The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by stephglen10
I've been pooled from King's into Christ's! :smile: so happy! :biggrin:

Which subject, me too?!?
Hi,

This may sound like a strange question but how do you know whether you were pooled or not? As I was under the impression that the letter received would specify if you were getting: 1) an offer 2) pooled or 3) unsuccessful. But I've heard of some people getting the 'unsuccessful' letter then getting re-interviewed, which confused me slightly.

So how do you know whether you have been pooled or not?

Cheers
Reply 862
Original post by ukdragon37
Which college and subject? Only the most picky colleges ask for band 1s. Normally it's just AAA.

Bio Natsci at Newnham - probably will be just AAA then.
Original post by Pandin
Yup, got pooled as you, but from Caius to Christ's...

See you in CAMBRIDGE, simply amazing! :wink:

Ahhh cool :biggrin: well done"!
Original post by TheHaylio
Sounds nice :smile: how is the accomodation layed out? like how many people share bathrooms and kitchens etc :biggrin:

I stayed in Old Hall, which is mainly for freshers and is I think the most basic accommodation. I didn't see the kitchens unfortunately, but the bathroom situation was much better than I'd expected. There was a shower (and many sinks) right next to the room I stayed in, and there weren't many other rooms on the corridor... maybe three? So overall it looked perfectly fine. :smile: There are supposed to be ensuites as well, but those always go to third years I guess.
Original post by lsd95
Yeeees!! That's me!! OMG how did yo do??

Thought so! Congrats again on your offer! How was London? Pooled- still waiting:frown: x
Original post by bíborcsiga
I stayed in Old Hall, which is mainly for freshers and is I think the most basic accommodation. I didn't see the kitchens unfortunately, but the bathroom situation was much better than I'd expected. There was a shower (and many sinks) right next to the room I stayed in, and there weren't many other rooms on the corridor... maybe three? So overall it looked perfectly fine. :smile: There are supposed to be ensuites as well, but those always go to third years I guess.

that sounds awesome :biggrin: :biggrin: exciting!
Reply 867
Original post by _b3th_
Thought so! Congrats again on your offer! How was London? Pooled- still waiting:frown: x

London was great, what an amazing city! And SO BIG (and cold haha)! I went to LSE, which looks amazing, but has nothing to do with Cambridge. :smile:

Very sad indeed to hear about you being pooled, it would have been great to have you as a college mate. :frown: But I wish you the best luck ever and hope to see you next year!!
Original post by Muppet Science
Hi,

This may sound like a strange question but how do you know whether you were pooled or not? As I was under the impression that the letter received would specify if you were getting: 1) an offer 2) pooled or 3) unsuccessful. But I've heard of some people getting the 'unsuccessful' letter then getting re-interviewed, which confused me slightly.

So how do you know whether you have been pooled or not?

Cheers

You get an "unsuccessful" letter, and it has a paragraph about pooling in it. For example, the second paragraph of my letter said I hadn't been pooled.
Very sad indeed to hear about you being pooled, it would have been great to have you as a college mate. :frown: But I wish you the best luck ever and hope to see you next year!!

Sounds fun! Glad you enjoyed! Awh thank you, not going to lie I am gutted. Would have been lovely to have been college friends! This is sophie the blonde one by the way haha, Emily (the other girl in my room) has been pooled also so we're both waiting for some news. Fingers crossed it be good! I hope to see you next year!x
Original post by Qwertish
You get an "unsuccessful" letter, and it has a paragraph about pooling in it. For example, the second paragraph of my letter said I hadn't been pooled.

Oh because mine doesn't say anything about pooling, so I assume it was a straight rejection. But a friend had the same scenario last year and got re-interviewed (without anything being said about pooling in their letter) so I am a bit confused :P
Don't get my hopes up, lol :P Then again, mine does specifically say I've not been pooled, so... :L

What college did you apply to?
Don't get my hopes up, lol :P Then again, mine does specifically say I've not been pooled, so... :L

What college did you apply to?

Jesus, you? Yeah it's just confusing as to what is going on, ah well life goes on :smile:
Jesus, you? Yeah it's just confusing as to what is going on, ah well life goes on :smile:

Emmanuel :smile:

Ah well, I'll be going to London come October now. I'm actually quite looking forward to it, I think it's the kind of City that's better to be in when you're young :P
Emmanuel :smile:

Ah well, I'll be going to London come October now. I'm actually quite looking forward to it, I think it's the kind of City that's better to be in when you're young :P

Let me guess, UCL? And yeah London is quite big and buzzy :smile: Which subject did you apply for?
Let me guess, UCL? And yeah London is quite big and buzzy :smile: Which subject did you apply for?

Imperial Firm, UCL Insurance, so either way I'll be down there :smile:

I applied for Physics :smile:
Original post by Pandin
Which subject, me too?!?

MML! you? :biggrin:
Original post by sickoftheslaughter
Wow you live in Malaysia, I'm so jealous! I know I've heard, when I tried to contact them over previous issues they took a few weeks to reply so their admissions staff aren't fantastically fast!

You should come visit Malaysia sometime. :smile: Ah I see. So they do have a track record of not being very fast. Oh wells my fingers will stay crossed until I get the email on Monday. I'm ever so nervous. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tianci
Don't worry. Someone has phoned the Catz adm office and they said they will send out all email on Monday

Yup, I know. :smile: Still pretty nervous about the whole thing though. I wonder why some Catz applicants have heard from them but the rest of us haven't. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 879
I'm waiting to hear from Jesus myself. :/ This is so aggravating...

Latest

Trending

Trending