The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
Original post by Carri10
They'll probably only start calling after this weekend when they've sorted most of it out I'm guessing. This is the weekend where the winter pool discussion takes place :/
The Pool has closed. The stage we are at now is waiting for the colleges to act upon the decisions that have been made so far. The priority today will be to get hold of those people who are being recalled for interview; then they'll make a start on telling those lucky people have got direct offers already, and (one hopes) putting those who have been unsuccessful out of their misery.

Original post by Atropos
they will only call today and tomorrow (after that chances are little)
Interview candidates need to know by tomorrow at the very latest. Direct offers will come in for several days yet.
Reply 1661
Original post by Carri10
Haha yeah, I was revising for my maths mock by doing statistics calculations on the info I could find ^^ I thought it would chill me out but it just made me more nervous :tongue:

I did all sort of stuff with it.... (i've done S1 to S4 so i had quiet a bit of calculations to be done :biggrin:)
Reply 1662
Original post by Atropos
Minerva hoped u like me making the fact that u r a SHE stand out ;D
I noticed you'd used upper case, but it's too early on a Sunday morning for me to have worked out why :o: :rofl:
Original post by Minerva

Hi Minerva, thanks for creating this informative thread.

Although the possible reply dates are given as 5-14 Jan, do you know how/when international applicants will be contacted? Am I correct to assume that it would take awhile for colleges to email/call applicants at this busy time, especially today, given that pool interviews are being arranged?

Thanks!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1664
Original post by Atropos
I did all sort of stuff with it.... (i've done S1 to S4 so i had quiet a bit of calculations to be done :biggrin:)

S1-S4? A-level right? I do HL IB Maths so I'm not sure how much that actually is ^^
Reply 1665
Original post by Carri10
S1-S4? A-level right? I do HL IB Maths so I'm not sure how much that actually is ^^

yeah s1-s4 at a level (normally people do s1-s2)
Reply 1666
Original post by Atropos
yeah s1-s4 at a level (normally people do s1-s2)

:smile:
Original post by Atropos

What's the regression coefficient? Spearman's rank correlation coefficient? The various means and Variances? Sxx, Syy, Sxy? Product moment correlation coefficient? I need to know!
Reply 1668
Minerva, you are quiet experienced with pools, when about will they start calling people with direct offers ?
Reply 1669
Original post by \/ibhav
What's the regression coefficient? Spearman's rank correlation coefficient? The various means and Variances? Sxx, Syy, Sxy? Product moment correlation coefficient? I need to know!

I am afraid I can't tell you I've done it all yesterday... it's in the bin somewhere (but I have actually done it I swear)
Reply 1670
Original post by Studentrooomuser
Hi Minerva, thanks for creating this informative thread.

Although the possible reply dates are given as 5-14 Jan, do you know how/when international applicants will be contacted? Am I correct to assume that it would take awhile for colleges to email/call applicants at this busy time, especially today, given that pool interviews are being arranged?

Thanks!
Have you been pooled?

International poolees getting offers will usually get emails, sometime in the next few days usually, but it can take longer. If you have been unsuccessful, the more considerate colleges will email you as soon as they can. Otherwise a letter will make its way to you by snail mail and/or it will show up on Track.

I'm afraid it's a case of waiting and hoping, and this could go on for several days yet.
Reply 1671
Do they call international applicants as well? Or are we emailed?
Original post by Minerva
Have you been pooled?

International poolees getting offers will usually get emails, sometime in the next few days usually, but it can take longer. If you have been unsuccessful, the more considerate colleges will email you as soon as they can. Otherwise a letter will make its way to you by snail mail and/or it will show up on Track.

I'm afraid it's a case of waiting and hoping, and this could go on for several days yet.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I have been pooled!
I'll just be waiting then... :smile:
Reply 1673
Original post by ism1
Do they call international applicants as well? Or are we emailed?
Email is most likely, because of time differences and cost.
Reply 1674
Anyone been fished this morning?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Been sat with the phone for 3 hours now and finally decided I can risk 2 minutes to go and brush my teeth, deciding not to take the phone with me. Phone started ringing. I have an electric brush, so I just about heard it ringing quite late and just missed it as I ran to get it. What are the chances?! :frown:
I was fished last night by Churchill and this morning by Fitzwilliam (for English)... is this even possible?!
Neither college made any mention of each other, though both are asking me in on the same day - can I assume that this means they HAVE conferred and that this isn't just a glitch / some kind of sick joke?

So grateful but so saddened by the prospect of yet more interviews hahaha
Original post by \/ibhav
Been sat with the phone for 3 hours now and finally decided I can risk 2 minutes to go and brush my teeth, deciding not to take the phone with me. Phone started ringing. I have an electric brush, so I just about heard it ringing quite late and just missed it as I ran to get it. What are the chances?! :frown:

That is so ironic. I take it you called back??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hebbamundo
That is so ironic. I take it you called back??

Posted from TSR Mobile

How?
Original post by Tildamall
Has anyone else been given a place by Newnham and is pretty unsure about going to an all girls college???

I'll have your place, if you don't want it? :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending