The Student Room Group

Is it socially acceptable to be a virgin at 25?

I only lost my virginity at 25. Is that kinda socially wierd/abnormal?
and please dont say all that crap about how one should lost it whenever they want, etc. The truth is people do kinda think that its kinda weird to be a virgin past a certain age.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Socially acceptable? Who's gonna know?
Reply 2
Totally unacceptable.

Leave the country at once.

....... 25 and asking questions like this? ****ing hell.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I only lost my virginity at 25. Is that kinda socially wierd/abnormal?
and please dont say all that crap about how one should lost it whenever they want, etc. The truth is people do kinda think that its kinda weird to be a virgin past a certain age.

I was. No big deal. It's your body. You decide what to do with your body.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Depends if your brilliant, funny, witty, charming and not religious then no otherwise your fine! People make too much of a big deal out of loosing their virginity and the first time is normally awkward and crap :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
No doubt a lot of people do think it's unusual to be a virgin past a certain age. At the same time, there are also a lot of people who just don't care, and maybe think there's more to life than sex.

At the end of the day, what you yourself think about it is more important than anything else.
Reply 6
It's completely normal to lose your virginity at this age. There is no law that says, "have sex once you turn 16 or you will be prosecuted."
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by concubine
Totally unacceptable.

....... 25 and asking questions like this? ****ing hell.

Yeah, I think the fact that someone of your age is asking this on here is a much bigger concern than the age you lost your virginity.
In the blunt honest truth?

Are you a girl? No, people would have found it attractive.

Are you a guy? Yes, would have found it odd if not based on religious or personal choice.
Reply 9
People will probably try and comfort you and say "no, you lose it whenever the time feels right!" but the reality is that if you told the average joe or jane on the streets they'd prob smile at you and think deep down that it's weird. I've known guys to get picked on for being virgins in their early 20s..
Reply 10
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
In the blunt honest truth?

Are you a girl? No, people would have found it attractive.

Are you a guy? Yes, would have found it odd if not based on religious or personal choice.

Yeah I heard Ann Widdecombe and Susan Boyle have always been lusted after..

*facepalm*
Original post by redferry

*facepalm*

I get what you're saying, but that's not fair really. I just said that as a trait, it's more attractive than being a sloot.

If an average looking girl had been promiscuous, I'd personally find it unattractive. If she was a virgin, I'd find her more modest and cute. Might be slightly to do with not worrying about STDs too :innocent:
Reply 12
Original post by redferry
*facepalm*

Tbh, I'd bone Susan Boyle purely for the headlines in The Sun.
Reply 13
People will probably laugh but it's what you think of yourself that really matters.
^^LOL!

Anyways, assuming you're a guy, to be fair I'd be quite surprised if someone had (not) lost it by the age of 25 - did you make an effort with the girls in the past?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
You're 25 and asking majority teenagers forum when's an appropriate time to have sex?
Original post by Michaelj
People will probably try and comfort you and say "no, you lose it whenever the time feels right!" but the reality is that if you told the average joe or jane on the streets they'd prob smile at you and think deep down that it's weird. I've known guys to get picked on for being virgins in their early 20s..

Well it will be seen as odd, but "socially unacceptable"? I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I don't think people would dislike or alienate someone for losing their virginity late.
Absolutely not, your very obviously some sort of pond dwelling weirdo with no concept whatsoever of proper human interaction and relations.

For shame sir...for shame.
Reply 18
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
I get what you're saying, but that's not fair really. I just said that as a trait, it's more attractive than being a sloot.

If an average looking girl had been promiscuous, I'd personally find it unattractive. If she was a virgin, I'd find her more modest and cute. Might be slightly to do with not worrying about STDs too :innocent:

You obviously have not heard of condoms then...

Being a virgin does not make someone attractive if they aren't attractive in the first place. I'm sure the vast majority of guys would rather date an attractive girl who has had a few previous partners than an average/ugly girl who has had none.
Reply 19
Socially acceptable? Debatable. Acceptable by TSR standards? Absolutely. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending