The Student Room Group

Last Minute Application

Basically, I put down my five choices and applied around October time as I was applying to Cambridge. In the last few days, I've come to the realisation that it was a pretty stupid idea to not apply for Warwick. I'm pretty determined to sort something out but it seems like it's gonna be a challenge and hard to do. Does anyone have any ideas? My plan so far is to call up Warwick directly and pretty much beg them to help me. I was pretty silly to not apply there and now I'm in this situation!
Reply 1
As far as I know (therefore I may be wrong), I think the only option you have is to reject all your offers and apply to Warwick through UCAS Extra. However, that would of course be very risky as I'm guessing its very competitive to get into Warwick and if you're not successful you'll have to take a gap year and re-apply next year.
Reply 2
Original post by JA1994
As far as I know (therefore I may be wrong), I think the only option you have is to reject all your offers and apply to Warwick through UCAS Extra. However, that would of course be very risky as I'm guessing its very competitive to get into Warwick and if you're not successful you'll have to take a gap year and re-apply next year.

Hmm that would be risky as I still want my Bristol, Bath and Nottingham offers as I would still have a choice to make between Warwick and (most likely) Bristol. I just want to be able to have the option but I can't see how I can sort it without begging Warwick directly.
Reply 3
you could do extra or withdraw your application as it's before the deadline and resubmit but it'd have to be a different personal statement and you are mega pushed for time, is warwick the be all and end all? Otherwise it seems like a pretty risky thing to be doing when presumably you already have offers! Don't panic and think about all the what ifs, you wouldn't want to ruin your chances at oxbridge :smile: good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by elwatson2
you could do extra or withdraw your application as it's before the deadline and resubmit but it'd have to be a different personal statement and you are mega pushed for time, is warwick the be all and end all? Otherwise it seems like a pretty risky thing to be doing when presumably you already have offers! Don't panic and think about all the what ifs, you wouldn't want to ruin your chances at oxbridge :smile: good luck!

It's not possible to withdraw and reapply.

There's now no way to apply to warwick unless using Extra or Clearing, but Warwick may not have places. Even begging them won't help as there's nothing they can do.

Sent from my GT-S5363
Your only other choice is to drop your entire application for this year, and reapply in Oct for 2014 entry. This would not only allow you to concentrate on A level revision rather than UCAS/applications issues now, but mean you would have *known* results when applying. You would get unconditional offers (if appropriate) and then have time for work/earning money and travel before going to Uni.

HIGHLY recommended.
Reply 6
Gap Ya is definitely out of the picture. Looks like I'm stuck haha! Not to worry, I'm sure my uni experience will be fine. Just to decide between Bristol and Bath now! For Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Ioannou728
Gap Ya is definitely out of the picture. Looks like I'm stuck haha! Not to worry, I'm sure my uni experience will be fine. Just to decide between Bristol and Bath now! For Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since you want to study maths if I ever you i d go for bristol instead of warwick I don't think you should withdraw your application at the moment. As soon as you receive your final grades you can go through clearing/adjustment! Are you an ib student?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by pikomar
Since you want to study maths if I ever you i d go for bristol instead of warwick I don't think you should withdraw your application at the moment. As soon as you receive your final grades you can go through clearing/adjustment! Are you an ib student?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, A-Levels.
Reply 9
Nope, A-Levels.

From the name I can assume that you re greek right? Anyway my suggestion is that you ask your supervisor that helped you with your application but most likely he will tell you that its not very feasible right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by pikomar
From the name I can assume that you re greek right? Anyway my suggestion is that you ask your supervisor that helped you with your application but most likely he will tell you that its not very feasible right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha Greek-Cypriot, but born and raised in England. Yeah I guess there's not much I can do really, too little too late. I'm sure I'll be fine!
Reply 11
Haha Greek-Cypriot, but born and raised in England. Yeah I guess there's not much I can do really, too little too late. I'm sure I'll be fine!

Cool!
Yes it ll be alright. You should attend open days as soon as you receive your offers :smile:
Reply 12
To the two guys that negatively rated the post I mean given the current situation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending