The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by \/ibhav
How?

You have caller ID right? Just call the number that called you? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1681
Original post by ohlittlewolf
I was fished last night by Churchill and this morning by Fitzwilliam (for English)... is this even possible?!
Neither college made any mention of each other, though both are asking me in on the same day - can I assume that this means they HAVE conferred and that this isn't just a glitch / some kind of sick joke?

So grateful but so saddened by the prospect of yet more interviews hahaha
Yes it is possible. It would have been helpful if they'd mentioned each other but there you go. As long as the timings are sensible then just confirm you plan to attend. If you need overnight accommodation ask one of the colleges for advice - it doesn't matter which one unless guidance on this is given in the emails, in which case follow that. Good luck!
Original post by Hebbamundo
You have caller ID right? Just call the number that called you? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was on landline, I can't see what their number was.
Thank you Minerva :smile:

Vibhav - call 1471, that gives you the number of the last person who called you on a landline.
I was just having a shower and I hear my mum run up to the door of the bathroom yelling my name so I get really excited and then she says "Don't use all the hot water. I want a shower too!" -_-
This talk was somewhat comforting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTO_dZUvbJA :smile:
Reply 1686
Original post by cytang
I'm from Malaysia... Yeah... I get the feeling of staring at your inbox blankly doing practically nothing productive despite having exams tomorrow... What a good timing :frown:

Two exams tomorrow...Try to calm down and read books:smile:
Original post by meowcat95
I was just having a shower and I hear my mum run up to the door of the bathroom yelling my name so I get really excited and then she says "Don't use all the hot water. I want a shower too!" -_-

Accidentally negged you (was trying to positive rep), sorry!
Reply 1688
Whoever designed Hercules' tasks had clearly never heard of the Cambridge Winter Pool...
Reply 1689
Been invited back for an interview on Thursday at Fitzwilliam for English. Absolutely terrified as interviews are not my strong point at all but just glad to be given another chance. I just wanted to say check your spam folders, the invite had been sitting there since six last night and I only thought to check this morning.
Reply 1690
Original post by Tildamall
Has anyone else been given a place by Newnham and is pretty unsure about going to an all girls college???

YES! I got one last night but don't know how to feel about it, do you think you'll take it?? :smile:
This articulates another reason why we should not be too stressed out about the partly random processes at work in the winter pool: http://youtu.be/MtSE4rglxbY
Original post by insomniacramblings
Accidentally negged you (was trying to positive rep), sorry!

Aha no worries, maybe you can positive rep this post instead :wink:

Edit: bit harsh, it was only a joke...
(edited 11 years ago)
I have been called by Fitzwilliam for a reinterview on the 11th. Does this mean I will not be offered a direct offer by another college?
Reply 1694
Anyone heard from NatSci yet?
Have any non-UK based students heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PooPoo

Nope :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by josephtsui
I have been called by Fitzwilliam for a reinterview on the 11th. Does this mean I will not be offered a direct offer by another college?

Yes
Original post by PooPoo

I'm a natsci applicant and I have been called by Fitz for an interview.
I am supposed to be doing chemistry past papers but all I can think of is whether I'll get a call today or not. This is just another day of torture :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending