The Student Room Group

Do you consider this body attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Impressive but in my opinion not attractive.
Maybe without the massive neck and thighs. :lolwut:
The chest area's nice however...

Original post by 2ndClass
Ok do you think this is a nicer body?

(this is not me btw)

Uft. That's more like it. :drool:

Oh and 19 btw.
(edited 11 years ago)
From what I've read, women are attracted to many traits but I don't think what your body looks like naked matters that much. Obviously, if you're an obese bastard dressed in horrible clothing then don't really expect too much. Likewise, if you're shredded but are socially awkward as ****, then that would obviously put off the girls.

Confidence, social skills, success and personality are more important, otherwise all of that PUA **** wouldn't be such a successful business. That stuff allows even the ugliest of people to pick up and sleep with chicks (just look at Neil Strauss..) However, once the girls realise it was just an act and that the guy can't keep it up, then obviously there won't be a relationship.

Also, notice the majority of guys the females are posting up tend to be pretty successful in their area, whether it's acting, music etc and have potrayed a likeable character to the general public. If you chucked in some nobody with a body that they suggest, I doubt they would actually be attracted at all. Similarly, if the guy in the OP was in the public domain, and was a successful comic for example, I think the girls views would be different.

If you're a man with a good body, obviously that will make you more confident. Plus if you dress well, this will add to your confidence. Girls will notice this straight off the bat and will obviously be attracted to this. Having a good body is often affiliated with good genes and traits too. However, I don't think the guys should be too astonished by the girls reactions in this and similar threads (although some have been pretty over the top if I'm being honest)..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cliffs: Girls attracted to success, personality, confidence etc..
Having a good body isn't paramount but gives you confidence
Lift because you enjoy it, don't do it just for the girls as that's just a losing battle.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..last nights drink has obviously not been metabolised yet, i'm still chatting all kinds of crap :colondollar:
Reply 223
Original post by Cybele

No...

It's too over the top. I like muscles generally but not like that. I don't like it when every single hair is waxed off either.

I wax my hair. It make me look nicer when im topless. Really don't see why some women like hair.
Yes, some of it, other bits, not so much.
I think his abs impressive, maybe even too big in fact, and his thighs are just not doing it for me; they look kinda robotic, like the legs of a transformer or something? :s-smilie:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 225
Original post by chriscao
I wax my hair. It make me look nicer when im topless. Really don't see why some women like hair.

Hair looks more masculine.
Original post by Cybele
Hair looks more masculine.

Hm, sometimes. Though I think it depends. Although men who look really hairy look far from feminine, I find their bodies 100 times less attractive than the body of a waxed man..especially if he's toned :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 227
Original post by Slothsftws
You're confusing social gender constructs with the word natural. That isn't true at all. If men were meant to be naturally muscular you wouldn't have to work out, no man has ever looked like the OP without training the body. That is more siding with unnatural as you have to work so hard to achieve it.

The guys who put so much emphasis on bodies always leave their faces out, I wonder why. To me it is unattractive, it screams vanity and insecurity.

A guys face matters way more than his body. A guy with a better face can get a million times the attention then a ugly guy who works out and is whole topic of conversation considers of "sick delts brah".

I like both these guys, one is muscular, one isn't, BOTH have nice faces.

StarRhodes2.jpg rupert_friend3.jpg

Also notice in the wwe how it is the least muscular guys who all the girls like, such as Cody Rhodes, cm punk etc are all consider way more attractive than John Cena. The girls like muscles myth is so silly.

Plenty of men are muscular without working out, I know some. At any rate, men are expected to be more muscular than women but it's also natural that we are, so I wouldn't really call it a gender construct. And it's not unnatural, it's just that most people these days don't do as much work outside of the gym as our ancestors, 10 or 20 thousand years ago or even longer. If you were out hunting large animals, carrying their carcasses home and regularly fighting other people you'd get pretty big too.

Original post by cyfer
Minus the silicone tits :smile:

Yeah girls are scared to lift heavy where in reality they need to get toned

Good point but still, I would :wink: They are, really sucks major dick.
Original post by Ice Constricter
I don't think you're reading the same thread as me then.

Btw, I hope you know when I say the posts call him "disgusting" you shouldn't take it literally right? There are other ways to insult someone without using that word. Words like "ew/yuck/gross/unhuman" are included. And I can bet for the life of me I've read way more than 1 insulting reply in this thread.

But hey, I probably sound like a moaning bitch now, I seriously need to get over this..

I'm not taking it literally, heh. I was only looking at one page and the only really rude thing I read was "urgh" or something along those lines. But perhaps it was worse in earlier pages!

When you post pictures of yourself on the internet, you open yourself up to criticism. People shouldn't be rude but this is the internet and the anonymity makes it almost inevitable, which is all too evident on this website, unfortunately.
Original post by HenryD
Plenty of men are muscular without working out

Show me one man who has never trained who is muscular. This idea that men are naturally blessed with muscles is laughable.

At any rate, men are expected to be more muscular than women but it's also natural that we are,

But how is it natural when you have to TRAIN your body? You have to modify it, no one is born like the OP.

so I wouldn't really call it a gender construct.

That men are naturally muscley and women if women muscley that's unnatural? Yes that is a gender construct. If both work out, both can be muscley, as stated men aren't born with a body like the one in the OP.
Original post by 2ndClass
Ok do you think this is a nicer body?

(this is not me btw)

I think that kind of body is better than the OP picture, the muscle on the other guy is impressive but I think it looks weird, as if its about to go through his skin. In a way he's too muscly. This guy looks more lean and athletic whereas your other guy is just brawny.
Original post by mr_connery
I saw this question posted on another site and I'm curious to see what people on here think, so I've pasted the original question below.

"Hi there, I want to sort out the arguments a lot of people seem to have about muscular bodies and female attraction to it. So I thought "Where could I get better answers than here?". I really hope you can help me making a little poll. Do you consider this kind of body attractive?

http://i.imgur.com/XrD8g.png

To make it easy to collect the answers please reply with the following form:

Do you like this body?:

If no, why not?

What is the dreambody a man could have?(Picture)"

I'm neither here nor there
Looks after himself but Deltoids look a bit silly. Wouldn't be a deal breaker if he was a nice guy (which I what I look for anyway)
I prefer skinny men :love:
18, nope - too muscular.
With some girls, probably stupid girls who can't speak correctly he would look 'well fit, innit', but to most, with their own built up attractions and fantasies, probably not.
Reply 233
Show me one man who has never trained who is muscular. This idea that men are naturally blessed with muscles is laughable.

But how is it natural when you have to TRAIN your body? You have to modify it, no one is born like the OP.

That men are naturally muscley and women if women muscley that's unnatural? Yes that is a gender construct. If both work out, both can be muscley, as stated men aren't born with a body like the one in the OP.

It's really not, any profession which requires hard manual labour will be muscular. I have a friend who's 6 months younger than me and only started going to the gym a few months ago and he's huge, 6 foot 1 well over 13 stone with no fat on him at 16. Obviously someone who sits on their ass all day is less likely to be than someone who trains, the point is that naturally men are more muscular and we gain muscle easier. That's my point, if you take average men and average women who don't work out the men will be stronger than the women generally. Not a gender construct, it's simply the fact that being muscular is a sign of health for men to a greater degree than for women.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/356452-is-it-harder-for-women-to-build-muscle/
Muscle building is a natural process? How is it unnatural, your body is reacting to stimulus, it would be possible for him to get that big without specialized equipment, it's just that it would be harder. What that stimulus is doesn't really make it less natural.
As I stated and backed up with a study, it's not a gender construct, men are naturally more physically endowned. Which is why the male weightlifting records are significantly higher than female ones and why men are generally stronger than women.
Wow. Yes.

I couldn't date a really skinny guy, I'd feel incredibly self conscious.
Original post by HenryD
It's really not, any profession which requires hard manual labour will be muscular.

That's still exercise, you won't look like the OP through manual labour, that guy focuses on specific parts of his body as well as keeping his body fat low through diet.

Obviously someone who sits on their ass all day is less likely to be than someone who trains

Likely? No definitely. I ask again show me a muscley man who doesn't get it through working out? You can't, duh.

the point is that naturally men are more muscular and we gain muscle easier

No they aren't naturally muscular though, you have to work out, no one is born muscular without working out. You said:

The difference is that males are naturally supposed to be muscular and females aren't.

Supposed by who? Society. It isn't nature that men are muscular, it because they work out. So how can you then say it isn't natural for women to be muscular? When it is due to hard work not nature.

That's my point, if you take average men and average women who don't work out the men will be stronger than the women generally.

That doesn't mean men naturally are muscular and women aren't, a fat man could probably over power a muscular woman.

Muscle building is a natural process? How is it unnatural, your body is reacting to stimulus, it would be possible for him to get that big without specialized equipment, it's just that it would be harder. What that stimulus is doesn't really make it less natural.

Everything that occurs in change is natural, I don't think you understand the word. I'm saying it is not the natural state of a human being, you have to target specific parts of your body to modify it.

As I stated and backed up with a study, it's not a gender construct, men are naturally more physically endowned. Which is why the male weightlifting records are significantly higher than female ones and why men are generally stronger than women.

That men are supposed to be muscular and women aren't? Yes that is a social/gender construct. A skinny guy can be stronger than a woman, this isn't about strength I'm talking about muscular build of which requires hard work from both genders. The fact that women don't build as much muscle doesn't make it unnatural or mean they aren't supposed to be muscular. If biology didn't want them to be muscular they wouldn't have that ability which they evidently do. There's nothing unnatural about it.
That's still exercise, you won't look like the OP through manual labour, that guy focuses on specific parts of his body as well as keeping his body fat low through diet.

Likely? No definitely. I ask again show me a muscley man who doesn't get it through working out? You can't, duh.

No they aren't naturally muscular though, you have to work out, no one is born muscular without working out. You said:

Supposed by who? Society. It isn't nature that men are muscular, it because they work out. So how can you then say it isn't natural for women to be muscular? When it is due to hard work not nature.

That doesn't mean men naturally are muscular and women aren't, a fat man could probably over power a muscular woman.

Everything that occurs in change is natural, I don't think you understand the word. I'm saying it is not the natural state of a human being, you have to target specific parts of your body to modify it.

That men are supposed to be muscular and women aren't? Yes that is a social/gender construct. A skinny guy can be stronger than a woman, this isn't about strength I'm talking about muscular build of which requires hard work from both genders. The fact that women don't build as much muscle doesn't make it unnatural or mean they aren't supposed to be muscular. If biology didn't want them to be muscular they wouldn't have that ability which they evidently do. There's nothing unnatural about it.

Its possible to be naturally muscular aka without working out as a guy. Obviously not to the extent of the picture in the OP but its still possible...at least to the point that people dont believe me when I tell them I've never lifted a weight in my life.

And you're wrong. Its much harder for women to build muscle due to a lack of testosterone and other hormones. Seriously, I don't know who told you it was just as easy for women to build muscle as guys. Completely wrong.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 237
believe me. 99% of girls would find that guy attractive
Reply 238

Do you like this body?: nope

If no, why not? not gay
You're confusing social gender constructs with the word natural. That isn't true at all. If men were meant to be naturally muscular you wouldn't have to work out, no man has ever looked like the OP without training the body. That is more siding with unnatural as you have to work so hard to achieve it.

Natural does not mean no effort. Of course, men aren't supposed to look like the guy in the OP, but they are naturally meant to be more muscular than females. Is a biological fact, not social construct.

The only reason you think it is a social construct is that modern society makes us live a sedentary lifestyle. If we were to live like we had to in the wild, in our natural habitat, we would be a hell of a lot more muscular then the common modern man. You wouldn't stick a lion in a garden for its whole life and then say it isn't naturally supposed to be muscular. Natural does not mean 'born like that' or 'no effort'.

Women have to work MUCH harder to get the same level of muscle a man can achieve. Males are made to be more muscular than females.
If anything is a social construct, it is our lack of muscle.

Also notice in the wwe how it is the least muscular guys who all the girls like, such as Cody Rhodes, cm punk etc are all consider way more attractive than John Cena. The girls like muscles myth is so silly.

How about going back to you first idea, social constructs?
The fact is that from an evolutionary standpoint, the stronger a male is, the more likely he is to get a mate.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest