The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by freegladelancer
Still nothing from Clare! And it looks like they've notified people by email so I'm not sure I should email them, especially since I'm international and they seem to have automatically emailed international applicants. And it's past midnight in the UK so I'l have to wait for ages before I hear anything D: Anyone else from Clare hasn't heard anything yet?

I applied to Clare for music and I still haven't heard anything! So this is somewhat reassuring. It's so frustrating as well because you can see on here that lots of people have heard from the music department/college. I feel your pain!
Reply 901
Original post by stephglen10
MML! you? :biggrin:

Economics :wink:
Original post by Pe94
Hi guys I have one more question, because I am not sure whether I understand well one part of my offer letter. It says:
Your admission is on the basis that you will be classified as a European Union student for the purpose of University fees and College fees will be paid on your behalf by the University at the Publicly-funded undergraduate rate. That assessment is based on the information which you have supplied to the College, and your fee status may be reassessed at any time for the purpose of the whole course if that information is incorrect. Where the information is currently insufficient to enable a full assessment to be made, the stated classification will be amended to whatever is appropriate on the whole facts of the matter.

At first I havent supplied any information, does it mean that they will ask me for the proof of my parent's earnings or financial situaiton?
Does it also mean that I am entitled to the students' loan for the university fees? Or does it apply also to accommodation etc stuff?

They are only saying that they are assuming you are a Home Student (or EU Student) for fee purposes. If you are British and have lived in the UK for at least the last three years then indeed you are a Home Student.

You will be entitled to the students' loan as a Home Student. Your college will want to see the proof of loan (a letter) you get when you apply for the loan on fees. That will be evidence of you being a Home Student.

EDIT: Oh I see you are Polish? In that case you are an EU Student if you've lived in the EU for the last three years. However you will need to apply to your own government for any loans they might have, as the British systems of student loans will be unavailable to you.

EDIT: Sorry I should have made myself clearer. The loan for fees is available, but if you are unrelated to the UK up til now the loan for living costs will not be available even as an EU student.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 903
Original post by lkc2508
I applied to Clare for music and I still haven't heard anything! So this is somewhat reassuring. It's so frustrating as well because you can see on here that lots of people have heard from the music department/college. I feel your pain!

I'm in the same boat as both of you. Still waiting on Clare, albeit not music.
If it's any reassurance - I've seen people with all outcomes - offers, pooling and rejection. So it doesn't look like they're batching them together on that.

I really don't see the cause for the wait though. Sending emails isn't rocket science, and I'm pretty sure they've known for a while.

Good luck when you get your notice tomorrow :smile:
congratulations, commiserations to those who've got their letters back.
If you find yourself with an offer from selwyn, by the pool or by applying here, you've done well (in my humble opinion) :smile: anyways selwyn offer holders there is now a group on Facebook for you guys:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/184974481644770/
I´m abroad so my letter´s still at home. This is quite annoying :tongue:
Original post by lkc2508

Good luck Laura. :colone: Tell Dan he goes to an inferior university.

Original post by ben-smith
I´m abroad so my letter´s still at home. This is quite annoying :tongue:

Hopefully the good news you deserve. When will you be home? :smile:
approximately 20 hours left for the Cambridge admissions office to open. I'm estimating another 24 hours before the emails hit the internationals. :mad: An eternity! :mad:
Original post by shankar.leo
approximately 20 hours left for the Cambridge admissions office to open. I'm estimating another 24 hours before the emails hit the internationals. :mad: An eternity! :mad:

Ermagerd don't remind meeeee! :frown: Nervous as heck now. I'll have to wait until 5pm Malaysian time. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Oromis263;40874606"]
Hopefully the good news you deserve. When will you be home? :smile:

late today/1 AM tomorrow. we´ll see...
Reply 910
Any other UK Caius applicants out there STILL waiting for a letter?
Reply 911
Original post by aejr
Any other UK Caius applicants out there STILL waiting for a letter?

Yes and there's quite a few of us it would seem. Their organisational skills have been appalling so far.
Reply 912
Original post by WJRA
Yes and there's quite a few of us it would seem. Their organisational skills have been appalling so far.

I know 2 people who received letters (one rejection, one offer) from Caius on the 4th, so it is very strange.
It is so annoying being left in limbo!
Reply 913
Original post by aejr
I know 2 people who received letters (one rejection, one offer) from Caius on the 4th, so it is very strange.
It is so annoying being left in limbo!

Where are they from in the country? Me and my friend live in London and neither of us have heard yet. I saw on TSR that there are some people from Scotland who have received letters from Caius before us!
Reply 914
Original post by WJRA
Where are they from in the country? Me and my friend live in London and neither of us have heard yet. I saw on TSR that there are some people from Scotland who have received letters from Caius before us!

Both from the Midlands. Does the fact our letters are delayed suggest anything about the decision?
Reply 915
Also a Caius applicant, but from Hong Kong. Nothing I know about my status so far. :s-smilie:
Reply 916
Original post by aejr
Both from the Midlands. Does the fact our letters are delayed suggest anything about the decision?

No it should have no relation at all. People who have reported getting letters on here have received the whole range of decisions. The only situation I can think of which could effect the timing of the letter is if we were pooled then pulled back by Caius on the 3rd so our letters took longer to finalize. That seems incredibly unlikely given the number of people who haven't got letters yet though. I'm hoping they arrive tomorrow and if not i'm going to beg them to reconsider their policy not to email UK applicants.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 917
Original post by WJRA
No it should have no relation at all. People who have reported getting letters on here have received the whole range of decisions. The only situation I can think of which could effect the timing of the letter is if we were pooled then pulled back by Caius on the 3rd so our letters took longer to finalize. That seems incredibly unlikely given the number of people who haven't got letters yet though. I'm hoping they arrive tomorrow and if not i'm going to beg them to reconsider their policy not to email UK applicants.

That is a very strange policy. How long does it take to attach a file to an email? and how hard is it to get an automated system like all other universities?

It would be gutting to get rejected after all of this, but hopefully your theory is correct and I'll be seeing you all there next year!
Reply 918
Original post by aejr
That is a very strange policy. How long does it take to attach a file to an email? and how hard is it to get an automated system like all other universities?

It would be gutting to get rejected after all of this, but hopefully your theory is correct and I'll be seeing you all there next year!

I don't know but when I asked I was given this response: "Unfortunately, we are unable to send email copies of decision letters to UK applicants as if we do this for one or two students we will be inundated with requests for emails and the process of sending the copies is time consuming."

I know they've been very slow emailing international applicants though so it makes sense that they wouldn't consider UK emails until that backlog is cleared.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 919
Original post by WJRA
I don't know but when I asked I was given this response: "Unfortunately, we are unable to send email copies of decision letters to UK applicants as if we do this for one or two students we will be inundated with requests for emails and the process of sending the copies is time consuming."

I know they've been very slow emailing international applicants though so it makes sense that they wouldn't consider UK emails until that backlog is cleared.

Yes I got the same message.

Oh well, I think we need to put it to the back of our minds until tomorrow :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending