The Student Room Group

Still can't get over him.....

It's been a year and 4 months since me and my ex best friend (best way to describe it. We were friends but never FWB or anthing of that sort) had sex with each other.

I was 17 - nearly 18 and he was 20. He surprised me by tell me the day before he was coming up to see me. His parents had just moved to paris so he had a long way to come. So stayed at his cousins the day before.

He came to mine, we met in the station then went to the park by my house, rolled a joint, had a general conversation about his hometown.
Walked back to mine.

Went to my bed room. Put some music on and then thats when he shocked me even more by kissing me. So one thing led to another and we ended up having sex, although he wanted it unprotected and I said no, he sighed at this but put a condom on anyway.

A little while after we fell out and he removed me as a friend of facebook. This was heart-breaking for me as we had two more dates planned :frown:

So I resent him the request and its still pending to this day. He's been single for around 6 months or so. He only dated one girl after me.

However I just dont know what to do about him, as we were good friends we got very similar tattoos. I'm scared of bumping into him when I go over to Paris myself, I'd just like to be able to have him back in my life again...

Any advice?
Reply 1
*bump*
Reply 2
have you spoke to him since that evening?
Paris isn't exactly small. Doubt you will bump into him.

You don't have much option but to move on?
Think that if he really cared he wouldn't be so stubborn, it's unfortunate but the way you worded it seemed like he got what he wanted than used the argument as an excuse to get out.
When I argue with ex's or friends I generally can't stay angry for more than a few days since I generally care about them and want them in my life.

Odd also is that when you said you "rolled a joint" I instantly warmed to you. You seem nice enough and with time memories will fade and you won't think of him so much.
Enjoy yourself- roll a J, you won't think about it so much. It would help to invest time in others too.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
I wonder which poster this is. :colone:

is this a known troll? not been in relationships as much as i used to...
Reply 5
Give me a break, there are so many suitable options for a partner out there. Why do people get so caught up on one person? Don't get so invested, there's always someone who'll take u further out there. If I got as attached as you do I'd probably fall in love with every woman I see, because they all have something I want... well not all of them. Point is don't get too into one person, get into the moments but stay detached.
Reply 6
Original post by mosmof
have you spoke to him since that evening?

Yes, it was around a month after that we had the fall out.

Original post by So Instinct
Paris isn't exactly small. Doubt you will bump into him.

You don't have much option but to move on?
Think that if he really cared he wouldn't be so stubborn, it's unfortunate but the way you worded it seemed like he got what he wanted than used the argument as an excuse to get out.
When I argue with ex's or friends I generally can't stay angry for more than a few days since I generally care about them and want them in my life.

Odd also is that when you said you "rolled a joint" I instantly warmed to you. You seem nice enough and with time memories will fade and you won't think of him so much.
Enjoy yourself- roll a J, you won't think about it so much. It would help to invest time in others too.

I've been with other guys, relationships and ONS since him so its not like i've stayed single since this has happened but there's something that always bring me back to him.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with other guys, relationships and ONS since him so its not like i've stayed single since this has happened but there's something that always bring me back to him.

Hmm, it happens to many- myself included. Think you will always want him back somewhat even when you have completely moved on.
They call it 'The one that got away'.
Reply 8
Original post by So Instinct
Hmm, it happens to many- myself included. Think you will always want him back somewhat even when you have completely moved on.
They call it 'The one that got away'.

:frown:
He was almost the prefect man for me. From looks to personality. He wasn't into romance that much but was still really affectionate and caring.
The only thing he had a problem with was drug addiction.
Reply 9
*bump again*
Reply 10
:frown:
He was almost the prefect man for me. From looks to personality. He wasn't into romance that much but was still really affectionate and caring.
The only thing he had a problem with was drug addiction.

lol girls.

you want to be with a drug addict
Reply 11
Went to my bed room. Put some music on and then thats when he shocked me even more by kissing me. So one thing led to another and we ended up having sex, although he wanted it unprotected and I said no, he sighed at this but put a condom on anyway.

This guys sounds like a real catch :thumbsup:
Reply 12
Original post by J.Dodge
lol girls.

you want to be with a drug addict

He wasn't a hardcore heroin addict!
Just weed and MDMA. More the latter.

Original post by MancBoy
This guys sounds like a real catch :thumbsup:

He didn't specify for unprotected. We did do it til I freaked out and asked him to do it protected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending