The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by TheHaylio
My brother said the same thing about having a boyfriend to me hahah!
I applied for straight economics elsewhere :P

(I'm still shaking a little bit hahaha! )

So why Land Economy for Cambridge, then?
I always applied for economics, even Cambridge...
Reply 841
Original post by rajiv.dua07
Caaaius!!!! Y u lie to me about decision sending date?!?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I don't think they lied. I just don't think they have arrived as of yet.
Original post by Pandin
So why Land Economy for Cambridge, then?
I always applied for economics, even Cambridge...

Cambridge was the only place that did Land economy? And the economics course was super mathsy at cambridge, which i wouldn't mind but i wanted to focus on more development stuff
Reply 843
Cambridge was the only place that did Land economy? And the economics course was super mathsy at cambridge, which i wouldn't mind but i wanted to focus on more development stuff

Legit :yes:
Reply 844
So many people pooled to Newnham. I once heard there was a fire alarm and more guys came out than girls... (in all seriousness the party i went to there had more boys than girls)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 845
how long does the pooling last?
Reply 846
Original post by Fresh91
how long does the pooling last?

Well the actual fishing bit is already done, we're just waiting for them to actually communicate the decision, which could be pretty much any time in the next 10 days.
Original post by Pandin
Legit :yes:

Have you got an offer for econ? :smile:
No way. No way.

I just got pooled to Newnham from Clare... for Land Economy! We are the only 2 Land Ec offer holders. Ahhhhhh crazy!

Omgoshhhhh

Original post by (:emily.
Hey guys, just been pooled to Newnham too! :biggrin:

Hi there, fellow Newnhamites! :smile: I was actually a direct applicant and during the interviews I saw a current student walking around barefoot in a bathrobe. :wink: So all that stuff about hanging around with no makeup and proper clothes might actually be true. :tongue: Anyway, I loved the college, I don't think we should worry much about the all-girls aspect. And of course, congrats on getting an offer!
Original post by bíborcsiga
Hi there, fellow Newnhamites! :smile: I was actually a direct applicant and during the interviews I saw a current student walking around barefoot in a bathrobe. :wink: So all that stuff about hanging around with no makeup and proper clothes might actually be true. :tongue: Anyway, I loved the college, I don't think we should worry much about the all-girls aspect. And of course, congrats on getting an offer!

Ahh thanks and hi! There seem to be a lot of us!
What made you pick Newnham? :smile:
Ahh thanks and hi! There seem to be a lot of us!
What made you pick Newnham? :smile:

Indeed, I wanted to quote all the Newnham offer holders I saw, then realised that there's actually quite a lot of us!

Well, most of my reasons are to do with my subject, but to list some things that might be relevant to you too... The buildings and gardens are truly amazing! It's literally across the road from most of the Arts faculties. All rooms cost the same, so everyone gets the chance to live in the best rooms (as they progress through their course) regardless of their financial situation. Also, Europe's (second?) longest corridor is also in Newnham, originally built to protect the ladies from the rain. :smile: You might know all these if you've already visited/read the alternative prospectus, but I feel like I could go on for ages about how underrated yet great Newnham is. :smile: (Sorry for the long response.)
Reply 851
My brother said the same thing about having a boyfriend to me hahah!
I applied for straight economics elsewhere :P

(I'm still shaking a little bit hahaha! )

Brothers are so lovely! Same, still can't believe I got in, a phone call doesn't seem definite enough compared to the letter I got yesterday haha.

Hey! Congrats to you too :smile:
Indeed, I wanted to quote all the Newnham offer holders I saw, then realised that there's actually quite a lot of us!

Well, most of my reasons are to do with my subject, but to list some things that might be relevant to you too... The buildings and gardens are truly amazing! It's literally across the road from most of the Arts faculties. All rooms cost the same, so everyone gets the chance to live in the best rooms (as they progress through their course) regardless of their financial situation. Also, Europe's (second?) longest corridor is also in Newnham, originally built to protect the ladies from the rain. :smile: You might know all these if you've already visited/read the alternative prospectus, but I feel like I could go on for ages about how underrated yet great Newnham is. :smile: (Sorry for the long response.)

Sounds nice :smile: how is the accomodation layed out? like how many people share bathrooms and kitchens etc :biggrin:

Brothers are so lovely! Same, still can't believe I got in, a phone call doesn't seem definite enough compared to the letter I got yesterday haha.

Hey! Congrats to you too :smile:

I know! I reallyyyy want a letter hahaha
Reply 853
I know! I reallyyyy want a letter hahaha

Did she tell you your conditions on the phone? I have no idea what I need to get - really hope it's AAA :frown:
Did she tell you your conditions on the phone? I have no idea what I need to get - really hope it's AAA :frown:

no she didn't but i presume mine is A*AA as thats the standard offer!
I've been pooled from King's into Christ's! :smile: so happy! :biggrin:
Reply 856
Original post by _b3th_
Laura? (forgive the spelling) if it is who I'm thinking of you stayed in Downing on the 10th and you came into our room to borrow a make up wipe? We were neighbours haha x

Yeeees!! That's me!! OMG how did yo do??
Reply 857
no she didn't but i presume mine is A*AA as thats the standard offer!

Yeah, I'm Scottish and we don't have A* so I'm not sure, we do have a slight equivalent but it's not an official grade. And I'm doing 4 subjects but hope the offer is only on 3!

Reply 858
Have you got an offer for econ? :smile:

Yup, got pooled as you, but from Caius to Christ's...

See you in CAMBRIDGE, simply amazing! :wink:
Yeah, I'm Scottish and we don't have A* so I'm not sure, we do have a slight equivalent but it's not an official grade. And I'm doing 4 subjects but hope the offer is only on 3!

Which college and subject? Only the most picky colleges ask for band 1s. Normally it's just AAA.

Latest

Trending

Trending