The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by darbyj
Yeah, so pleased I did too, all of my offers have been 2 grade :biggrin: No, they just said not general studies, which is fine because I don't do GS haha :tongue: all my subjects this year are sciences and f. maths so I guess it doesn't matter, did they for you? Haha yeah barring a disaster, I plan on being there come October :biggrin:

Haha yeah - they just said no general studies :tongue: Same as you, doing sciences and f.maths and should almost definitely be there in October :^_^:. How did your interviews go? :smile:
Reply 321
Original post by hogwartian1993
Personal ill health (I self taught myself my A2s) and the fact that a gap year would a. give me the chance to apply to Cambridge after messing up UCAS last year and b. I had loads of opportunities to prepare for the degree like doing a GCSE in Latin and volunteer work. The offer I held was ABB for a university that I didn't want an a course I didn't want to do - it was a no brainer for me.

I got A*s in Classical Civilisation, Politics and an A in History. The A is expected to rise to an A* when I resit coursework next month as I was really ill when it was being produced last year.

Gap years are difficult and sometimes you feel really lonely but its all worth it when you get into the university you wanted to - let me tell you! x

Well, I am very glad that it all worked out! :smile:
Reply 322
Does anyone know how many NatSci offers are made from each college approximately??

I'll be studying PhysNatSci at Caius should i meet my offer
Reply 323
Hey guys. i got fished from the pool today by robinson. any other medics know what they are offering. they just phoned me and said that i would be getting the letter next week :biggrin:
Reply 324
Original post by n.confused
Have an A*A*A offer too... :frown:
Don't know how I'm going to get an A* in Further Maths... I'm going with being one of the worst applicants to get a place in my case!

What did you apply for? :smile:
Reply 325
Original post by nkspence1
Hey guys. i got fished from the pool today by robinson. any other medics know what they are offering. they just phoned me and said that i would be getting the letter next week :biggrin:

One of my friends got in there for medicine, A*AAA was his offer :smile: congrats on being fished btw!
Original post by Noonoo
Any more kings HSPS?

just the two of us it seems!! They were planning on giving out 14 offers I think?
Original post by johnttam
Does anyone know how many NatSci offers are made from each college approximately??

Normally it says on their website, most of them seem to take around 20. And well done on the offer!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 328
Hey, any Downing (HSPS would be great) offer holders around? :biggrin:
Original post by weiyaoli
Did anyone else get an offer of A*A*A*? I think I somewhat expected a high offer (if any at all) considering how terribly the second half of my interview went.

weiyaoo this is hannah!! haahahahaha I didn't know you were on here! well done!! see you in english :smile:
Reply 330
Original post by lieseldante
I've just got an offer from Fitz to study English. See you guys there!

Hey there, same! I guess we'll be getting to know each other... :smile:
Reply 331
Original post by PartonProduct
Hey guys!
I'm in for Phys Nat Sci - offer: just 2 A's at Fitzwilliam college :biggrin:!!

Is anyone else in for Fitz (please say yes, haven't found ANYONE yet :colondollar:)

Oh, and congratz to everyone here :tongue:

Hello, I'll be at Fitz too! (If all goes to plan!). For English :smile:
Reply 332
Original post by katiemcswiney
What is your secret? I'm really worried. I'm hoping for an A* in Biology and Chemistry - not sure whether to study Mathematics/History at A2, what do you recommend? I'm sure I could attain an A/A* in History but I'm worried that I won't be able to get that in Maths...HELP?

I'm planning on applying for Medicine. Very competitive, I know.

I've gotten into a very good sixth form (currently in year 11 still) - thinking ahead I suppose. Is there anything I can do now that would make my application stand out/enhance it at all? Apart from work experience - I've got that covered. Another qualification? A study outside of school?

I'm on my way to 8 A*s at GCSE. Should be fine - they're easy enough compared to A levels (I'm study Chemistry, Biology and Maths early as I have finished these GCSEs a long time ago).

Please? I'm on my knees begging for advice here. I want the best education I can, as you guys do and are going to get... congratulations to all of you!

Passion, that's the best advice anyone could have given me. It's great that you're doing stuff, that you're doing A Levels early, it shows you're a smart kid. But you have to LOVE what you do, it's got to be vocational. You can be the world's greatest genius, but that means nothing if you don't transmit what you feel about your subject. I'm an arts person, but that doesn't matter. At the end of the day, interviewers at uni, companies or wherever you end up in life want to work with someone who is passionate and committed. Read about your subjects (books or articles you think are interesting) outside school and talk to other vets you may know, it's the best way to get to know your degree in depth. And don't stress- enjoy what you do! :smile:
Original post by TheCrazyFool95
Hey, is there anyone from Trinity Hall for Linguistics here? Feeling a wee lonesome :frown:

Another Linguist! :smile:
Original post by johnttam

Overall it's about 1 in 4. If you want to know specifics then take a look here. It looks like Caius is a bit below 1 in 4, but Caius could well attract high quality applicants because people get pooled from Caius and Caius don't look in the pool for other applicants.
I am quite excited to post here... But being a maths applicant I'm very far from being in yet.
Reply 336
Hello all,

Have been reading these threads avidly but haven't joined up till now!

Basically I applied to St John's for English for entry 2013 and have been offered a deferred place- am slightly confused as on the website it says how difficult it is to get one etc. etc. unless you have extremely worthy plans for your gap year closely connected to your subject and that you have to be top 50% of the people they'd take anyway. I might have mentioned something about quite wanting a gap year at the interview, but its all a bit of a hot blur, and I definitely don't have any plans.

Is anyone else in same boat / know why I have got this? I thought they pooled you if you were on the edge of the group they wante? I mean of course and offer is an offer so not really complaining!

Thanks X
Reply 337
Congratulations everyone! I don't suppose there's anyone else out there on tsr with an offer for Medicine at Catz?

(St Catharines, Medicine, A*AA)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by susseruss
Hello, I'll be at Fitz too! (If all goes to plan!). For English :smile:

Yey :smile: hopefully see you at freshers :beer: !
What kind of things do you reckon everyone will get up to during freshers?! :tongue:
Reply 339
Original post by Asbs
Hello all,

Have been reading these threads avidly but haven't joined up till now!

Basically I applied to St John's for English for entry 2013 and have been offered a deferred place- am slightly confused as on the website it says how difficult it is to get one etc. etc. unless you have extremely worthy plans for your gap year closely connected to your subject and that you have to be top 50% of the people they'd take anyway. I might have mentioned something about quite wanting a gap year at the interview, but its all a bit of a hot blur, and I definitely don't have any plans.

Is anyone else in same boat / know why I have got this? I thought they pooled you if you were on the edge of the group they wante? I mean of course and offer is an offer so not really complaining!

Thanks X

Oh wow, well done! If it's an offer it means they definitely want you! I'm guessing they went off what you said in interview and think you'll be better for having one... Or maybe they think you'd definitely be good enough in a year's time and just need the few extra months? Huh that's confusing. Well done anyway!! It sounds like you got exactly what you wanted :smile:

What kind of thing do you think you might do?

Latest

Trending

Trending