The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1920
Original post by Hopscotch23
I'm being interviewed for History at Murray Edwards so I wouldn't rule out that possibility :smile:

Oh really congratulations! And thank you for letting me know :smile:
Original post by rooosy
There are still quite a few of us swimming around... And I think it's fairly unlikely that they'll re-interview for History (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong!) so if we are going to be fished, I think we'll be low-priority in terms of their need to speak to us this weekend... Hang in there!

Aaaah I'm feeling the same :frown:
just need to think positive guys!
Reply 1922
i'm an international student so i'm pretty sure they dont interview me. am i right in thinking that a direct offer is my only hope? or might they phone/skype interview me?

no fair :frown:
Original post by iamsherlocked
Thank you :smile: Good luck to you too, hopefully someone will fish you too soon :smile:

Thanks. :smile: I'm slowly losing hope though, two people have been fished for my course and I've not received any good news yet. Ah well, at least I should get my rejection email soon as I did apply to King's. :rolleyes:
Reply 1924
Original post by rooosy
There are still quite a few of us swimming around... And I think it's fairly unlikely that they'll re-interview for History (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong!) so if we are going to be fished, I think we'll be low-priority in terms of their need to speak to us this weekend... Hang in there!

*hugs*
I hope so!
Just worried about this whole TSR not being representative etc. thing! Meaning lots of Historians are walking around with offers and we've just got a few reports here!
Should I be worried if I haven't seen any other historians pooled by my preference college?
Original post by rooosy
Oh really congratulations! And thank you for letting me know :smile:

You're welcome, and good luck all !
Reply 1926
When do you the Chem Eng and Natural Science decisions come!?
literally going mad...
Reply 1927
Original post by anniema
no :/ but someone on the theology thread has recieved an offer through the pool. i'm quickly losing hope!! which college did you apply to?

yeah i saw! but thats just one person, have you herd of anyone else? applied to queens', you?
Reply 1928
I've been given an interview at Churchill College - does this mean, even if they reject me after interview, I cannot be given a direct offer from another college?
Reply 1929
Original post by Oromis263
There is no auto-pooling for international candidates.

yes there is...?

All applicants in this round (except those for Mathematics and Medicine) who are not offered places by their preference Colleges but have attained an overall average of 93% or more in their three best AS Level subjects [or SUMS for named courses, see below] MUST be pooled.

Applicants interviewed overseas (except those for Medicine): all applicants who scored 8.5 or above when interviewed by the Cambridge team overseas MUST be pooled.
I've had a call from Murray Edwards for a reinterview on Friday (for Physical NatSci)!! :biggrin:
Reply 1931
Original post by melzel
There have been two offers for law from the pool so far, I think. One yesterday and one today... :s-smilie:

And at least two interviews...

Ah ok :frown: well guess my chances are very slim then :s-smilie:
Reply 1932
I'm swimming in deep waters :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by 130495
I've been given an interview at Churchill College - does this mean, even if they reject me after interview, I cannot be given a direct offer from another college?

Yep, you've jumped ships! It's all in their hand now :eek: Good Luck!! :smile:
Original post by joyie
yes there is...?

Apologies, I just assumed it was meant on grades.
This pooling business is probably making me fall out with a very good friend of mine as I'm incredibly bitter that he's just been fished for maths (Girton).

Ty Cambridge for unleashing the worst in me :V

(In other news I'm being consumed by a cathartic envy. If anyone else is hoping to go to Durham if Cam don't fish them, then I hope to see you there~!)

Original post by cecil_bear
I've had a call from Murray Edwards for a reinterview on Friday (for Physical NatSci)!! :biggrin:

I'll see you there - I have a medicine reinterview on the same day! Are you going to stay the night before?
Original post by Zhy
I'm swimming in deep waters :frown:

Like this?

[video="youtube;3KecHImaKfU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KecHImaKfU[/video]
Reply 1938
Sorry Folks - mobile internet is crap sometimes :mad:

I'm out all afternoon, but have managed to upload today's status report to the OP.

In summary, as at 11.00 201 people had posted to say they are in the Pool. 14 have been invited back for interview and 31 have received direct offers so far - the detail is in the report.

Keep faith and stay positive. There's a long way to go yet. From 201 peope given usual rates you'd be looking at around 45 direct offers and 30 invitations to interview - I know a few have come in since I did the report, but still more to go :smile:.
Original post by Jimbobp
I got a offer (from the pool) for Homerton, a lot of mathmos seem to be re-interviewed I reckon its because most people have high UMS so its not much of a distinguishing factor

Congrats! Hmmm my UMS is pretty high for maths but only 92.6 overall most relevant 3. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending