The Student Room Group

Dropping an AS level...

Hello!

I do 4 AS Levels at the moment: Drama, Media, History and RE. However I absolutely HATE RE and don't understand it AT ALL! :redface: :frown: So... If I dropped RE now (as in before the end of the year and exams) would I still be able to get into university at the end of Year 13? I want to study Media Production or Drama! Any help would be really helpful as I really feel like crying over this :frown: :mad:

Thank you!
I was thinking the same! Most universities' entry requirements say you need 3 A-levels, but a few say an additional AS is required. My advice would be to look at the course requirements at unis you are considering and if they don't specifically say you need an extra AS you should be fine to drop :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by justanothertechie
Hello!

I do 4 AS Levels at the moment: Drama, Media, History and RE. However I absolutely HATE RE and don't understand it AT ALL! :redface: :frown: So... If I dropped RE now (as in before the end of the year and exams) would I still be able to get into university at the end of Year 13? I want to study Media Production or Drama! Any help would be really helpful as I really feel like crying over this :frown: :mad:

Thank you!

You would be able to drop your 4th subject in A2. Universities tell you you only need 3 A-Levels but good Universities sometimes require you to have an additional AS Level.

You should be fine as long as you do not fail or get a bad grade in any of them :smile:
I dropped one, however I am taking up AS Maths after my January modules and aiming to self teach in 4 months :rolleyes: wish me luck.. haha
Reply 4
Original post by polaritymolecule
I dropped one, however I am taking up AS Maths after my January modules and aiming to self teach in 4 months :rolleyes: wish me luck.. haha

Fair enough, as long as you can produce good grades, its all good!

And good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest