The Student Room Group

Overall BTEC Level 3 grades

Does anyone know how to work out the overall grades? I have looked at the specification, but don't understand it.

I need to work out the following:
Merit, Pass, Pass
Merit, Distinction, Merit, Pass, Merit, Merit
Merit, Merit, Distinction, Merit, Merit, Distinction

All units are 10 credits each. The qualifications are QCF BTEC Nationals.

Then I am considering studying a BTEC Level 3 Diploma, where 2 units are 5 credits, the rest are 10 credits. So that is 7 units. How do I work out the overall grade.

Please help! Thanks. :smile:
You only have 15 units listed and a full Level 3 Diploma is 18 units.
However, if you look at the link on Edexcel at;
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/BTEC%20Nationals%20from%202010/Nationals-Business-supplementary-credit-and-grading-notes.pdf
you can work out your total score from any combination.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by bamtutor
You only have 15 units listed and a full Level 3 Diploma is 18 units.
However, if you look at the link on Edexcel at;
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/BTEC Nationals from 2010/Nationals-Business-supplementary-credit-and-grading-notes.pdf
you can work out your total score from any combination.

The 15 units listed are as follows:
BTEC Level 3 Certificate - 3 units
2 BTEC Level 3 Sub Dips = 6 units each
TOTAL = 15 units

So what would the overall Certificate and Sub Dip grades be overall? I don't understand the Edexcel thing, what does it mean points above Pass?

Also a Diploma is 12 units, I may be starting that from September. 18 units is an extended Diploma.
Reply 3
Any replies much appreciated. This is important.

Thanks.
Reply 4
Please could somebody reply soon? Much appreciated.
Reply 6
What qualification (subsidiary diploma, diploma?) are you studying and how many units have you completed? I'm confused!
If you have a BTEC Sub Dip that will include the 3 units from the Certificate (you don't add them together)
I also don't understand how you can be studying for 2 different Level 3 Diplomas.

I would need full details of everything to enable me to work this out. The easier and quicker option would be to speak to your Tutor on Monday and he / she can explain it fully.
Reply 8
Original post by bamtutor
If you have a BTEC Sub Dip that will include the 3 units from the Certificate (you don't add them together)
I also don't understand how you can be studying for 2 different Level 3 Diplomas.

I would need full details of everything to enable me to work this out. The easier and quicker option would be to speak to your Tutor on Monday and he / she can explain it fully.

Well, in one subject I only done the Certificate (3 units)
Then I done the Certificate for 2 other subjects alongside that and continued those 2 to Sub Dip in my second and final year.

So in June I will have 1 Certificate (3 units) and 2 Sub Dips (6 units each)

My Certificate has: MERIT, PASS, PASS
My first Sub Dip has: MERIT, DISTINCTION, MERIT, PASS, MERIT, MERIT
My second Sub Dip has: MERIT, MERIT, DISTINCTION, MERIT, MERIT, DISTINCTION

According to what I know that should mean I have P, M and D overall for the 3 qualifications.

Then the subject which has a D I may continue to a BTEC Level 3 Diploma (7 more units) to achieve Grade DM overall in that subject.

So in the end I will have 1 Certificate, 1 Sub Dip and 1 Diploma at P, M and DM.

Not sure if that is all correct though.

The link provided by 20z12, confirms my theory.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by KH94
Well, in one subject I only done the Certificate (3 units)
Then I done the Certificate for 2 other subjects alongside that and continued those 2 to Sub Dip in my second and final year.

So in June I will have 1 Certificate (3 units) and 2 Sub Dips (6 units each)

My Certificate has: MERIT, PASS, PASS
My first Sub Dip has: MERIT, DISTINCTION, MERIT, PASS, MERIT, MERIT
My second Sub Dip has: MERIT, MERIT, DISTINCTION, MERIT, MERIT, DISTINCTION

According to what I know that should mean I have P, M and D overall for the 3 qualifications.

Then the subject which has a D I may continue to a BTEC Level 3 Diploma (7 more units) to achieve Grade DM overall in that subject.

So in the end I will have 1 Certificate, 1 Sub Dip and 1 Diploma at P, M and DM.

Not sure if that is all correct though.

The link provided by 20z12, confirms my theory.

Email edexcel they should tell you exactly. That link is useful though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending