The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iCiaran
Seems like being a girl is an advantage in the pool, since the majority of people getting fished seem to be going to female only colleges :tongue:

Why is there a females only college in the first place? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wouldn't Mind being fished by Murray Edwards. Stayed there and it's sweet!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have any ideas what time they'll be contacting people from tomorrow?
Reply 1543
Original post by _b3th_

I'd like to know this too.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1544
Original post by _b3th_

Original post by Zhy
I'd like to know this too.

my guess would be from 9am onwards, but seeing as its a Sunday who knows. I hope to be conscious at around then anyway
Reply 1545
I really really want to ask my preference college why I was pooled and also ask them for feedback. (To Minerva) is this a bad idea?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1546
Original post by Zhy
Congrats, what time did you get fished? Did they contact you at 11 PM?

Sorry I didn't realise I had put the "just" in there, didn't think :P They rang my home phone at around 4.30ish
Reply 1547
Original post by pr100
Has any medical applicants been pooled in January 2013, if so for what college....I have an interview in Girton for Medicine after being fished from the pool...i was a little dissappointed I was called for interview, I thought you could get an offer without having to go back for another interview! Does anyone know if all medical pool applicants are reinterviewed or can they receive offers without a further interview?
It varies. Some medics get pool offers without further interview, and some don't.

Original post by economist17
Does anyone know when the majority of pool offers were given last year (i.e. first day after decision letters, second day after..)? I can't face trawling through last years thread. I just get the impression that we're all giving up hope far too early if we haven't heard anything today!
You are. News about offers comes in for several days from now.
Reply 1548
Original post by nickyr212
... these people be CRAZY.
Hey hey, don't leave us hanging! Email, right? I doubt they'd be calling at this ungodly hour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
What right now?!

No sorry about the confusion guys -didn't realise I put "just" in there - they called at 4.30
Reply 1549
Original post by ingénue
I really really want to ask my preference college why I was pooled and also ask them for feedback. (To Minerva) is this a bad idea?
At this point, yes. You can request feedback generally if you are unsuccessful, and the opportunity to do that will come later as appropriate.
Reply 1550
Original post by Minerva

Regarding open offers for medicine, do they tend to give them out to poolees or those who were fished for interview but ultimately unsuccessful, if that makes sense.
(edited 11 years ago)
Can we have a rule where you cannot say 'I just got fished' or anything to that extent, if you were not fished within 15 minutes of writing the post?

I don't feel like having any heart attacks because I think I should still be expecting a call at a time when I shouldn't :tongue:
So is the general opinion that (phys) nat sci offers/interviews will be sent out tomorrow?

Applied to Pembroke for Physical Natural Sciences. One interview dreadful, one was okay.
10A*s at GCSE, UMS average 98%

So im guessing I only qualified for pooling thanks to auto pool, the general opinion is that this is a bad thing right? :/

not much hope then?

good luck everyone :smile:
I've had 3 emails today from ASOS, getting my hopes up each time. F*** ASOS, I don't even like their clothes.
Original post by mick.the.fish
So is the general opinion that (phys) nat sci offers/interviews will be sent out tomorrow?

Applied to Pembroke for Physical Natural Sciences. One interview dreadful, one was okay.
10A*s at GCSE, UMS average 98%

So im guessing I only qualified for pooling thanks to auto pool, the general opinion is that this is a bad thing right? :/

not much hope then?

good luck everyone :smile:

The general opinion is that nobody knows whether it's a good/bad thing. Will differ from college to college and subject to subject. Although one might hazard a guess that UMS trumps interview when it comes to sciences...
Was anyone interviewed for engineering at Robinson first time round?
It says on the pool form that they make decisions between 05/01 - 07/01.
Still got a couple of days :smile:
Original post by Kidioteque
The general opinion is that nobody knows whether it's a good/bad thing. Will differ from college to college and subject to subject. Although one might hazard a guess that UMS trumps interview when it comes to sciences...

I guess that gives a bit of hope then :smile:
cheers
Original post by Kidioteque

As much as I want to disagree, I agree :colondollar:

My interviews went relatively okay but my UMS is low and I'm pooled. I'm fairly certain that UMS is the most important thing for the science courses
Original post by economist17
I've had 3 emails today from ASOS, getting my hopes up each time. F*** ASOS, I don't even like their clothes.

:rofl: (it's the ASOS thing that got me :tongue:)

Sorry about that :console:

Latest

Trending

Trending