best university of the world thinks I'm worthy of a place, which you should all keep in mind!

Hugs all round! :smile:
Reply 1339
Original post by unbridled
This day has been unimaginably painful. Even though I'm really happy for everyone who has been fished so far, every offer has made me feel more and more depressed.

I think I've just about given up hope, but I'm trying to remind myself of the fact that the best university of the world thinks I'm worthy of a place, which you should all keep in mind!

Hugs all round! :smile:

Hey, it's only the first day (half day at that)!

Latest

Trending

Trending