The Student Room Group

tell me to revise

this is the thread in which you tell me to revise.

Scroll to see replies

Revise! Think of what you are going to do when you have no exams left.. or how amazing it will be if you get the results you want.
Although i'm probably not too reliable , as i also seem to be on the student room instead of revising.
Reply 2
so much procrastination :frown:
Original post by Tabzqt
so much procrastination :frown:

Get someone else to revise with you, it helps becuase then you can motivate eachother.
Free Willy 3: The Rescue is on ITV2 at the moment
"Masturbation is just like procrastination, it's fun at first, but in the end you're just screwing yourself." I like that quote because it reminds me how useless both masturbation and procrastination are.

Spend 30 mins clearing your room, chuck dirty washing in the hamper, bin any rubbish, put coffee mugs in the dishwasher/kitchen to be washed later. Clear your desk so it's full of space. If you have any minty chewing gum, chew on some. Peppermint really helps concentration. I happen to have a bottle of peppermint oil that I sniff, and Olbas Oil does the trick too. Close down TSR, close down Facebook and any other platforms you waste time on, and tell yourself that you're gonna work until 2:30pm (it's 12:45pm) now. That's a decent chunk to get started with.

Then go get a cup of tea, walk around just to wake yourself up, go into other rooms of the house. You don't wanna sit in the same room the whole time because you'll get bored as hell. Go back and do another hour or so of work, then reward yourself with some TV or something. Don't use TSR or Facebook as rewards, as you'll just associate the computer with them, when you need to think of it as a tool for revision.
Reply 6
Just have a **** now and let it be over with.

Release dat built up tension in your persons.
Original post by RichyFrench
Don't use TSR or Facebook as rewards, as you'll just associate the computer with them, when you need to think of it as a tool for revision.

Infact I use facebook for revision, I post countless questions on there. But then I am crazy.
Original post by jamboogy
Just have a **** now and let it be over with.

Release dat built up tension in your persons.

That's probably the worst revision advice, you lose all motivation by fapping.
Reply 9
"Masturbation is just like procrastination, it's fun at first, but in the end you're just screwing yourself." I like that quote because it reminds me how useless both masturbation and procrastination are.

Spend 30 mins clearing your room, chuck dirty washing in the hamper, bin any rubbish, put coffee mugs in the dishwasher/kitchen to be washed later. Clear your desk so it's full of space. If you have any minty chewing gum, chew on some. Peppermint really helps concentration. I happen to have a bottle of peppermint oil that I sniff, and Olbas Oil does the trick too. Close down TSR, close down Facebook and any other platforms you waste time on, and tell yourself that you're gonna work until 2:30pm (it's 12:45pm) now. That's a decent chunk to get started with.

Then go get a cup of tea, walk around just to wake yourself up, go into other rooms of the house. You don't wanna sit in the same room the whole time because you'll get bored as hell. Go back and do another hour or so of work, then reward yourself with some TV or something. Don't use TSR or Facebook as rewards, as you'll just associate the computer with them, when you need to think of it as a tool for revision.

that's some good advice right there, cheers :tongue:

unfortunately, I got rather distracted today...
Original post by Tabzqt
that's some good advice right there, cheers :tongue:

unfortunately, I got rather distracted today...

Today is not over, get to it!
Reply 11
Original post by galacticfear
Today is not over, get to it!

oh **** yeah...brb
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
I just got distracted by the anti-female masturbation thread

o.o
Original post by Tabzqt
I just got distracted by the anti-female masturbation thread

o.o

Sign a contract whereby you get castrated if you do not start revising.
The only way I was motivated was till after I failed... then i worked hard and did awesome. But do you really wanna have to make the same initial mistake? Get off here and revise.
Reply 15

does the peppermint oil actually work? I've heard that it can help revision ahah
Reply 16
Go to your control panel on your computer, then System and Security, then Windows Firewall, then Advanced Settings (on the left).

Click "outbound" on the left, then click "new rule" on the right. Click "program" then desktop and select your current internet browser (ie Chrome, Firefox, I.E if you're a noob) and then proceed to "block the connection" on the next page. Give click next when it asks about private domain etc, then name it "Revision time" or something synonymous.

Proceed to doing the EXACT same using "inbound rules" instead (it's not essential, but I would recommend it).

You cannot now access the internet using your browser. If you want to access it again, you're going to have to open up the firewall again and change back the settings. This should mean you can't be bothered to enable it again and will continue to revise.

Good thing is, programs like spotify will still connect to the internet.
Reply 17
Original post by Tabzqt
this is the thread in which you tell me to revise.

Revise fool, or feel my wrath!
I am also lacking motivation.... Procrastination for the nation.
This is a reply in which I tell you to revise.
Reply 19
Guys, this is an old thread.
But anyway, I did actually revise, and I did get good grades. so it all worked out :smile:

my one big tip would be this: stay behind after school and work in the library for another 1 or 2 hours. It's great because there is nothing there to distract you and you can concentrate wholly on the work. I get so much done. good luck everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest