The Student Room Group

how to tell if he just wants to get into your pants

Please help

if you have just started seeing a guy how can you tell he is only after one thing and he doesn't want to get to know you and stuff.

Scroll to see replies

He would try to get into your pants early into the relationship.
Reply 2
Constantly asking and pressuring I guess.
Reply 3
Have sex with him, then ask him to go out for dinner or see a film or some other typical date. If he says no, he just wanted to get into your pants.
Reply 4
Original post by Hopple
Have sex with him, then ask him to go out for dinner or see a film or some other typical date. If he says no, he just wanted to get into your pants.

lol kinda defeats the purpose
Reply 5
Original post by Last Chance
He would try to get into your pants early into the relationship.

Sort of, but not necessarily.

If the guy sounds genuinely interested in you then that's a good sign, but watch out for how much he wants the sex as opposed to the talk and time together. Of course, guys can want lots of sex and simultaneously enjoy spending time with you, so don't assume that just because he wants sex from the get-go he is shallow.

One way to test would be to not have sex and see how long he lasts for, or to have sex and then see how long he lasts for after that, in wanting more.
Reply 6
Original post by Jack93o
lol kinda defeats the purpose

The OP just wanted to know how to find out, said nothing about which had to be first :tongue:
Don't put out.
Reply 8
It doesn't matter if he's only trying to get into your pants - if you don't let him in! At least not for a few dates. You don't want him to think you're easy either (or frigid). I'd say 3rd date is the norm.
Reply 9
Original post by Cinglis95
It doesn't matter if he's only trying to get into your pants - if you don't let him in! At least not for a few dates. You don't want him to think you're easy either (or frigid). I'd say 3rd date is the norm.

What does that even mean? People are so vastly different in this regard how can you even consider trying to come up with a "norm".
Reply 10
Hate to burst your bubble OP but that is what all straight guys want. Within a relationship there isn't anything more than making babies, that is the peak of every relationship, some women want abstract unattainable things such as love but realists can skip all that and get down to business (preferably with protection), which is what a relationship is all about.
Reply 11
Original post by danny111
how can you even consider trying to come up with a "norm".

Norm simply refers to the average - what one can reasonably expect to find if one picks a random datum.
Reply 12
Original post by Treeroy
Norm simply refers to the average - what one can reasonably expect to find if one picks a random datum.

I know what a norm is, I'm saying it's ludicrous to come up with one in this instance.
If he asks "Please may I get into your pants?" then he wants to marry you.
Reply 14
If he is straight. :ahee:
Reply 15
What does that even mean? People are so vastly different in this regard how can you even consider trying to come up with a "norm".

Sorry, how about if I say it is the norm for people that I know...better?
EDIT: I do understand your point though, I didn't really help out the OP much haha
Reply 16
lol thanks for the replies

what if he is constantly messaging and he has already introduced you to his best friend?
Reply 17
I know what a norm is, I'm saying it's ludicrous to come up with one in this instance.

How exactly is it ludicrous to come up with a norm for this? If your point is that the poster has probably not done a huge amount of research into this then that is fair enough, you would almost certainly be correct, but that doesn't mean that there cannot be a norm here. There is an average for everything.
Reply 18
Original post by Treeroy
How exactly is it ludicrous to come up with a norm for this? If your point is that the poster has probably not done a huge amount of research into this then that is fair enough, you would almost certainly be correct, but that doesn't mean that there cannot be a norm here. There is an average for everything.

He did not mean statistical average...
Reply 19
He did not mean statistical average...

So? I said a norm is an average, you agreed, and you said it is ludicrous to come up with a norm for this because this isn't about averages. You can't have it both ways, I'm afraid. You either agree that we're talking about averages or not. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending